Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 5: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 17418 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 5: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #15
9.14 feck me! I was out so I only watched bits and pieces of the 1st and 2nd qtr on my phone. All I saw was us bust a boiler to get in I50 only to  kick a behind and they went I50 and kicked a goal. Nothings changed in that regard Id say.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Bruise free brand, players pull out of contests and won't tackle or chase.
Dimma, Clarkson wouldn't tolerate it...
what are you saying EB?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Another oh so familiar performance. Port took the foot off the throat in the last, the umpires decided to even up the stat sheet and paid us free kicks like they were going out of business and they still cruised in by 5 goals.
So many 'B' graders in this side. Not smart enough or good enough. Brisbane will give us a football lesson next week.

Reply #18
Clarkson next coach
Mcguire next President
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #19
Clarkson next coach
Mcguire next President
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #21
Wouldn't matter. If the players don't want it enough they'd only get frustrated. Malthouse wouldn't tolerate it either but did him no good. Can only come from the players themselves.

Reply #22
Silvagni's drafting and trading.... Just Wow! Any chance there could be one player who can kick?

6th year into the rebuild and we're where? It's embarassing that a club with so many first round picks hasn't improved one iota in 6 years. In fact it looks worse than when we first started. What Silvagni has done is akin to what Malthouse did when he cleaned out the entire forward line.

Then there's Teague and his love child untouchables like Murphy, SPS and Plowman. screw me... And people wonder why we're the joke we are... Soft and unskilled does not a player make, and we have a team full of them lead by our two captains and the irrepressible Marc Murphy...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #23
When Cripps missed that sitter I knew the game was over.

That was the shot that would have put us in front.  Instead a minute later the port lead blew out to 12 and you could see the collective drop their bundle.

Won't someone tell cripps to use the simple short option by hand when its walsh running next to him and then let them deliver the pill rather than trying to bust open 3 tackles and kick 50 metres to a 2 on 1 contest?

Ffs.  Calls himself a captain.  He's trying to act like one.

One of my soccer coaches pulled us up at training and told us a simple truth.  There is no point pegging a 50 yard pass only to sell your teammate into trouble.  You'll only put your teammate over resulting in turnovers.  The simple game is better.  Hit your targets to their advantage and if they stuff up, they'll look crap but they'll stuff up less if you give them the easy pass more frequently and your teammates will look better which in turn makes you look a better player.  Save the heroics for defensive runs and leave the fancy stuff.

Cripps was the biggest issue in our team tonight.  He single handedly seemed to ruin a lot of our momentum.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
what are you saying EB?
Newnes attempt to tackle Amon... Weak half arsed effort. Mcgovern had to go in the 2nd quarter, pulled out on a high ball yep McKay was also coming at the ball but that's why J. Brown was part of three premierships, they don't think they just go harder.
Port switched play several times and several Carlton players gave up and watched.
You know why Ports skills are good, zero pressure from our blokes...

Reply #25
Oh, and Patrick Cripps... This is the definition of someone that's read their own press and believes he's Superman.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #26
Oh, and Patrick Cripps... This is the definition of someone that's read their own press and believes he's Superman.
Did we see this knob at any time over the last 2 weeks?

Reply #27
Cripps inability to chase is a major issue, once the contest is done he is a liability.
His opponents are racking up possies and hurting us.Curnow and Walsh can't cover his man and their own especially when they are quality like Wines, Gray etc.
Think Greenwood had 30 on him last week... Cripps gets his share but butchers too many.
Its the difference between Cripps and say Bontempelli who hurts team even if he isn't minding his man. Cripps either has to defend better or become more of a weapon with the ball.. IMHO.

Reply #28
Did we see this knob at any time over the last 2 weeks?
Oh dude. Your contributions are so full of wit and incisiveness. I look forward to reading your absolute butt laden crap as much as a hole in the head. Thanks for not letting me down.

If you think the last two weeks have been an enjoyable experience rather than cringe fests they actually were, you're more stupid than I originally thought. I imagine you sitting in your navy blue encrusted dungeon lauding the crap they served up the past two weeks and thinking "a premiership is around the corner". You're such a d!CK!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #29
Former Fremantle star Michael Barlow told SEN: “Carlton is close to tossing in the towel, some of their efforts are borderline horrendous.”