Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 8270 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #120
Kennedy is the sub. No change

Reply #121
I think that's a bit tough on Newnes, he is a capable AFL player, but like many on our list he needs to be used the right way.

It's time we set our own narrative, and stopped being so reactive to the opposition tactics.
Newnes has done the job he was hired to do, occupy the wing and be useful while the kids develop, problem being the kids havent developed enough to push him out of the team.
I actually listened to Cripps on the Dyl and friends podcast and Cripps says they love Newnes because he is the first in to help a mate when challenged by opposing players with the rough stuff so I dont see Newnes going anywhere for a while given he has the premier player at the clubs support.
Agree on us being more proactive and setting the agenda in games, bit more imagination at the selection table and with matchups might help..

Reply #122
Newnes has done the job he was hired to do, occupy the wing and be useful while the kids develop, problem being the kids havent developed enough to push him out of the team.
I actually listened to Cripps on the Dyl and friends podcast and Cripps says they love Newnes because he is the first in to help a mate when challenged by opposing players with the rough stuff so I dont see Newnes going anywhere for a while given he has the premier player at the clubs support.
Agree on us being more proactive and setting the agenda in games, bit more imagination at the selection table and with matchups might help.. and playing blokes in their right positions, to many square pegs, round holes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17