Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 8190 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #135
I’m glad others think the Kayo app is clunky, for me the app is stable, but I find the menu system a bit lacking... sometimes struggling to find the game I want to watch.
I'll agree with that, plus the live feed of the game doesnt start till right on game start time, you click on it and I kept getting the aftermath of the Geelong game.
The VFL game was even worse Production wise, weird repetitive replays of goals on top of live action and commentary.

Reply #136
I'll agree with that, plus the live feed of the game doesnt start till right on game start time, you click on it and I kept getting the aftermath of the Geelong game.
The VFL game was even worse Production wise, weird repetitive replays of goals on top of live action and commentary.

As discussed in another thread, when I watched the tiggers game I watched the pregame “from start”, but when it rolled into the match proper it didn’t give me a prompt to “watch live”
So I watched the game with two minute delay which was frustrating as my mate from Brizvegas was texting “live”
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #137
As discussed in another thread, when I watched the tiggers game I watched the pregame “from start”, but when it rolled into the match proper it didn’t give me a prompt to “watch live”
So I watched the game with two minute delay which was frustrating as my mate from Brizvegas was texting “live”
I've noticed sometimes when you exit and re-enter the Kayo App you find the option with the Pre-show is gone and only the game will be available with Live or Start. I think the problem is sometimes they split the feed after the Pre-Show ends and it leaves some links partially dysfunctional.

I've also noticed a hang part way into some games, and that will usually correspond with a program list change.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138
You need to bring up the time menu and hit the live button from there.

Best way is to simply pause it....it will show you how much time has gone and how far behind you are. Just click on the little grey box that says live and it will turn red when you are up to speed.
It took me a while to work out what was going on.

Reply #139
You need to bring up the time menu and hit the live button from there.

Best way is to simply pause it....it will show you how much time has gone and how far behind you are. Just click on the little grey box that says live and it will turn red when you are up to speed.
It took me a while to work out what was going on.

Cheers
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #140
Watching the remainder of the game. The second quarter was pretty terrible, but the rest of the game was good for the youngsters.

[1] Setters had a good game, with 25 disposals, although he had 18 in the first half. His opponent was Mathieson, who got 4 goals. For that, Setters had a lot of tackles and leads the competition in that category.
I find it a hard game to judge as far as Setters went. I like that he has started making more tackles, but I still have real questions over his intensity.
Paddy Dow, on the other hand, I was quite pleased with. He did nothing much when we were on top early, but his last 3 quarters were solid and he was a part of a lot of clearances. His disposal worries me.

[2] In the second quarter Brisbane got well on top in the ruck, hence their scores. But other than that, we ruled in the ruck. Mirkov shows promise. Delany did a bit of ruck work. he is a nice kick, but he isn't quick. He can jump, though. Wooller did a lot of work and was a very solid player. If Wooller had a weapon, like extra height of extra pace, he would be a senior footballer. But at his height and pace he isn't going to make the impact or take the big pack marks. I like him as a footballer: he works himself hard. But he isn't a ruckman: too short and can't jump enough.

[3] Crocker was very good, and he did something few Carlton forward do well: he leads. He has had issues with chasing, and it is clear he moves faster towards the ball than after an opponent, but he did chase and tackle. He is a chance to get a promotion, as he is kicking better now than he did as a junior. He has an excellent pair of hands.

[4] I mentioned earlier how good the VFL guys were with their kicks in the first quarter. They made a liar out of me in the second quarter, but redeemed themselves later on. Honey made fewer mistakes as well and his kicking was excellent.

[5] Radovanovic appears to be a good pickup. he doesn't tend to panic. I like Parsons' game as well. if Parsons had that extra yard of pace, he would be worth considering for the seniors. But, alas, he isn't that quick and needs to be at his height. North is the same: if he was that bit quicker, he'd be a good pickup. He has a very nice left foot that goes the distance.

[6] I was a little disappointed in Ramsey this week. He didn't have the same impact as he did last week, although most of his possessions looked good. Owies was also not at his best, although I was pleased with his tackling. And one things about the kid, he does know where the goals are.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #141
[3] Crocker was very good, and he did something few Carlton forward do well: he leads. He has had issues with chasing, and it is clear he moves faster towards the ball than after an opponent, but he did chase and tackle. He is a chance to get a promotion, as he is kicking better now than he did as a junior. He has an excellent pair of hands.

Crocker is someone we need to take in the midseason draft.

He has a lot of things that our list doesn't.

He has confidence. He has attitude. He has talent. He can kick. He has tatts.
He is Dusty like in the way he goes about things.

We have a few small, quick, crumber types on our list.....but we don't have a solid nuggety will win one on one contests against anyone types.

Reply #142

We have a few small, quick, crumber types on our list.....but we don't have a solid nuggety will win one on one contests against anyone types.

Crockers first q was Dusty/Membrey like.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #143
Crockers first q was Dusty/Membrey like.
Played on Nakia Cockatoo who looked like he had never played down back in his life and was clueless.
Crocker is a good converter and thats where I see his value.

Reply #144

Mightn't be the tallest, fastest or most talented bloke going around, but he does appear to have the right stuff.

And finds the pill. or it finds him!

Query would be whether that's Jack Martin's spot?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #145
I reckon that we have too many short blokes in our AFL team’s forward line, particularly when we insist on kicking high balls to them.  Martin’s return would give us a little more height but we desperately need smaller forwards with the size and strength to at least halve contests with defenders.  Crocker would help to address that.

He just has to perform consistently well to ensure that he can’t be overlooked in the mid-season draft.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #146
Query would be whether that's Jack Martin's spot?

Different players.

You want Martin playing on the wing delivering it to our forwards.....and resting deep.

You'd want crocker playing deep forward, occassionally coming up to half forward.
Think about blokes that give plowman issues, and that's the role you want crocker playing. Deep. Any defender makes a mistake and it's a goal.

Reply #147
I reckon that we have too many short blokes in our AFL team’s forward line, particularly when we insist on kicking high balls to them.  Martin’s return would give us a little more height but we desperately need smaller forwards with the size and strength to at least halve contests with defenders.  Crocker would help to address that.

He just has to perform consistently well to ensure that he can’t be overlooked in the mid-season draft.

How's Waterman going at the Druggies this year? (serious question)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #148
Agree you would play Martin higher up the ground and use Crocker deep in the forward line looking for that mismatch in body strength on a smaller defender. Crocker is a cagey player too, he knows how to work off his man and get to where the ball is going.
Defensively he might have to pick up his game at senior level, I notice he doesnt chase or apply much pressure when the ball is going out of defense . I would see a few teams being interested in him given his profile seems to be getting higher and he is clearly better than VFL..