Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 10635 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

All ready for tomorrow. We know what we want!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
Here is a Quote from Teagues Presser after Carlton get flogged by the Lions:

"I believe in this Group"

:))  :))  :))

Reply #2
Here is a Quote from Teagues Presser after Carlton get flogged by the Lions:

"I believe in this Group"

:))  :))  :))
you left out "I have not stopped believing" and "we won the inside 50s". He'll throw in a "Played our way" somewhere along the line :D  :D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Gee another “honourable” loss we must be on the right track, I saw some passages of play that were encouraging.........blah blah blah blah no improvement time to tank for draft picks to waste

Reply #4
RIP CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Gee another “honourable” loss we must be on the right track, I saw some passages of play that were encouraging.........blah blah blah blah no improvement time to tank for draft picks to waste

Almost worse that we produce such 5hit and continually just lose by a few goals. Feels like such as waste. If only we actually put in.

That 2nd qtr stunk after an excellent start. WTF was it.

Read somewhere that Harry is now leading the Coleman.

Reply #6
We just don't have skills and class to compete at this level.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Headlines in the media: Lions down brave Blues.

Same old, same old.

Again, too many passengers... wasted opportunities in the 1st... and we shizened ourselves when challenged in the 2nd... brave come back in the 3rd... played the game out - same script as last year.

On the up side, there was very good intent from most - just too many not up to it / not senior level.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Headlines in the media: Lions down brave Blues.

Same old, same old.

Again, too many passengers... wasted opportunities in the 1st... and we shizened ourselves when challenged in the 2nd... brave come back in the 3rd... played the game out - same script as last year.

On the up side, there was very good intent from most - just too many not up to it / not senior level.

Reply #10
We just don't have skills and class to compete at this level.

Not sure that's right.    We can compete, but just as quickly we switch off.   2nd qtr was described as sole less on SEN   Another 5 goal run against for Teague and co.    Add to that a 4 goal run in the last.

Our turnovers kill us.    We turn the ball over in dangerous positions and give up easy goals on the counter.   If we aren't the worst side in the comp for conceding goals from turnovers then we are top 2.

We need to continue to give games to young guys who have the basic football skill of hitting a target.

Reply #11
I want to be on record as saying Williams has mot impressed me one iota. For a player touted as being tough and skilful, Id hate to see what weak and poor disposal looks like from him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
More fancied teams than us lost by 97 points and 40 points. This was always going to be an honourable loss.

Reply #13
Exactly a replica of our round 17 game last year. Won 3 qtrs but lost due to a putrid 2nd qtr.

Reply #14
Not sure that's right.    We can compete, but just as quickly we switch off.   2nd qtr was described as sole less on SEN   Another 5 goal run against for Teague and co.    Add to that a 4 goal run in the last.

Our turnovers kill us.    We turn the ball over in dangerous positions and give up easy goals on the counter.   If we aren't the worst side in the comp for conceding goals from turnovers then we are top 2.

We need to continue to give games to young guys who have the basic football skill of hitting a target.

I have never seen a chalk and cheese effort like the first and second qtr ever. At the ground, it was so obvious they were asleep at the wheel. Why why why!!!!!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th