Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 10414 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
Headlines in the media: Lions down brave Blues.

Same old, same old.

Again, too many passengers... wasted opportunities in the 1st... and we shizened ourselves when challenged in the 2nd... brave come back in the 3rd... played the game out - same script as last year.

On the up side, there was very good intent from most - just too many not up to it / not senior level.

Funny you should say same scipt...
My commentary in orange.
Now, I can tell you how the next week will go...
We'll turn up to play against the lions, go ok for most of it, have a down period where they kick away 2nd quarterand despite some good signs we will ultimately lose by 3 or 4 goals.....exactly 3 goalsand you know what, that is ok because they are a better side than us.

Further to that...
An older player will have a shocker. Take your pick, Casboult or Gibbons...
An out of form player will play their best game of the year. Docherty had 28 touches, 7 tackles and 624m gained
A young player will show promising signs and we'll pump him up prematurely. Cuningham in the 1st was very good.....then went missing.....then did well in the last
The coach will get chastised for some words. [watch this space]
Some people will be ready to burn their memberships. [watch this space]
The media will turn the heat up on the club....again. [watch this space]

Bookmark this and tell me how I did. ;)

Reply #16
Why was Rich allowed to get 33 possessions?  Surely Teague had a plan and the assigned player couldn't execute?  If not SACK THE MUPPET and ALL the DUMBF**K "support staff" for being clueless.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
I have never seen a chalk and cheese effort like the first and second qtr ever. At the ground, it was so obvious they were asleep at the wheel. Why why why!!!!!
Short memory G2C

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2020/031020200731.html#prog

or by the same logic, but different quarters...
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2020/031120200613.html#prog

Reply #18
Not sure that's right.    We can compete, but just as quickly we switch off.   2nd qtr was described as sole less on SEN   Another 5 goal run against for Teague and co.    Add to that a 4 goal run in the last.

Our turnovers kill us.    We turn the ball over in dangerous positions and give up easy goals on the counter.   If we aren't the worst side in the comp for conceding goals from turnovers then we are top 2.

We need to continue to give games to young guys who have the basic football skill of hitting a target.

Skills include converting and creating opportunities when you are on top...You have seen plenty of football, how many of us knew after the 1st quarter we were in trouble?. We had all the play and couldnt put enough score on the board, they were always going to have their run with the ball as all teams do and they punished us in the 2nd,  game over, bit of a rally in the 3rd but once they steadied that was the game.
Intent was good in the first but we softened up in the second, stopped manning up and they kicked easy goals.....its all Walsh and Cripps onball and nothing else. They had 5 mids plus Rich in their best players, we spent all our gas and apart from Walsh who goes all day its spasmodic returns from the other mids
Williams was ordinary and like last week started well but faded and only had 20 possies again, thats not going to win games for us vs quality like Brisbane have onball...

Reply #19
Not sure that's right.    We can compete, but just as quickly we switch off.   2nd qtr was described as sole less on SEN   Another 5 goal run against for Teague and co.    Add to that a 4 goal run in the last.

Our turnovers kill us.    We turn the ball over in dangerous positions and give up easy goals on the counter.   If we aren't the worst side in the comp for conceding goals from turnovers then we are top 2.

We need to continue to give games to young guys who have the basic football skill of hitting a target.

To clarify,  we cannot compete effectively at this level due to our lack of the required levels of skill, nous or class. We can certainly look busy at times running round like headless chooks.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
More fancied teams than us lost by 97 points and 40 points. This was always going to be an honourable loss.

Honourable losses usually pile up and end up in dishonorable executions of coaches ...

Reply #21
Short memory G2C

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2020/031020200731.html#prog

or by the same logic, but different quarters...
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2020/031120200613.html#prog
I, me, moi, io, have never seen, dont care what stats say.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Honourable losses usually pile up and end up in dishonorable executions of coaches ...
games like that are coach killers no matter who the oppo is
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
I, me, moi, io, have never seen, dont care what stats say.
Its not stats, its goals and scoreboard dominance. If you click the links you'll see it and it might jog your memory

Reply #24
To clarify,  we cannot compete effectively at this level due to our lack of the required levels of skill, nous or class. We can certainly look busy at times running round like headless chooks.

That's fair

Reply #25
Apart from looking slow or our players being stationary too often, our running patters and structures look terrible for the most part compared to oppo like Brisbane, Port, etc. Especially entry in the fwd line, gee H has to bust a gut and get mauled to win it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
We are irrelevant. Clubs don't fear playing us. We are predictable and physically easy to compete with. I was in the camp that believed we were on the way up. I was wrong.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #27
We're half way through a 20 year rebuild. Have patience.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Who the hell was on Rich?  Did Teague do anything?

Reply #29
And that's why his card is marked.  No forward planning.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?