Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 10567 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game passion: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #30
What was the go with the turf? Players from both sides couldn't keep their feet.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Went to the game, gee our skill errors just kill our momentum. Just basic stuff that should be easy to execute. So I think what happens is they have to bust their guts to fix these errors and they just run out of steam. Clean precise kicking and hand balling - how many times did I see a terrible handball at the feet, just so frustrating. And before anyone says that because pressure is applied, that’s not true. They r there own worst enemies.

Reply #33
We’ve surely seen enough to know that all of the below are simply not up to it against top opposition

Newnes
Plowman
Murphy
Betts
Casboult

And, when you add to that list a whole host of players that aren’t doing enough (Cripps, McGovern, Williams, Docherty etc).., it’s hard not to feel sorry for Teague

Also consider we’ve played near full lists of Collingwood, Port, Bris and Rich

Time to invest in Dow, Honey and co and put the blokes above out to pasture

Reply #34
Another game lost because of midfield dominance in one 20 min burst. The first half of the second quarter where we were absolutely slaughtered around the ball and they pilled on 5 goals. Game over.

All the better teams have min of 5-6 genuine midfielders that run hard and have good foot skills.  We only have Walsh, Williams and today Cunningham who I thought did well in his role today. He has the breakaway speed we desperately need. Cripps is still a great inside mid but he looks spent come late in every quarter and is a liability on the outside and defensively.  Walsh on the other hand is a star that could be AA in his 3rd year.

We lack run and spread especially late in games and are unable to pull back any sort of deficient - if we fall more then a few goals we look gone.

I would play Cunningham every week in the guts. He has the smarts skills and leg speed.
I no longer have the same faith in Kennedy, Dow, Setterfield or LOB making it.

While we have other holes on the list, the midfield is the one that costs us the most come game day.
We will remain a bottom 4 team until we get 2-3 genuine mids that can run and spread and use the ball.
I’ve said this since year 3 of the rebuild. It’s as simple as that.

Reply #35
Also goal of the year should be one of the very rare set shot right in front of goal 30m out! So tired of seeing miracle Goals but gimmes right in front are impossible to come by.

Reply #36
Also goal of the year should be one of the very rare set shot right in front of goal 30m out! So tired of seeing miracle Goals but gimmes right in front are impossible to come by.
I liked Stockers goal... Shame it was a point for Brisbane..

Reply #38
Blah blah blah. 

We lost by 18 points.   Its roughly what I expected.  A bit of good mixed with some bad, some passengers etc.

Next week vs essendon is the game that counts.  Lose that one and thats when the heat will really come on Teague. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #39
Yet to see why we paid 800 K for five years for Williams. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
He seems to start ok but then fade out and also seems capped around that 20 possession mark which isnt enough.
Is he fit? or is the transition from half back to midfield a bit hard endurance wise.
He needs to lift or the club will cop plenty as more scribes analyse the list..

Reply #44

Agree but I think he will get better as the year goes on. Thing is he made his name as a running back but we paid for the ‘hope he could be one a a grade mid’ cause he shown it in one final.

Was always risky to pay for a premium for something unproven but as the cupboard is bare in that area we were forced to make a desperate play.