Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 1201 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Voting is as usual: you have 15 votes to award pretty much as you will, with the following provisos:
[1] 15 votes in total, no more, no less.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player (even Cripps)
[3] Three players at least must get a mention.
[4] A grade for the game, A+ (what I want to see) to F-.

I really want to see an A+ performance this week!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
Team - E
Walsh - 5
McKay - 4
Jones - 3
Weitering - 2
Curnow - 1

Reply #2
Team E:
8: Walsh
3:Mckay
3:Pittonet
1:Curnow

Reply #3
Team D.

5.Walsh
4.Curnow
4. McKay
2. Jones
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #4
Team D
Walsh 6
McKay 3
Curnow 3
Jones 3

Reply #5
Team - D

5 - Walsh
4 - McKay
3 - Jones (BoG 2nd half)
2 - Weitering
1 - Curnow
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Team D-

6 - Walsh

4 - McKay

2 - Cripps

2 - Curnow

1 - Jones (would have been more but for his first half)

HM: Weitering.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Team D

6 - Walsh
4 - McKay
2 - Cripps
2 - Curnow
1 - Jones

Reply #8
Team D

4. Walsh
4. Curnow
3. McKay
3. Jones
1. Weitering

Reply #9
Team D-
7 walsh
5 Mckay
2 Cripps
1 Weitering

Reply #10
Team D

5 Walsh
4 McKay
3 Curnow
2 Jones
1 Cripps

HM to Plowman and Weitering.

Ed Curnow is a Walsh enabler.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
Team :  Quarters 1, 3 and 4 : B   Quarter 2 : Z

Walsh 6
McKay 4
Jones 3
Curnow 2
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #12
Team C

6 Walsh
6 McKay
2 Jones
1 Weitering

Reply #13
Team C-

5:  Walsh
4:  McKay
3: E.Curnow
2:  Jones
1:  Cripps

HM’s. Murf, Weiters and Doc

Reply #14
Another late week for me. I'll be back to normal next time. I guess it gave me time to think about the game a bit more, rather than being so driven by my emotions. And they were running high.

Team:   C
I find it difficult to mark this one down, as we were the better side and outscored Brisbane in 3 of the 4 quarters. Alas, for that 20-minute period in the 2nd when things didn’t work.
The other thing was that we never gave up. We stuck around and kept the pressure on. There was a lot to like, especially with our injury list. The scribes out there appear to discount our injuries: Richmond, with maybe 3 players out are crippled, we, with 8 first line players unavailable, are nothing.

Votes:
[3.5]   Sam Walsh
[2.5]   Harry McKay
[2]   Ed Curnow
[1.5]   Liam Jones
[1.5]   Patrick Cripps
[1]   Jacob Weitering
[1]   Marc Murphy
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[0.5]   Sam Docherty
[0.5]   Marc Pittonet
[0.5]   David Cuningham

Explanations:
[3.5]   Sam Walsh:   best player on the ground by some margin. Walsh dominated and really kept us in the game.
[2.5]   Harry McKay:   H had a great game and put a top defender, Harris Andrews, totally to the sword.
[2]   Ed Curnow:   Ed is doing a lot of really good work in the middle for us. Another strong effort.
[1.5]   Liam Jones:   Ruled his position all game and became more dominant as the game went on.
[1.5]   Patrick Cripps:   Not his best game, but he busted a gut to get the ball going our way. On the way back.
[1]   Jacob Weitering:   Dominated his position all game.
[1]   Marc Murphy:   Murph appears to be getting more used to his role. He still isn’t getting 30+ possessions, but he is doing his job nicely.
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   For a guy with good disposal, SPS misses a lot of targets and gets picked off too often for me. For all that, he beat his opponents and did a very positive job.
[0.5]   Sam Docherty:   Doc’s disposal has been very ordinary this year. And so it continued on Saturday. However, his courage and his commitment were on show.
[0.5]   Marc Pittonet:   Probably beaten in the ruck, but he worked like a Trojan and even got a few possessions around the ground.
[0.5]   David Cuningham:   Was particularly good in two patches, one early and one late. Missing in between. But when Cunners gets the ball good things happen. He just needs to get it more!

Honourable Mentions:

Adam Saad:   I was happy with Saad’s endeavour. But he had to do a much more defensive job that he would prefer, which robbed us of some drive.
Zac Williams:   Williams got the ball 20 times, which was good. However, he is still learning about his teammates and it really showed. His disposals rarely hit targets and he didn’t move the ball on quickly: he was still trying to work out where his teammates were. There was promise there, but a lot of improvement is necessary yet. I’d be tempted to play him as a tagging mid until he really got the feel of things. He also has to realize that, although he isn’t slow, he isn’t express either. Quick decisions he needs to make!
Mitch McGovern:   This may also draw the ire of the some of this site, but I was reasonably impressed by McGovern. His head seemed to be in the right place and his endeavour was also what I wanted to see. He didn’t get enough of the ball, but he wasn’t running under the ball as much. Still has a long way to go, but I saw a guy out there who wanted to be there.
Live Long and Prosper!