Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats (Read 18047 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats

Reply #30
For some reason we seem to like playing the Dogs. They'd have to be due to go bad...lol.
True, maybe we cop them on their off night with some injuries, like to see Treloar and Naughton out...

Reply #33
I thought Phillips and 2 Meter Peter played well. You'd think one or both of them would spend time on Harry.

Phillips would be handy for us at the moment.

Reply #34
I hope you blokes that think next week will be a walk in the park are right. Bombers don't look bad at all, certainly by our standards. 
They did play well and its interesting how they have gone some big positional changes ie Laverde at Full Back and Parish into the middle along with a rotating Stringer. Two metre Peter also looks a handy pickup, strong mark and very accurate kick, I can remember your good self saying you thought he might be a good buy at the time.
Saying all that its Essendon and like us they can go from Chocolates to Boiled lollies real quick , bit of a test for Cripps this week
with Langford who has been a nemesis in recent games but Im still confident we have more talent on the park and can get the job done and have a handy win. In the middle and down forward I think is where we win the game, their backline is undersized without Hurley and Hooker and players like Parish wont be getting 42 easy possies like today..

Reply #35
They did play well and its interesting how they have gone some big positional changes ie Laverde at Full Back and Parish into the middle along with a rotating Stringer. Two metre Peter also looks a handy pickup, strong mark and very accurate kick, I can remember your good self saying you thought he might be a good buy at the time.
Saying all that its Essendon and like us they can go from Chocolates to Boiled lollies real quick , bit of a test for Cripps this week
with Langford who has been a nemesis in recent games but Im still confident we have more talent on the park and can get the job done and have a handy win. In the middle and down forward I think is where we win the game, their backline is undersized without Hurley and Hooker and players like Parish wont be getting 42 easy possies like today..

I hope you're right Elwood. I think we should just win by a goal or two, but I don't say that with any great confidence.

Reply #36
I hope you're right Elwood. I think we should just win by a goal or two, but I don't say that with any great confidence.

We thrashed them by a point last year due to a Liam Jones falcon saving the day....lol.

Reply #37
This week I want to see midfielders play in the midfield, defenders playing in defence, not the other way around.

Reply #38
Your making me nervous Paul... :) I am relying on the law of averages, the every dog has its day theory ,plus its Essendon and we might get more intensity from the players for a longer period in this game.

Reply #39
This game against the cheats is a game we should win without a doubt. Hence the law of averages that we have experienced in the past, a win for us should be dismissed immediately. I hate the cheats and actually supported the Pies today. How sick am I. Backing the filth. Not enough alcohol will get me through round 7. Please don’t go 2 from 7 this next round boys. Teague can’t continue to promote what we are trying to build. Eventually minimal results will cost him. We lose this game and you can forget finals footy. The math just won’t stack up. The next 4 games will kill our seasons progress. Let’s just forget honourable losses and pull the trigger.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
It’s your bottom 5 or so that count as they tend to make critical mistakes under pressure and our bottom 5 is way off the pace at the moment. As unfair as this may seem, I think that we can now confidently say that if all of Newnes, Plowman, Murphy, Betts, Casboult play we’re a very good chance to lose.  We can probably afford 2-3 of that group at most.

Reply #41
It’s your bottom 5 or so that count as they tend to make critical mistakes under pressure and our bottom 5 is way off the pace at the moment. As unfair as this may seem, I think that we can now confidently say that if all of Newnes, Plowman, Murphy, Betts, Casboult play we’re a very good chance to lose.  We can probably afford 2-3 of that group at most.

Murphy isn't in our bottom 5.

Thats why we don't win.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #42
Dunno,  watching the games he doesn't seem to scare the defenders with his manic pressure acts and tackling.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
It's not just what Murphy is doing it's what his man is doing too, we have too many players getting plaudits for supposed good games because they got a few touches but then when you look at what their opponent has done it's a different story and that's nots just confined to Murphy that goes all the way up to the chain to players like Cripps.
We would have to be the worst team at manning the opposition up and having players standing around guarding fresh air.

Reply #44
sMurph is doing OK as a SF, for every goal he kicks he'd have a hand in another at the moment.

We just do not have enough good and creative ball users to chop guys like sMurph and Betts, our real problem might be how we can get the most out of them in the twilight of their career, at least until we get some genuine replacements.
The Force Awakens!