Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Prognostications!: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs Drug Cheat (Read 10734 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Prognostications!: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs Drug Cheat

The after match thread. Enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Prognostications!: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs Drug Cheat

Reply #1
Phew! We should be called the ‘Brinks’. This  team continually takes us to the brink. Imagine if we had lost today - 16th instead of 11th.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #2
Good to see a win. We can’t be left in the bottom 4. It will show little to almost no improvement. Had me worried in the last 4 mins.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Great win against a side in top form with 5-6 of our best 22 out

Walsh, Weitering, Saad, McKay, Owies (fantastic debut & what a saving tackle), Fogarty and even old Eddie Betts (I didn’t see that coming) were great

Our much maligned  recruits also didn’t look too bad! Dow started very well,  SPS showed why he should he played through the middle, Cunningham was electric and Stocker battled hard out of position.

Carried Cripps for most of the day, but it was nice too see him kick one on the run at the end.

On the negatives, Newnes, Casboult continue to struggle, McGovern’s journey has gone from bad to worse, but hopefully the cavalry is arriving with TDK, Silvagni, Martin & Williams expected to resume soon.

Nice to beat the bombers, go blues!

Reply #4
Great result. Even when time looked to be the scums enemy I wasn't confident at all. Want to review the game before giving my thoughts but I will say one thing. I think everyone would agree on this website that Sam Walsh is capable of winning a Brownlow one day, but let me ask you this. Will he win it this year? Just a superman performance again. The clear difference between winning and losing.

Reply #5
I will take that win. What I liked was the lesser lights had some impact and kept us in the game when we were struggling.

Still have a lot of outs and McGovern injury is the only low light imo. Can Walsh get any better. He is an out and out star who must be AA to this point.

Everyone knows I rate Cunningham highly and I hope supporters can now see why.  He is calm in traffic, smart user and a reliable around goal and has outside run we lacked. He will be one of our starting midfielders imo for the next 10 years and I just hope he had string a solid season without injuries.

Reply #6
How much pressure gets released when a guy like Owies comes in and kicks straight?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Great win against a more talented side according to the channel 7 commentary team.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
Harry equal leader of the Coleman.

Reply #9
A win vs Essendon with Sheedy in the crowd is always pleasing....thought Cuningham was good vs his favourite opposition team and Saad was again in our best vs his old mob.
 Walsh was BOG and seems to get better very game if thats possible and Weitering held the backline together...
McGovern didnt get a lot of ball but did chase with intent, laid some good tackles and was unlucky to get injured again, one of his better games IMO and with Betts and Owies sniffing some ball he looked a better player and more team focussed.
He also stood up when that scuffle broke out and I like players who get in and fly the flag.
While the Bulldogs look a hard mountain to climb next game we can enjoy this win and rejoice in a Bomber loss.....

Reply #10
Fogarty, Betts and Owies all did their bit.

Cuners, Stocker and Parks - all good - and will get better.

Put Williams, Martin, Fisher in the 22 - adds a lot of class and polish. A hell of a lot.

JSOS in for Guv if the latter has a done a hammy.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
Plowman is a worry, opposition playing through his man a lot and they're kicking a heap of goals on him. Panicking badly when caught one on one.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
I like Parks does his job in the air and was deceptively fast with his tackle of tippa , it was right in front of me at the game and he read the play to create the opportunity to tackle and then  nailed it. More impressive than anything I’ve seen Williamson do lately.

Reply #13
Great win against a more talented side according to the channel 7 commentary team.

Apparently their u23s are better than ours.   FFS - Weitering, Harry and Walsh could all be All Australian this year!!

Reply #14
Good to get the win, but the numbers are a worry. We just took our opportunities more than they did.