Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Prognostications!: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs Drug Cheat (Read 10807 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Prognostications!: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs Drug Cheat

Reply #105
Cornes throws out a headline grabbing statement virtually every day in the hope that one of them comes to fruition so he can look smart. Walsh was an obvious No.1 draft pick for pretty good reasons and has done everything to support the decision to pick him....probably more. Rozee is a good player no doubt but probably helped him that he's been playing in a top 4 side. Walsh has been playing in a bottom 6 side and is still in the best player list virtually every week and has been from game 1.
Walsh is our No 1 mid and has surpassed Cripps IMHO and there is daylight between Walsh and Rozee......
Dont know when the contract for Walsh expires but that extra for Cripps probably needs to be going to Walsh....

Reply #106
Walsh is our No 1 mid and has surpassed Cripps IMHO and there is daylight between Walsh and Rozee......
Dont know when the contract for Walsh expires but that extra for Cripps probably needs to be going to Walsh....

End of 2022.

Reply #107
Heard / saw his pre game interview prior to the ESS match.

He could go captain tomorrow afaic.  We have unearthed an out and out champion.

Reply #108
End of 2022.

We should extend him now. He might be the league MVP by the end of 2022.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #109

Yes, fair point. Plenty of clubs will come sniffing around with crazy deals if we don't lock him away soon.

Reply #110
Right now he is giving the Brownlow a fair old nudge.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #111
Right now he is giving the Brownlow a fair old nudge.
Not sure I'd agree with the media assessment, he's not polled heavily so far in his career, his game style doesn't suit and the Brownlow often goes to run and carry types that get noticed in the clear! In 2019 he won the Rising Star and only polled 6 votes, he probably had an even better year last year and only got 8 votes!

Oddly, I won't be surprised to find Cripps out polls him, the umpires see under their nose the win of the contested footy and the break away, but the shizen DE% or missed set shots that irks fans and media don't really matter to the umpires.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #112
Cripps, for whatever reason, is a shadow of his former self.

Perhaps personal stuff, or the Captaincy is burdensome, who knows but what a fall....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #114
I see Kane Cornes has taken back his words on Walshy on FC:

"I think I was particularly hard on Sam Walsh. I said he is not a match winner, In hindsight I would use my words differently. He has been so impressive this year and I've got a lot of respect for him. I regret how hard I went on a young kid, and I would take that one back."

Dear Kane.

Thankyou for acknowledging your persistent errors of judgment, and the ill effects of your big mouth. No need to apologise though, because personally, I take all of your words with a grain of salt and splash of vinegar.

😂
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #115
End of 2022.

Thanks Paul.....that makes it a bit more urgent to sign him, I dont know our money position but
I dont think we should be offering mega bucks to Cripps or anyone else until we have Walsh locked away for a long contract.

Reply #116
Dear Kane.

Thankyou for acknowledging your persistent errors of judgment, and the ill effects of your big mouth. No need to apologise though, because personally, I take all of your words with a grain of salt and splash of vinegar.

😂

All it takes is watching some of his media work, absent all other information, to realise he could only have been a tagger in his playing days, and a very good one at that. His ability to irritate the cr@p out of people is elite, a level that can only be attained through years of practice and refinement.

Reply #117
All it takes is watching some of his media work, absent all other information, to realise he could only have been a tagger in his playing days, and a very good one at that. His ability to irritate the cr@p out of people is elite, a level that can only be attained through years of practice and refinement.

I like Kane.
He's a funny bloke.
An absolute clown ;D

He does it on purpose.
Makes these outrageous claims....Carlton and Adelaide are his prime targets.
One of our blokes must have got to him at some stage.
I think he enjoys the outrage, even when other commentators tell him he's being ridiculous.
You can see the smug half-smile as he says things.

I actually do enjoy the shows he's on just to see what gem he comes up with next.
Don't get upset with him.... laugh along, or ignore him.

Reply #118
Not sure I'd agree with the media assessment, he's not polled heavily so far in his career, his game style doesn't suit and the Brownlow often goes to run and carry types that get noticed in the clear! In 2019 he won the Rising Star and only polled 6 votes, he probably had an even better year last year and only got 8 votes!

Oddly, I won't be surprised to find Cripps out polls him ...
Tend to agree. He’s so unobtrusive. Doesn’t remonstrate, doesn’t argue, doesn’t overcelebrate, hasn’t dyed his hair.

Just.plays.brilliant.footy.

Mind you, he’s got more of a chance now than if he’d played a few years ago.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #119
How good is a win?
Made sure my boy watched the replay and he has been replaying the Carlton moves through the house for the last 2 days.
You'd wonder that we did win if you listened to a few fans around the traps.

Well done to the boys. If you cant see obvious improvements this year, you're not looking hard enough, or merely looking for the negatives.