Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 5891 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Well, Richmond showed how it should be done. Can we do the same as they did? Somehow I doubt it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #1
No chance.

Reply #2
No chance.
Tend to agree, they will be dirty on losing to the Tigers and will hit back hard, we might also cop the wonder child in his first game too. As Jim says we often perform ok vs the Dogs but this time I'm finding it hard to be positive.

Reply #3
Tend to agree, they will be dirty on losing to the Tigers and will hit back hard, we might also cop the wonder child in his first game too. As Jim says we often perform ok vs the Dogs but this time I'm finding it hard to be positive.

Having English back will cause us headaches.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Having English back will cause us headaches.
Agree...three big marking targets with English back in plus the double team ruck vs Pittonet doesnt read well. Thought Martin struggled vs the robust Nankervis last night but with his younger under study back will be better this week.
Maybe the physical nature of the game last night might have wounded a few more Doggie soldiers which might help us....

Reply #5
Our bunnies...lol. Some sides just do well against others.

Normally I'd say I'd tell you after tomorrow but that doesn't mean alot at Carlton.

Reply #6
Agree...three big marking targets with English back in plus the double team ruck vs Pittonet doesnt read well. Thought Martin struggled vs the robust Nankervis last night but with his younger under study back will be better this week.
Maybe the physical nature of the game last night might have wounded a few more Doggie soldiers which might help us....

Ugle-Hagan won’t be making his debut if his form against the Bullants is any guide.

I know you’ve said it before but getting Stef Martin to the Bulldogs was masterful list management that should really help English develop.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Ugle-Hagan won’t be making his debut if his form against the Bullants is any guide.

I know you’ve said it before but getting Stef Martin to the Bulldogs was masterful list management that should really help English develop.
 Ugle-Hagan getting a game would be like signing BigH on a $1M contract, a tad premature! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8

Yes, the last three games in reverse chronological order -

R6 2020 : won by 52 points
R13 2019 : lost by 3 points
R5 2019 : won by 44 points

It looks good on paper, but it feels very different this year. Bulldogs have definitely gone up a level or two.

Reply #9
Would love to see Williams, SPS, Dekoning and Silvagni in for Newnes, McGovern, Casboult and Gibbo.

Won’t happen but would like to see it - make Murphy earn  recall and retain Dow.

Reply #10
In a tiny spot at the back of the WBs minds, there is LWL. Whilst we are inconsistent, our best can challenge anyone. Four qtrs of hard honest football and we are definitely a chance. Anything less and they will wipe the grass with us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Rumours circulating Levi is an out.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Would love to see Williams, SPS, Dekoning and Silvagni in for Newnes, McGovern, Casboult and Gibbo.

Won’t happen but would like to see it - make Murphy earn  recall and retain Dow.
Surely they won't bring Murphy back immediately...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006