Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 5869 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #17
I think we play both Pittonet and De Koning, if English plays.  Pittonet against Martín and De Koning to play the same roll as English and go on the ball when he does. Drop Casboult. No matter what we can’t have De  Koning as the one and only based on only 1 return game. We need to ease him into it even at AFL level. 

SOS for Gov (they are both 191 cm), Murphy for Gibbons (Murphy better disposal and hits the scoreboard)  Williams in for Newnes (medical sub)  SPS in for Cottrell.

Gee 5 changes!!! But I think we are better.

Reply #18
I think we play both Pittonet and De Koning, if English plays.  Pittonet against Martín and De Koning to play the same roll as English and go on the ball when he does. Drop Casboult. No matter what we can’t have De  Koning as the one and only based on only 1 return game. We need to ease him into it even at AFL level. 

SOS for Gov (they are both 191 cm), Murphy for Gibbons (Murphy better disposal and hits the scoreboard)  Williams in for Newnes (medical sub)  SPS in for Cottrell.

I'm tempted to keep Casboult in if fit to play down  back if required...Dogs often rest English forward and along with Naughton and Bruce thats one too many talls for us to handle. Parks couldnt handle the Ess kid Jones who was just too tall and I'd like the option of using Casboult at both ends and having him on the bench.
Happy to play TDK and Jack, have to remember the Dogs bat deep in the midfield and you cant have players who wont man up and chase vs this mob. Murphy and SPS both worry me in that regard, Williams in for sure but I'd be inclined to keep SPS as the medical sub. This is one game where defensively everyone has to play their part....cant have Cripps man running wild if its going to be the Bont, McCrae, Smith etc and Curnow cant cover every quality they have mid .I think Cottrell plays this week and I'd stick him on Hunter who has been burning it up. Fogarty to play a negative role on Daniel and stop his rebound..

Reply #19
I'm tempted to keep Casboult in if fit to play down down back if required...Dogs often rest English forward and along with Naughton and Bruce thats one too many talls for us to handle. Parks couldnt handle the Ess kid Jones who was just too tall and I'd like the option of using Casboult at both ends and having him on the bench.
Happy to play TDK and Jack, have to remember the Dogs bat deep in the midfield and you cant have players who wont man up and chase vs this mob. Murphy and SPS both worry me in that regard, Williams in for sure but I'd be inclined to keep SPS as the medical sub. This is one game where defensively everyone has to play their part....cant have Cripps man running wild if its going to be the Bont, McCrae, Smith etc and Curnow cant cover every quality they have mid .I think Cottrell plays this week and I'd stick him on Hunter who has been burning it up. Fogarty to play a negative role on Daniel and stop his rebound..

English still doesn't look like playing.

Reply #20
I wish this was at the MCG.
Something tells me they wont bring TDK in this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
I wish this was at the MCG.
Something tells me they wont bring TDK in this week.
If they don't Casboult gets yet another life line which he doesn't deserve.

Reply #22

JSOS a lazy 194cm these days.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/players/766/jack-silvagni
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23
Only surer bet would be having a punt on" Winx"....

Reportedly only jogging laps today.

Won't play.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
JSOS a lazy 194cm these days.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/players/766/jack-silvagni
Ill give Gov this though, he probably has a better leap than Jack.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #25
Ill give Gov this though, he probably has a better leap than Jack.

No question.

I  was being literal.

May both thrive and have great careers in the Navy Blue.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
Think Ferris Bueller...

Reply #28
I think it's Liam Jones 150th ? If so, what a great journey.

Best of luck Liam.