Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Angst: AFL 2021 Rd 9: Carlton vs. Melbourne (Read 4523 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Angst: AFL 2021 Rd 9: Carlton vs. Melbourne

Reply #30
Harry injured but STILL contesting. Great stuff

Reply #31
KE 53% 😶 words fail me
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #32
Well done, H... playing through the pain...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Murphy weak as piss
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Another red time goal. What was Pitt thinking

Reply #35
I heard Hardwick say after last nights game. "We are a systems team".
Can someone tell me what our system is? What is it when going into the forward line? We score  goals by fluke, not by any planned systematic entry.

Early prediction. We are going to ultimately get smashed, after having put up a reasonable effort which iswhat we do well. We don't win, we just put up a reasonable effort.

We lack skills, we lack guts. Owies is a prime example. Owies should have picked the ball up in the goal square. But he was worried about getting hit. So looked up at what was coming, not the ball. Will never make it with that attitude. 

Look, I could go on, but just like this season, it's a waste of time.
We have team full of spuds. Plowman, Casboult, Gibbons,Murphy done, you don't make finals with blokes like them in your team let alone win a flag. Fogarty can't kick more than 40 metres. Parkes is young and tries hard. Will he make it? Will Cottrell?

Walsh, Cripps if he's fit and stays, Mackay, Charlie Curnow if he can get right, Stocker, TDK and one or two others, are the nucleus of a team.
So, what should we do? We sack every coach, and I mean every coach. We get a whole new set in. We get a Ross Lyon, who has learnt more out of the game than in it,  or Clarkson who is done at Hawthorn and needs a new challenge.

Our other problem is that we can't get big name players because we are at 105% of our salary cap.
Whoever we get is going to find things hard because I reckon with our list we are still a couple of years away.

In the meantime, Teague will utter the usual platitudes, and say " we have to get better".

And he's right, but it aint going to happen under him.

Reply #36
Owies limping now.

Reply #37
I’m going to spec savers in the morning.

I thought I just saw Pitt tap the ball to Cripps at a centre bounce.

Reply #38
I heard Hardwick say after last nights game. "We are a systems team".
Can someone tell me what our system is? What is it when going into the forward line? We score  goals by fluke, not by any planned systematic entry.

Early prediction. We are going to ultimately get smashed, after having put up a reasonable effort which iswhat we do well. We don't win, we just put up a reasonable effort.

We lack skills, we lack guts. Owies is a prime example. Owies should have picked the ball up in the goal square. But he was worried about getting hit. So looked up at what was coming, not the ball. Will never make it with that attitude. 

Look, I could go on, but just like this season, it's a waste of time.
We have team full of spuds. Plowman, Casboult, Gibbons,Murphy done, you don't make finals with blokes like them in your team let alone win a flag. Fogarty can't kick more than 40 metres. Parkes is young and tries hard. Will he make it? Will Cottrell?

Walsh, Cripps if he's fit and stays, Mackay, Charlie Curnow if he can get right, Stocker, TDK and one or two others, are the nucleus of a team.
So, what should we do? We sack every coach, and I mean every coach. We get a whole new set in. We get a Ross Lyon, who has learnt more out of the game than in it,  or Clarkson who is done at Hawthorn and needs a new challenge.

Our other problem is that we can't get big name players because we are at 105% of our salary cap.
Whoever we get is going to find things hard because I reckon with our list we are still a couple of years away.

In the meantime, Teague will utter the usual platitudes, and say " we have to get better".

And he's right, but it aint going to happen under him.

Someones going to look silly if we somehow come back and win this from here.  :o  ;)

Reply #40
There's no doubting our endeavour.

I suspect the D's were being a little arrogant/finessing/undisciplined and likely to cop a rocket at half time.

But, we've hung in there... and that's something. Liked Stocker's goal but he's gotta clean up on his field kicking.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Someones going to look silly if we somehow come back and win this from here.  :o  ;)

I volunteer for that if we can get the win! 🤪
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #42
7 Injury update was enlightening. Cunningham did his knee and H has hurt his shoulder. Thanks 7

Reply #44
7 Injury update was enlightening. Cunningham did his knee and H has hurt his shoulder. Thanks 7
They didn't pick up on Owies limping after he was gang tackled in the last minute. Helpful.