Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 11775 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #165
Martin will be on less than 400k for the next 3 seasons as the contract was front loaded to pay him 2 million for his first 2 years.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #166
Martin will be on less than 400k for the next 3 seasons as the contract was front loaded to pay him 2 million for his first 2 years.
I have read that Martin was in the top 5 paid players in 2020
Ignore COVID-19 and he would have got a million
The next 4 years starting from 2021 it’s 600000 a season
Not bad for a cameo soft injury prone lazy guy who can’t play midfield
Saad actually is on 650000
Face it the club has shot itself in the foot once again

Reply #167
His salary was reported as an average of 600k over 5 years that was to be front loaded.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #168
His salary was reported as an average of 600k over 5 years that was to be front loaded.
Definitely front loaded so they could fit Saad and Williams into calculations
But I think it’s more than 400000
The problem is McKay for next year
That’s why free agency  can bite you on the arse
Of course Carlton should know this🤪

Reply #169
I have read that Martin was in the top 5 paid players in 2020
Ignore COVID-19 and he would have got a million
The next 4 years starting from 2021 it’s 600000 a season
Not bad for a cameo soft injury prone lazy guy who can’t play midfield
Saad actually is on 650000
Face it the club has shot itself in the foot once again

If you think Martin's soft (or lazy) you really are clueless.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #170
If you think Martin's soft (or lazy) you really are clueless.

You see the perception is this guy is a gun
Can you tell me his individual achievements
This is his 9 th season
In 8 and a half seasons he has finished 3 rd in a GC B+F and was a rising star in 2014
That’s it
Can you tell me a game last year where he went into  the midfield and made a sustained difference
Give me a specific game
I’ll give you a specific game
Against Brisbane second quarter last game of the year CHB pulled out of a contest
This after hardly touching it in a game where a top team was heating it up not to mention Simmos last game a guy of similar size who never pulled out of a contest in over 300 games given by recollection of events

Reply #171
Speaking about shirking the contest no one wants to talk about Parks' auskick moment on Sunday?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #172
Just on Casboult, this post is a from his insta account, in an industry that's so money driven, there aren't many players who love their club like the big fella does.

These moments right here are what really matters. My proudest moment so far in the 12 years I’ve been playing for the club I followed as a child. Walking through the banner with my 3 children and having my wife, family and friends all supporting me on Sunday night is a moment I’ll never forget. I’m so grateful for my team mates, coaches, staff, family, friends, supporters, children and wife for the messages, calls and support over the weekend and always. I’ll never stop loving playing for the best club in the comp. Looking forward to getting fitter, stronger and at my best for the rest of the season. Go blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #173
I'm with Keogh on Martin.... On big coin,  often injured and gives us teases only.   Lit it up in his first game,  then glimpses only.
  Another inconsistent player,  the last thing we need.

Can't wait for his supporters to come on and crap all over this but he's another "mercurial type" that has delivered F-all when it's bankable,  meat and three veg consistency we desperately need.  Seriously undelivered.

Then we've got a bloke on one leg,  getting a pittance,  yet he drags his body out there even through he knows he can hardly contribute but there's nobody else.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #174
Great post GTC....hasn't been a lotta love for Levi this year but I still think we need him out there at the moment. No other tall forwards and he can still take a mark and kick a goal as he did on the weekend. No other backup ruckman either until TDK comes back and even then, we still need another marking forward. Watching the game on the weekend and realising we're bereft of talls....yes, injuries haven't helped, but that there is some diabolical recruiting and list management.

Reply #175
Just on Casboult, this post is a from his insta account, in an industry that's so money driven, there aren't many players who love their club like the big fella does.

These moments right here are what really matters. My proudest moment so far in the 12 years I’ve been playing for the club I followed as a child. Walking through the banner with my 3 children and having my wife, family and friends all supporting me on Sunday night is a moment I’ll never forget. I’m so grateful for my team mates, coaches, staff, family, friends, supporters, children and wife for the messages, calls and support over the weekend and always. I’ll never stop loving playing for the best club in the comp. Looking forward to getting fitter, stronger and at my best for the rest of the season. Go blues

A few years back, his wife made an even more impressionable tweet about how the vitriol that gets aimed at him on social media means that she would never want her kids playing footy.

Even so, Levi fronts up each and every week, and does his best (albeit we would love him to be better).

Toughness comes in a variety of forms.  The Carlton football club is the toughest gig in football because we think we are better than we are, and then under value what we have.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #176
Spot on Thry....had a discussion with a Carlton mate a couple of years ago and he was suggesting we trade Casboult out....my point was he's worth way more to us that what we'd actually get in a trade anyway so keep him. I remember he played back a few years ago when Jones went down and missed games and did a serviceable job.

Reply #177
Results from the past two weeks

Round 9
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton
Played at WB's Preferred Ground
107 to 91  WB's by 16 points
"Carlton are crap"

Round 10
Port Power vs Western Bullies
Player at Power's Cauldron
 77 to 96  WB by 19 points
"Western Bullies are a bloody good side."

Just sayin'.

Reply #178
Levi Casboult has got everything out of his body in terms of contributing to the club
You cannot knock his efforts

Reply #179
Levi Casboult has got everything out of his body in terms of contributing to the club
You cannot knock his efforts
Just shows, if you have the desire you can improve, you can change!

I had to laugh at the weekend, BT talked up Meat's kicking for goal improvement, but in an earlier broadcast this year BT can be heard goading the Carlton fans as Meat lined up for a shot 20m out!
The Force Awakens!