Skip to main content
Topic: Teague - Selecting Battlers over talent. (Read 4577 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Teague - Selecting Battlers over talent.

Reply #30
Just meddle in the deal to block their progress, like they did with Papley!

Good for the goose ... it'd be worth it to screw them to the wall

Reply #31
It was reported in the media here on the weekend that WA clubs were keeping an eye on SPS and Zac Fisher....would you consider bundling them up to Freo in swap for Cerra and a pick/picks?

Reply #32
It was reported in the media here on the weekend that WA clubs were keeping an eye on SPS and Zac Fisher....would you consider bundling them up to Freo in swap for Cerra and a pick/picks?

Yes.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33
Essendon have offered Cerra more than Freo is the rumour and are going to short change Stringer to get him ....

Reply #34
Not sure SPS and Fisher would have much currency to be honest......both would be second rounders at best.

Reply #35
Not sure SPS and Fisher would have much currency to be honest......both would be second rounders at best.

Fisher would be worth more to us, then at the trade table. Good mates with Cripps, who is staying.

SPS is good enough and has enough potential to get other teams interested, Throw in a 2nd rounder to get Cerra over.
OR
SPS + our first, for 2nd + Cerra

Reply #36
Fisher would be worth more to us, then at the trade table. Good mates with Cripps, who is staying.

SPS is good enough and has enough potential to get other teams interested, Throw in a 2nd rounder to get Cerra over.
OR
SPS + our first, for 2nd + Cerra
Agree on Fisher, but I'll agree to disagree on SPS, I think he is damaged goods given he cant command a place in our best 22 anymore and I see him similar to say Lewis Jetta who was traded back to the eagles for Callum Sinclair....

Reply #37
Agree on Fisher, but I'll agree to disagree on SPS, I think he is damaged goods given he cant command a place in our best 22 anymore and I see him similar to say Lewis Jetta who was traded back to the eagles for Callum Sinclair....
re SPS....there is the 'unknown' on if he can be a mid.

Let Freo back themselves in to play there.
We have 'broken him' by playing him as a HBF.

There is enough upside for them to take a risk IMO.

Plus, SPS doesn't like the cold weather and performs better in the heat.

Reply #38
Rumour is we are having almost weekly conversations with Cerra's manager. Into him big time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
Rumour is we are having almost weekly conversations with Cerra's manager. Into him big time.

Bombers are too.

If we lose another mid to the bombers, heads should roll.

Reply #40
If we're not prepared to play SPS in the middle then trading him makes sense....we've got a plethora of "half back" players now.

Reply #41
Bombers are too.

If we lose another mid to the bombers, heads should roll.
Bomber always go crazy with money, I like Cerra but if they have offered more than Freo are meant to have offered ie 750K a year for four then you have to ask yourself is he worth it considering  some of our recent large purchases.

Reply #43
re SPS....there is the 'unknown' on if he can be a mid.

Let Freo back themselves in to play there.
We have 'broken him' by playing him as a HBF.

There is enough upside for them to take a risk IMO.

Plus, SPS doesn't like the cold weather and performs better in the heat.
Maybe if he chased, tackled and worked harder he wouldnt be so cold......what are we running a nursing home or a football club?

Reply #44

The thing is that Samo should be in our best 22, and would be if he wasn't played out of position.  Other clubs must be well aware that we have been stuffing him around and, if they're interested, it won't be to play him on the HBF.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball