Skip to main content
Topic: Teague - Selecting Battlers over talent. (Read 4585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Teague - Selecting Battlers over talent.

Reply #45
Maybe if he chased, tackled and worked harder he wouldnt be so cold......what are we running a nursing home or a football club?

Cmon mate, some players thrive in wet, cold, miserable conditions. Others love perfect conditions.

FYI, that comment was pure speculation and a point i'd be highlighted to Freo as a reason why he'd be good for them. ;)

Reply #46
Don't mind Fisher .... but he and SPS?  Yep

Reply #47
Cmon mate, some players thrive in wet, cold, miserable conditions. Others love perfect conditions.

FYI, that comment was pure speculation and a point i'd be highlighted to Freo as a reason why he'd be good for them. ;)
If we include a hot water bottle and some thermal undies for the odd cold day in Freo then that should seal the deal then.... ;)
Seriously I did know what you meant, I was just enjoying some light banter :)  and I do agree that SPS would prefer a dry track where he can keep his feet and use his undoubted skills to better effect.

Reply #48
Maybe if he chased, tackled and worked harder he wouldnt be so cold......what are we running a nursing home or a football club?

Ship him off back to the warmer WA and get the best deal we can for him. I wont lose one iota of sleep if he goes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
If we include a hot water bottle and some thermal undies for the odd cold day in Freo then that should seal the deal then.... ;)
Seriously I did know what you meant, I was just enjoying some light banter :)  and I do agree that SPS would prefer a dry track where he can keep his feet and use his undoubted skills to better effect.

Undoubted? A bit rich.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #50
Ship him off back to the warmer WA and get the best deal we can for him. I wont lose one iota of sleep if he goes.
I'm over him too and rather we deal him while he still has some value.....

Reply #51
He's in the twos for a reason.   What's he played,  a 100 games?   Surely we know by now?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #52
He's in the twos for a reason.   What's he played,  a 100 games?   Surely we know by now?
I thought i read somewhere that he has never actually played 2's football. Surely that can't be true

Reply #53
Undoubted? A bit rich.
When he is on like he was when he had 35 possies in a match he can play the game and look like a class player but its been a long while between drinks waiting for another great game like that one. We need players who have more than pretty skills on a fine day and players who dont pick and choose when to display them.
He could probably be the new Lewis Jetta on the WC list and be a similar type player IMHO.

Reply #54
I thought i read somewhere that he has never actually played 2's football. Surely that can't be true

I think that's right. He's played 20, 22, 22, 16 (short season) and 8 so far this year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #55
When he is on like he was when he had 35 possies in a match he can play the game and look like a class player but its been a long while between drinks waiting for another great game like that one. We need players who have more than pretty skills on a fine day and players who dont pick and choose when to display them.
He could probably be the new Lewis Jetta on the WC list and be a similar type player IMHO.
SPS has elite skills....when he is fit and confident.
Not sure when the last time was though.

He has a bad habit now of going short, and leaving his kicks even shorter, bouncing it to teammates.

Reply #56

Maybe its because those early games can be a bit chilly having to kick the frost off the grass....

Reply #58
SPS has elite skills....when he is fit and confident.

He has a bad habit now of going short, and leaving his kicks even shorter, bouncing it to teammates.

Too true and too conservative - turnover merchant when there is a chance to use his kicking skills to create something.