Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 10: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 5610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 10: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #75
Seen the footage. It's a dog act and Hartigan will get weeks, but the MRO is a spineless Muppet so who knows.   Did annoy me that McKay didn't really come to Walsh's aid, guess he was concerned with the ball which was only about 50 metres further afield.

Hartigan is bloody lucky it's 2021 not 1981...he wouldn't have walked off back then.
Noticed that Harry wasnt too comfortable with Hartigan all day and will need to toughen up a bit.
Was a dog act by Hartigan but when you were an average player to begin with and have slowed to a walk now, then a bit of biffo is about all he has to offer.

Reply #77
Did annoy me that McKay didn't really come to Walsh's aid,
Really disappointing that. Was embarrassed by his inaction. Think he's just a non aggressive type of guy, but he'll need to sort that out. Doesn't have to retaliate but needs to at least remonstrate.

Reply #78
Really disappointing that. Was embarrassed by his inaction. Think he's just a non aggressive type of guy, but he'll need to sort that out. Doesn't have to retaliate but needs to at least remonstrate.
Personally to me looks like he didn’t notice

Reply #79
Personally to me looks like he didn’t notice

Yes, the first thing he notices is Sam hitting the deck.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #80
I've just had a look at it.... seems to me Walsh runs behind Harry and gets clobbered.
Harry is looking upfield, there's still a game on.
Walsh ends up at his feet.
Harry probably thinks he was pushed over.
Checks on him but continues to focus on the game.

Reply #81
Doesn't sound like Harry at all

Reply #82
MRP. They are getting worse and worse

Yep. Holman gets two weeks for the perfect tackle on Duncan. If this keeps up we will be playing basketball soon as you will not be able to touch anybody without fear of been suspended.

Reply #83
Yep. Holman gets two weeks for the perfect tackle on Duncan. If this keeps up we will be playing basketball soon as you will not be able to touch anybody without fear of been suspended.
I suspect Christian in his MRP role is more interested in avoiding future liability by delivering the AFL a plausible defence than officiating the rules of the game.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #84
Just looked at all three Appeals.

Plowman eyes on the ball,  ridiculas decision, SHOULD be thrown out and Christan given 2 weeks

Holman perfect tackle on Duncan, ridiculas desision, SHOULD be thrown out, 2 more weeks for you know who,

Pickett fair enough....

Dont know quite what Chritstans agenda is. Bad weekend for him.

Reply #85
I was critical on Stocker early in the game when watching live but when you really think about its the match up that is asking a hell of a lot on a kid rather then our guy playing too loose (by the way Saad was on Bruest for his 3rd goal)
Bruest is a seasoned very smart forward, to keep him to 2 goals in your 10 game is a pass from me. Add in his offensive side to his game and he more then contributes. He is tough has a bit of pr!ck about him and has been given some very dangerous forwards to take this year, Charlie Cameron, Tippa etc.  Reckon SOS might have found one with this kid.

I would like  to see him get some time onball this week against the Swans or at worst next week  V the Eagles we have the bye th week after so the eagles game might be a good time to give Patty Cripps an extra week off to  ensure he comes back from the bye fully fit.

Reply #86
Totally agree on Plowman.....simply can't be rubbed out for that or the game is about to become touch footy!

On the win against the Hawks, for the first time in ages, I'm taking the glass half full view. Yep, it was an ugly, scrappy win against a team that's only won two games, but still positives....apart from the obvious 4 points:

Sam Walsh is absolutely unbelievable and his gut-running and second and third efforts bely someone only in their third year.
Never under-estimate the importance of JSOS to the team. No coincidence that when he's missed games this year, our work rate and pressure acts all over the ground have dropped off. He might not be a 20+ possession player but he's critical to the team IMHO.
Probably Stocker's best game for us and he looks to be getting better week by week....and loves the hard stuff too.
Similarly Owies...not a huge possession getter but he's a good set shot and seems to have given Eddie a new lease of life too.
Weitering just rock solid again....with him at one end and Harry at the other we've got two perfect young bookends.
Ed Curnow is huge and, like Walsh, doesn't stop at all. He's not as clean with the ball as some others but he's a huge bonus to have.
TDK will get better as the weeks go by and he looked to have plenty of bounce and enthusiasm to take the game on.
Was ready to smash the TV with Williams' efforts in the first half but he got better and played probably his best game.
Saad....we've missed having someone who you'd say is "elite" with ball in hand.

Just need to back it up again this week.