Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs the Box Hill (Read 5011 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs the Box Hill

Reply #15
I don't know much about the VFL lists, form line, expectations etc., but is it fair to assume that we were expected to finish lower, and Box Hill to finish higher ? They seem to be a much better team.

Reply #16
Good to see SPS named in the guts. Train him up there and we might still be able to use him in the 1's.

Hopefully but will need to improve the penetration of his kicking for one imo. Can kick well but seems to have an obsession with 15m dinks.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Nearly 10 goals down near half time. We certainly won't be getting 3 from 3 this weekend.

Reply #18
No one putting their hand up so far. Headless Chooks chasing ass.

Reply #19
That 2nd qtr is one of the worst I've seen from blokes in our colours. They ran rings around us.

Negatives: dropped marks, kick and hopes landing in opponents arms, failing to stick tackles and a real lack of footy IQ re decision making. Absolutely shallacked out of the centre... sheesh, it was like a training drill for the Dawks out of the centre - goal after goal. Gave our defenders absolutely no chance.

Disappointing players: SPS, Ramsay, Newnes, Carroll and a few of the VFL listed boys. I'm not going to mention any of the defenders because no-one could defend the ease at which the ball was coming into the Dawks forward line. Kennedy battled hard, but...

We lost Durdin before the game started with a hammy issue. And we really missed the VFL boys Radovanovic and Wooller who are both out injured.

Positives - possibly grasping at straws! Honey early, Willo, Parks (though some terrible errors), Kemp got into the tempo the further the game went and his disposal by foot was a treat, Crocker working his @rse off.

Bottom line is that it looked like a bunch of kids against men who knew how to play the game.

And our lack of height was really telling also.

Lucky to be only 10 gls down... could easily have been much more such was the ease at which the Dawks were sharing it about and kicking goals.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
...and the 3rd qtr starts with a Newnes c0ckup resulting in a Dawks goal... yep, 14th (to our 3!!!)

Reply #21
Fair to say this isn't going as planned.

Reply #22
...Ramsay c0ckup and another goal to the Dawks - they might kick 40 today. 15.8 to 3.5

I've had enough of this rubbish... time to do something more enjoyable, like sticking pins in my eyes!!!

Reply #23
One piece of positive info for everyone... our leading possession winner with 16 to the 18 minute mark of the 3rd is... Kemp! And he doesn't waste a disposal.

Reply #24
...Ramsay c0ckup and another goal to the Dawks - they might kick 40 today. 15.8 to 3.5

I've had enough of this rubbish... time to do something more enjoyable, like sticking pins in my eyes!!!

Keep a few spare. I might join you.

Reply #25

I have the Giants v Eagles on Kayo, so I can turn my attention away from the TV.

Reply #26
Positive is Kemp.....

The rest are negatives....

We need to inject some height into the list.. feel sorry for our defence and ruckman...

Reply #27
Just tuned in and wished I hadn't. Pathetic.

Reply #28
So according to the commentators - 14 unanswered goals. Clearances 34-16 at the moment.

Reply #29
Positive is Kemp.....

The rest are negatives....

We need to inject some height into the list.. feel sorry for our defence and ruckman...
Honey is going ok too.