Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 7759 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
   I heard Kemp was over the knee issues a long time back, it was some other injury which kept him out more recently.
syndesmosis injury to his left ankle

Reply #61
@Gointocarlton  I heard Kemp was over the knee issues a long time back, it was some other injury which kept him out more recently.

Syndesmosis I believe.  He had a good re-season prior to that and the Terrier would have ensured that he was right to go as far as his knee is concerned.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
@Gointocarlton  I heard Kemp was over the knee issues a long time back, it was some other injury which kept him out more recently.

Yep, it was an ankle earlier this year which kept him out.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #63
True but the knee is always the more serious one and causes initial concern when making a comeback. He looked as comfortable as all get out the way he moved. It was very pleasing to see.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
True but the knee is always the more serious one and causes initial concern when making a comeback. He looked as comfortable as all get out the way he moved. It was very pleasing to see.

Im not sure.  You see plenty do knees and come back (plenty only just come back, and then do it again).

Syndesmosis seems to render some blokes completely useless even if they do come back.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #65
Syndesmosis seems to render some blokes completely useless even if they do come back.
Lots in our family suffer ankle problems, to some it may seem trivial but it can be a plague when you play a contact sport like footy. I would suffer with a hot spot just in front of the outside ankle bone, and many also seem to get bone chips or fragments of scar tissue becoming a problem.

Kicking the footy, and other actions that require you to extend your foot can aggravate recovery, and often if there is permanent damage you end up with some pronation that leaves you susceptible to further ankle rolls.

It's a bastard as you get older because you roll your ankle so easily. Back in my day strapping was the only solution, now they operate for a better long term fix.

Coming back too soon is a real risk, for some reason the tendons and ligaments in that area seem slow to heal and regain strength.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
Ed Curnow ain’t the fastest guy going around and his disposal isn’t elite. But the interchange cap sure has given him the opportunity to showcase his endurance. I thought he was really good when fatigue slowed down a lot of players against the Hawks. But perhaps the smaller SCG isn’t ideal from that point of view.

Reply #67
Ed Curnow ain’t the fastest guy going around and his disposal isn’t elite. But the interchange cap sure has given him the opportunity to showcase his endurance. I thought he was really good when fatigue slowed down a lot of players against the Hawks. But perhaps the smaller SCG isn’t ideal from that point of view.
@Mav‍ Do you think the reduced cap plays into Walsh's hands as well?

Makes me wonder if we are using Cottrell correctly, isn't he the kid who smashed Ed's record?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Swans like it contested and then the long bomb to a one on one with Buddy in space.  I think Ed can do a job on one of their mids and the facts are that we only have Cripps, Walsh and then Ed as our frontline mids. The rest are unreliable and not be trusted in a game where its going to be stoppage after stoppage more than likely.

Reply #69
Possible a win can put us in the 8 this week. Just need us to win and 4 sides above us to lose.

Reply #70
Swans like it contested and then the long bomb to a one on one with Buddy in space.  I think Ed can do a job on one of their mids and the facts are that we only have Cripps, Walsh and then Ed as our frontline mids. The rest are unreliable and not be trusted in a game where its going to be stoppage after stoppage more than likely.

Stocker
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
@Mav‍ Do you think the reduced cap plays into Walsh's hands as well?
Yep, he’s an energiser bunny. About time the Craig Bradley types get rewarded for their stamina.

Reply #72
Stocker
I'd give him a go in the midfield as a rotation and see how he goes, he isnt quick but Sydney play a game a gamestyle
that might suit him. If Martin plays I think they will run him in the midfield too..

Reply #73
Based on the extended bench I think it has to be De Koning, Murphy, Parkes and Martín

Reply #74
Based on the extended bench I think it has to be De Koning, Murphy, Parkes and Martín
Parks doesn't deserve it after his VFL form.....not many people do TBH.

I'd have TDK, Murphy, Martin and......Casboult if fit
I'd have Newnes / Gibbons as the sub.....need bigger bodies against the swans.