Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 7447 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #90
  Reporting Murphy omitted on the CFC website.
Omitted  normally means dropped due to poor form, that's harsh, far from our worst last week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
Has sMurph stayed in Melbourne with the missus, she is due to have their 2nd any day now I believe?
He's named as an emergency
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
Haven't been a huge fan of Murphy's form this year but thought he was pretty good last week and he kicked one and set up another when things were tight in the third quarter....one of our better ball users for sure. As someone else suggested, far from our worst last week. It's a small ground at the SCG and thought Martin could easily play on a wing instead of Cottrell......although Cottrell might get a bit of a run with job on someone like Florent.

Reply #93
  Reporting Murphy omitted on the CFC website.

Although Murph has had some good qtrs his 4 qtr efforts have not been good - BUT, he's not Robinson C. in that regard. If his missus is due to have a littlun this w/e it would make sense for him to be an emergency. Now I'll stop jumping at shadows.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94
I suspect the sMurph omission is contingency in case they go into the mini-hub given his missus is due.

Hard to understand him being dropped after his efforts in the 3rd Qtr last game, the "omitted" line might be a bit of privacy concerns given the trolls that would come to play if he said he was staying or going home to his pregnant missus.

I wish them both the very best, it's a million times more important than footy!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
I suspect the sMurph omission is contingency in case they go into the mini-hub given his missus is due.

Hard to understand him being dropped after his efforts in the 3rd Qtr last game, the "omitted" line might be a bit of privacy concerns given the trolls that would come to play if he said he was staying or going home to his pregnant missus.

I wish them both the very best, it's a million times more important than footy!

There was news in February this year that Murph's wife was expecting. It was stated at the time that they weren't revealing the due date. If he has been dropped for poor form, it's a first, at least to my knowledge.

Reply #96
If Murphy has been omitted on form, what photographs does Gibbons have?  :o

Apart from Murphy's absence, I'm happier with our forward line than I have been for a while.  I think that we have set Sydney's defenders a challenge, and we have the capacity to help out our defence if necessary.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
Murphy's 3rd quarter against hawthorn was massive last week.

Id be gobsmacked if he's dropped on the back of that.  Its the pregnancy stuff IMHO.  
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #98
Geeeeeeezus. Not a huge fan of Murph, but Gibbons??! When he finally gets dropped he certainly can't complain about not getting a FEW chances. Still scratching my head.
Levi back. Yipee. :(

Reply #99
Levi has been average all year.   Lets rush him back and put him in a forward line with 3 200cm+ key forwards.

TDK and McKay got in each others way last week.   Competed for the same ball.   With time it will become less of an issue.

Murphy is one of very few that can hit a target inside 50.

Bizarre selections for mine.

Reply #100
I gave Murphy a vote last game, thought he had some handy touches, maybe he wanted out for family reasons.

Reply #101
Levi has been average all year.   Lets rush him back and put him in a forward line with 3 200cm+ key forwards.

TDK and McKay got in each others way last week.   Competed for the same ball.   With time it will become less of an issue.

Murphy is one of very few that can hit a target inside 50.

Bizarre selections for mine.

Levi has been injured all year. I don't know if he is fit now, but i think we need him simply for insurance purposes.
We have 2 key backs....with Williams as our 3rd tall??
We have 1 key forward and a ruck/forward in TDK....with....Silvagni as our 3rd tall.
We have 1 ruck in Pittonet. (with help from TDK).
If any one of them goes down, our structure is out the window.
Levi can cover any of those areas nicely.

Personally i'd station him at CHB and say don't move from there. Don't worry about an opponent, just sit there. Weiters and Jones will do the rest.

Casboult won't win us the game based on his efforts.
But his inclusion in the side could stop us from losing it if we get an injury.

Could we use him as the sub instead? Possibly.

Reply #102
Levi has been injured all year. I don't know if he is fit now, but i think we need him simply for insurance purposes.
We have 2 key backs....with Williams as our 3rd tall??
We have 1 key forward and a ruck/forward in TDK....with....Silvagni as our 3rd tall.
We have 1 ruck in Pittonet. (with help from TDK).
If any one of them goes down, our structure is out the window.
Levi can cover any of those areas nicely.

Personally i'd station him at CHB and say don't move from there. Don't worry about an opponent, just sit there. Weiters and Jones will do the rest.

Casboult won't win us the game based on his efforts.
But his inclusion in the side could stop us from losing it if we get an injury.

Could we use him as the sub instead? Possibly.

Don't typically pick guys just incase someone else gets injured.

If he plays back then I guess Weiters can play smaller.    Franklin and a resting ruckman (Sinclair/McLean) typically an ideal match up for Jones.

If Pittonet is in the ruck and Levi is played forward then it's McKay, TDK and Levi all in the forward line at times.   I don't see the need for it unless Levi is in super form.

An extra runner for mine.   This is a winnable game.   Hopefully the match committee have this one right.

Reply #103
Don't typically pick guys just incase someone else gets injured.

If he plays back then I guess Weiters can play smaller.    Franklin and a resting ruckman (Sinclair/McLean) typically an ideal match up for Jones.

If Pittonet is in the ruck and Levi is played forward then it's McKay, TDK and Levi all in the forward line at times.   I don't see the need for it unless Levi is in super form.

An extra runner for mine.   This is a winnable game.   Hopefully the match committee have this one right.
We don't typically pick a balanced lineup most weeks.....which i think is our downfall.

Smaller ground where runners can not excel like bigger grounds. Its more contested and marking related compared to other grounds.

But yes, i'd give Casboult the job down back guarding space if no matchup exists, otherwise as you said, let Weitering either zone off or take the 3rd tall/small.

Reply #104
I gave Murphy a vote last game, thought he had some handy touches, maybe he wanted out for family reasons.
 Yes. me too, he basically gave us back the momentum!
The Force Awakens!