Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 7437 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
Plowman got 2 weeks for the bump on JOM so he is a definite out.

That is the only way Plowman could possibly miss out on playing next week (unless his knee doesn't come up).  I really don't understand why folk want him out of the 22  ???

As for the two week suspension, that beggars belief  :o  We should appeal and show the Tribunal footage of Harbrow's hit on Gibbons.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
That is the only way Plowman could possibly miss out on playing next week (unless his knee doesn't come up).  I really don't understand why folk want him out of the 22  ???

As for the two week suspension, that beggars belief  :o  We should appeal and show the Tribunal footage of Harbrow's hit on Gibbons.
I know we worry about our own but if you the the Plowman suspension is bad, have a look at the tackle Holman made on Duncan and got suspended for. That beggars belief.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Docherty to go back to cover plowman being out, please don't bring in willo for this.

Then Martin comes in to cover doc on the wing.

Reply #18
We generally play well against Sydney, I think we’ll win

Reply #19
We generally play well against Sydney, I think we’ll win
I'm usually optimistic but this one will be tough at the SCG and with Buddy on board it's going to make our life more difficult.
Our win vs the Hawks wasn't that impressive so we will need to improve a lot to beat the Swans on the rebound.

Reply #20
We have a disastrous record against them ... zero confidence with this one as well.

Won the last two, including one in Sydney......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #21
No Franklin the last couple, Franklin doesn't generally star against us but he has such an impact on the game it's pretty definitive.

When Franklin has a good game they smash us, but we won't be on our lonesome there!

I often think Sydney, although a very deep midfield, are not super fast, they have heavy bodies but tend to be on the slower side by AFL standards, not sure about them this year. Who takes Papley?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Sydney always seem to play by a well orchestrated and disciplined plan to me, built around some very strong and reliable performers. This doesn't always mean they are good enough to win obviously.  We by contrast too often seem like we are flying by the seat of our pants, relying too much on individuals  and making heavy weather of trying to get the heart in mouth win. If we can't keep it together v the Swans then I  think their system  will win it for them.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23

Theres one positive to Plowman missing if he does, and that people will notice the work he does to cover for his teamates loose defending.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
Theres one positive to Plowman missing if he does, and that people will notice the work he does to cover for his teamates loose defending.
Agree.
6 x dour defenders will see you getting absolutely hammered week in week out.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #25

@tonyo ... What can I tell you? :)  I wrote this one down as a loss from the get go.  Hope like hell I'm wrong. :)

Reply #26
@tonyo ... What can I tell you? :)  I wrote this one down as a loss from the get go.  Hope like hell I'm wrong. :)
FWIW, I think we are pretty long odds as well.  But there is at least 1 surprise every week this year, and I am hoping that maybe it's our turn....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #27
FWIW, I think we are pretty long odds as well.  But there is at least 1 surprise every week this year, and I am hoping that maybe it's our turn....
I think Pittonet's last game was pretty good, and De Koning was also effective.

If Hickey is carrying an injury or is out we might do better than expected.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
I think Pittonet's last game was pretty good, and De Koning was also effective.

If Hickey is carrying an injury or is out we might do better than expected.
Naismith did well in the twos for the Swans and Sinclair also likes playing against us, reckon they can cover that ok
Swan might go a bit taller and include wonder boy Logan McDonald too who kicked a few goals in the twos...be a big front half with Buddy, Mclean and McDonald and maybe Sinclair on the bench.

Reply #29
Naismith did well in the twos for the Swans and Sinclair also likes playing against us, reckon they can cover that ok
Swan might go a bit taller and include wonder boy Logan McDonald too who kicked a few goals in the twos...be a big front half with Buddy, Mclean and McDonald and maybe Sinclair on the bench.
Does that play into our hands by making them a slower side?
The Force Awakens!