Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11573 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

All ready for tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1

Seems unlikely we will make the finals now and if we did would we be competitive anyway?
PLAY THE KIDS     Give them games and find out if they have a future at Carlton.
That way we will have a future.

While we are doing so rest the injured/out of form older players - no need to even name them
Cheers AB

Reply #2
Joke of a organisation. 
We are 6 years into a rebuild an STILL a bottom tier team. Fail every single time when there is any heat applied to us.
Said it countless times but we have way many D grade footballers to compete with the better teams. The list is bottom tier and the coaching group is weaker then anyone’s in the comp.
Depressing.

Reply #3
We are getting good at these honorable losses  >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #4
The absolute surest bet on the planet at the moment is a 3-4 goal loss against a top 8 team.

That last quarter was a disappointment - the rest, alright.

Reply #5
I usually listen to the Coach’s presser but I’m that pissed off with the same same “old” crap from our “young” coach....

Reply #6
We need a clean out on and off the field. We are so far from being a good side. So many players that promise so much but deliver so little. Our coaching lacks creativity and reeks or predictability. I am.so dis heartened, year after year I build up my belief in what we are doing and never learn. My son is now a teenager and never known a good Carlton side. A generation of supporters are just about done and the club has no one but themselves to blame.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #7
Lloyd or Teague? Someone has to pay for this failure.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
Seems unlikely we will make the finals now and if we did would we be competitive anyway?
PLAY THE KIDS     Give them games and find out if they have a future at Carlton.
That way we will have a future.

While we are doing so rest the injured/out of form older players - no need to even name them
Cheers AB

We are always competitive. Just that we don't win.

Good clubs love playing us. They know they are going to get a very good workout but also know they are going to win too.

Reply #9
Lapses, lapses lapses.

3 big ones today. Late in the 1st, late in the 2nd, start of the last. Do ok for the rest of it.

How many more could be win without them. We are "lapses" away from being a decent team. Why can't we fix them?

The thing is the women did the exact same thing in near every game too. What is pervading through the club?

Reply #10
Time for a rebuild. Trade Cripps, Jones and Docherty.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
The absolute surest bet on the planet at the moment is a 3-4 goal loss against a top 8 team.

That last quarter was a disappointment - the rest, alright.

We just 'stagger' when we need to stand tall....every bloody time, every bloody week.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #12
When you get 4-5 freebie goals off the umps which is unusual for us you have to worry when you dont have a decent lead.
We control a lot of play but dont profit from it enough and you know the decent teams will get their turn controlling the game
at some stage and make you pay and thats what happened especially in the last quarter.
Heeney was a pain in the Ar$e all game and Newman couldnt go with him and we needed an alternative but didnt have one.
Rucks were even, I was hoping we might get an edge with Hickey out and Sinclair one out vs Pittonet and TDK but the Swans player held his own. Cripps was very good today, kicked goals, won contested footy and used it better than he usually does..
Walsh was ok  but by his high standards it was just an ok game, think he had Parker on his tail all day and the Swans dont give you much room to move.
Buddy kicked his three goals and was dangerous but Jones did ok and I thought Weitering was our next best after Cripps.
Martin needed the run and was quiet, Williams was ok and while not brilliant I thought he was steady along with Saad who didnt get much room to run either and he also found the Swans a lot tougher to get away from.
Harry...great first half but got the yips in the last but that wasnt the reason we lost. Eddie..great start to the game but faded, Fogarty was ok at times but like a few of our other players found it tough in the clinches.
Owies...not much from him, ditto Gibbons who got injured. Setterfield wasnt too bad and used the ball ok at times but isnt a high impact type player and isnt the type to win you the big contest like a Heeney or Parker.
Cottrell....wasnt too bad on Florent who was also ok without being great so I'll call that a draw..
Stocker vs Papley was ok till after about midway through the 3/4 and Papley started to lift and became a matchwinner in the last.
Not that Stocker was terrible and I like his aggression, he just needs to watch his kicking and play more attention to his man drifting away from him.
West Coast should suit us better especially with their injuries and away from home record so I expect  a better 100 min performance.

Reply #13
Season over, what to do.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
Joke of a organisation. 
We are 6 years into a rebuild an STILL a bottom tier team. Fail every single time when there is any heat applied to us.
Said it countless times but we have way many D grade footballers to compete with the better teams. The list is bottom tier and the coaching group is weaker then anyone’s in the comp.
Depressing.

Time to rebuild the rebuild
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time