Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11955 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #165
And last night on FC the mongrel Cane Cornes put forward the proposal that Essendon lure Big Harry and his brother to them.  He argued why stay at an unsuccessful club, one unlikely to succeed for a few years when you can join an upward moving club like Essendon.  Raping the unsuccessful clubs would be a disaster.    :'(  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

Reply #166
And last night on FC the mongrel Cane Cornes put forward the proposal that Essendon lure Big Harry and his brother to them.  He argued why stay at an unsuccessful club, one unlikely to succeed for a few years when you can join an upward moving club like Essendon.  Raping the unsuccessful clubs would be a disaster.    :'(  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

If it came from Kane Cornes, it deserves all of the attention I intend to give it: nothing. I tire of hearing of this ... fool. His opinions are worth about as much as one of my farts.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #167
I cannot see that happening @chalkybill .... but muckraking is stock 'n trade for him.

Reply #168
Dangerous but no injury or impediment occurred. Having said that, weren't there some cases earlier in the year where the MRO used wording like "potential to cause injury"?

Zac Williams in the preseason got done.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #169
Glaringly obvious that we have one of the shallowest midfields in the competition....Cripps, Walsh, Curnow and then not much else...after all these years of drafting young midfielders.

Im still pretty glass-half-full....  Fwd line will look  better with Charlie, McGov, Fisher and with H, Martin and JSOS fully fit.   Backline will sort itself out, there are some good names back there.

But, yes, the midfield is a worry.  As stated above, outlside of those 3 (Cripps, Curnow, Walsh), who else to you lock in there??   Surely 1 or 2 of Dow, Setterfield, Obrien, Kennedy, SPS, Cunningham, Williams,  should have stamped themselves the next in line by now.   We really need to get a couple of decent midfielders in via trade over the offseason

Reply #170
- Vision of Saad sagging back to defend the goal line instead of defending is man, tidy that up and that goal doesnt occur

King highlighted this after the match, and i thought it was a bit rich (and again, an example of cherry-picking clips to prove a pre-made point)....  how does King know this isnt the instruction - drop off the back and play goal-keeper???  Plenty of teams do it. he just got burnt due to his man getting the clearance and kicking the goal

Reply #171
You can't confuse the overall count with the consequences of individual decisions or non-decisions.

I'm assuming all that early good luck, and the associated booing ferals, is the reason why we missed out on getting several frees inside our F50 later in the game.

Yeah, we had it early.  But the 2nd half they were gifted a few goals, and we could have had a head ripped off and not gotten a free in fwd50

Reply #172
Kane Cornes is a 'Fisherman'. ;)
The problem for Cornes is his bait is so rank the 'fish' can smell it a mile off.
"Never let a mug upset you"

If Harry were to go to Essendon it would be the end of a few administrative careers at Carlton.
We don't sell the farm...but the house, and the sheds, and all the equipment to keep Harry.

Reply #173
Kane Cornes is a 'Fisherman'. ;)
The problem for Cornes is his bait is so rank the 'fish' can smell it a mile off.
"Never let a mug upset you"

If Harry were to go to Essendon it would be the end of a few administrative careers at Carlton.
We don't sell the farm...but the house, and the sheds, and all the equipment to keep Harry.

Did we learn nothing from shipping off JK all those years ago?

Harry could be better.

I'm not sure what diseases you can get from drinking your own bathwater, but odds on Cornes has them all.

Reply #174
Crash....Cornes also suggested that Richmond move Reiwoldt on so that they can sign up Callum Coleman-Jones! Jones has played 2 games of AFL.....not 200, not even 20....just 2. And you'd move on a club icon on the back of those two games? I reckon the Tiger Army would burn Punt Road down if they went down that path.

Reply #175
Crash....Cornes also suggested that Richmond move Reiwoldt on so that they can sign up Callum Coleman-Jones! Jones has played 2 games of AFL.....not 200, not even 20....just 2. And you'd move on a club icon on the back of those two games? I reckon the Tiger Army would burn Punt Road down if they went down that path.
I heard that. Interesting premise, maybe. Chance of happening? Pr(x) = 0
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #176
Reiwoldt coming off a bag of 5 goals and in the top half dozen or so in the Coleman.....yep, Coleman-Jones shows some talent but I reckon Richmond would show a bit more loyalty than what Cornes is suggesting.

Reply #177
Reiwoldt coming off a bag of 5 goals and in the top half dozen or so in the Coleman.....yep, Coleman-Jones shows some talent but I reckon Richmond would show a bit more loyalty than what Cornes is suggesting.

Cornes must've heard the name Coleman-Jones and decided to look him up. He must've typed in Coleman, John instead and thought, hey, this kid can play.
 ;)

Reply #178
Cornes likes attention and knows how to pick a subject to get it....
I wouldnt put it past Dodo making a decent offer to make our life harder and making us make Harry richer. The Saad trade really cut him up IMHO and he will be wanting some payback.
Ben McKay is a player who we should look at...

Reply #179
Yeah, lets not overreact to Cheats success yet.  Getting a lot of press, but you would expect that, with how many pro-Cheats media there are

No doubt about it. Essendon only need a couple a decent wins in a row and the football media's hormones start to bubble out of control and immediately go wank wank wank.