Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11863 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #180
No doubt about it. Essendon only need a couple a decent wins in a row and the football media's hormones start to bubble out of control and immediately go wank wank wank.
 Flubbo is a professional CheatsFC fluffer!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #181
Two of Melbourne’s high profile recruits Stephen May and Jake Lever are playing great football. May arrived in 2019, Lever in 2018. Can anyone remember the sort of reviews they were getting from the Melbourne faithful after 10 games??

Reply #182
Two of Melbourne’s high profile recruits Stephen May and Jake Lever are playing great football. May arrived in 2019, Lever in 2018. Can anyone remember the sort of reviews they were getting from the Melbourne faithful after 10 games??

Yes. Wasn't real positive.

Reply #183
1. May nearly got ran out of town for being fat.

2. Lever did his knee when he came over didn't he.

Hmmm....
1. Gov
2. Charlie

Reply #185
There was some article written by Bob Murphy which i glanced at talking about our last game.

I say glanced at because he was lashing out because we played Casboult in defence. Saying it didn't work and why would we do it because he has never played there before.
....and thats where he lost me.

No, not because i suggested we do exactly that leading up to the game, but because he said Casboult has never played there before.

Pretty sure he spent at a season or so in defence and played pretty bloody well during that time. It was simply because all our key forwards got injured that we had no choice but to play him back up forward....and he played pretty well there too.

So i'm very wary of some of these football 'experts' who are obligated to write 'something' to justify their existance, rather than writing something when there is actually something worth saying.

Sorry Bob....you should be better.

Reply #186
There was some article written by Bob Murphy which i glanced at talking about our last game.

I say glanced at because he was lashing out because we played Casboult in defence. Saying it didn't work and why would we do it because he has never played there before.
....and thats where he lost me.

No, not because i suggested we do exactly that leading up to the game, but because he said Casboult has never played there before.

Pretty sure he spent at a season or so in defence and played pretty bloody well during that time. It was simply because all our key forwards got injured that we had no choice but to play him back up forward....and he played pretty well there too.

So i'm very wary of some of these football 'experts' who are obligated to write 'something' to justify their existance, rather than writing something when there is actually something worth saying.

Sorry Bob....you should be better.
Fans have to surrendered the idea that these "AFL Experts" watch games like we do!

Most probably write articles like that off reading one line in a summary.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #187
Cornes likes attention and knows how to pick a subject to get it....
I wouldnt put it past Dodo making a decent offer to make our life harder and making us make Harry richer. The Saad trade really cut him up IMHO and he will be wanting some payback.
Ben McKay is a player who we should look at...

I would look at Ben. Need to look at replacing Jones in the next couple of years.
I think Harry said something like not playing with his brother at the same club at draft time.
Maybe someone with a better memory might be able to confirm that.

Reply #188
I would look at Ben. Need to look at replacing Jones in the next couple of years.
I think Harry said something like not playing with his brother at the same club at draft time.
Maybe someone with a better memory might be able to confirm that.

The boys gave the impression that they'd rather punch each other up than play in the same team.

Timing could be right to get Ben. Worth asking the question.

Reply #189

Timing could be right to get Ben. Worth asking the question.

Imagine the fun they could have if they swapped jumpers before the game.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #190
Ben Silvagni has shown nada in terms of AFL capability, not to say he won't ever but up to this stage he's not up to AFL Standard, in fact he's miles and miles off the pace and even borderline for VFL!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
Ben McKay?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #192
Ben McKay?
Yes, if I'm wrong sorry I'm referring to the earlier debate about Ben Silvagni.

How can we look at Ben McKay, he's under contract at Norp, or is this also a cross pollination with ..... ?

btw., Kane Cornes has been quoted begging CheatsFC to lure Ben and Harry McKay to CheatsFC in the last 24hrs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #193
Ben Silvagni has shown nada in terms of AFL capability, not to say he won't ever but up to this stage he's not up to AFL Standard, in fact he's miles and miles off the pace and even borderline for VFL!
Lol....keep up.

Why would Ben Silvagni be swapping jumpers?

Contracts mean squat.....north are a sinking ship and if we offer enough, they might take it to stay afloat.

Reply #194
Yes, if I'm wrong sorry I'm referring to the earlier debate about Ben Silvagni.

How can we look at Ben McKay, he's under contract at Norp, or is this also a cross pollination with ..... ?

btw., Kane Cornes has been quoted begging CheatsFC to lure Ben and Harry McKay to CheatsFC in the last 24hrs.
Magic word: Kane Cornes, If a human had suggested this, I might start to worry, But as it is this ... lifeform, I won't stress about it. The more he wants it, the more confident I will be that H is remaining a Blue.
Live Long and Prosper!