Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11917 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #45
Notice a pattern here?
Yes I do as do so many others on this site. You and laj "the mathematician" fail to acknowledge the facts.

You both keep harping on about, if we didn't lose that quarter or didn't lose that game, everything would be different and the all time classic lines from laj like:

"If we didn't have to many 4 goal run ons we'd be in the eight" ... Really? The guy is a genius. I'm sure Carlton are PMing him asking for his phone number so they can get him in the coaches box asap! 🤣

Stop making crap up and pretending everything is ok. It's not...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #46
Yes I do as do so many others on this site. You and laj "the mathematician" fail to acknowledge the facts.

Firstly, don't lump me in with laj. Address him separately thanks.

Secondly....you are failing to acknowledge the facts. Everything i said was factual.
If we continue the trend, we end up 11-11....even taking into account a game we lose but should win.

I'm not pretending everything is OK.
I'm pointing out it is not as bad as you and others are making out.

Reply #47

You both keep harping on about, if we didn't lose that quarter or didn't lose that game, everything would be different and the all time classic lines from laj like:

"If we didn't have to many 4 goal run ons we'd be in the eight" ... Really? The guy is a genius. I'm sure Carlton are PMing him asking for his phone number so they can get him in the coaches box asap! 🤣

You're here. We must've lost. I'll chat with those I respect. Just think you're a clueless wonder. Others at least analyse what goes wrong. You're just here to bag. We call those types tossers.

Jog on.

Re: PostHome truths.... Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #48
Slowly getting the blood pressure down after another apoplectic experience watching "Teagues Teasers" destroy our blind faith again...he is clueless.....Buddy is on and has destroyed Jonesy before.....switch early to Weiters

We keep allowing Levi to try and make short passes...friggin HB or belt it long...better still not be selected

38% kicking efficiecny Q2...cant hit the side of the barn from 20-30m..do we actually practice our kicking skills at training or we just recruit crap kicks as a matter of practice

Newman kicks 2 lollipop passes into the middle and both intercepted and goals against

Heeney torched us again...any thoughts on switching his man..agreed tough matchup as he plays tall/small but try something!

Crippa played great but his turnovers are killing us...underground HB to Curnow of all people....goal against

Docherty's a worry that fresh air kick in defense =another goal

Setterfield too loose in defence in chasing Kennedy down= another goal

RED TIME GOALS...I reckon we have worst record in AFL for goals scored in last 5 mins of every QTr.....I can't watch it have to go outside ground or home cos we cough up plenty time in time out

Coaching panel...can anyone tell me how John Barker still sits in the coaching box and draws a paycheck for the last 10 years? Adds nought

Guess Ill get bagged for being Mr Negative ...but I'm soo over this!

Reply #49
Sydney have been a little inconsistent this season, but when they're on, they're very good. Thus far, they've beaten Brisbane, Richmond and Geelong. That's a fair effort.

Reply #50
Buddy is on and has destroyed Jonesy before.....switch early to Weiters

Heeney torched us again...any thoughts on switching his man..agreed tough matchup as he plays tall/small but try something!

Two things...
1. Jones flogged Buddy in the second half. Whatever adjustments were made, it worked in that area.

2. Heeney was a tough matchup. His perfect matchup got suspended last week. Time some start giving Plowman some credit.

Reply #51
Barker just has to go too long around the club with no success he’s used to mediocre. Anyone else been there that long can go too. Went to the Eagles v dons game last night,  WC looked disinterested after halftime got 27 up and then played a chip around hold on to the lead type game for some reason. Bombers took risks breezed past em and they couldn’t start the engine again. Definitely beatable the Eagles they looked old and out of sorts.
We need the right selections but reckon we can beat them even after the crap we served up today.
Still cant figure out why we can’t run out games fitness wise with the better teams, red time goals kill us then we are stuffed in last qtr.  maybe Russell has us in a different training “bloc” to the rest of the league and we will be cherry ripe come finals time LOL

Reply #52
Sydney have been a little inconsistent this season, but when they're on, they're very good. Thus far, they've beaten Brisbane, Richmond and Geelong. That's a fair effort.
Its a good point, one of our problems is you can't account for other teams improving as I have said before. There is probably only one spot up for grabs in the eight as it stands imo and I would have the Swans as a lock to make finals.

Reply #53
Two things...
1. Jones flogged Buddy in the second half. Whatever adjustments were made, it worked in that area.

2. Heeney was a tough matchup. His perfect matchup got suspended last week. Time some start giving Plowman some credit.

Haha haha Plowman perfect for Heaney.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #54
Haha haha Plowman perfect for Heaney.

Someone that can match him in the air, but not be turned around like a pretzel on the ground.

Reply #55
If you watched the pre game presser, Teague spoke about the Plowman suspension, and segued into talking about how he is a very good team player, sacrificing his own game for the good of the team. It didn't take too much dot joining to figure out Teague is a fan, and I get the feeling that the efforts to get Plowman off were partly about making a statement, and partly about wanting him in the team.

Reply #56
So thats why we can't beat anyone above us?

we get spooked because they've knocked off some flag favourites? give me a break... that's exactly why we sit where we are and have for 15 years.....mentality is that we put in honourable efforts and scare a few top teams like Dogs etc for 2/3 quarters and drop our bundles..but gets a pass

Not good enough..want another 10 years of this?....Changes must be made!

Reply #57
We're like the little fellow who spends half the game playing football and the other half watching the butterflies in the trees.
I was going to say 'soft'  but I don't think it's a 'softness' as much as a lack of awareness and concentration.

Reply #58
Guess we know how Plowman got 3rd in the BnF 2 years ago...top 5 last year...that amazed me I must be watching a different game

Marchbank was the GWS jewell we missed for last 18 months due to injury

watched Plowman get torched by Grey etc many times and numerous clangers...what am I missing?

Reply #59
watched Plowman get torched by Grey etc many times and numerous clangers...what am I missing?
You're not missing anything. The guy's a hack as are three quarters of the list. It goes to show how bad we are when a player like Plowman makes the top 5 of the bnf.

The inability of the club not to draft tough uncompromising players with decent foot skills over the past 2 decades beggars belief.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay...