Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11572 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #195
If Ben McKay is contracted but open, then you'd definitely ask the question....he's definitely come on this year as a key defender and could be a perfect long term replacement for Jones....and maybe free Weitering up to play more of that intercept marking type....a bit like Jake Lever at Melbourne.

It's definitely an area we haven't planned for and Marchbank just doesn't seem to be able to get near it for long enough....he's likely to be delisted and then rookied IMO.

Reply #196
I thought Ben McKay was off contract at the end of 2021 - did he extend?

Reply #197
I thought Ben McKay was off contract at the end of 2021 - did he extend?
I thought he had, but quick search says out of contract at the end of the year.

Reply #198
I thought he had, but quick search says out of contract at the end of the year.

Yep I was pretty sure that was correct. I would be speaking to his brother to gauge how keen he might be. We have our pillars set for a decade if he comes over.

Reply #199
Yep I was pretty sure that was correct. I would be speaking to his brother to gauge how keen he might be. We have our pillars set for a decade if he comes over.
Perhaps more importantly, it is more likely to stop Harry leaving too.

Reply #200
Fans have to surrendered the idea that these "AFL Experts" watch games like we do!

Most probably write articles like that off reading one line in a summary.

Rohan Connelly did a good bit on it during his podcast - basically said the press box at games is a ghost town, as none of the footy journos actually care about the footy, more interested in muckraking and back room crap

Reply #201
Rohan Connelly did a good bit on it during his podcast - basically said the press box at games is a ghost town, as none of the footy journos actually care about the footy, more interested in muckraking and back room crap
It's because that is what pays the bills!

I spent years working in the same office with Scotty "The Truth" Palmer, reporting the sport was left to the cadets and work experience kids!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #203
It's because that is what pays the bills!

I spent years working in the same office with Scotty "The Truth" Palmer, reporting the sport was left to the cadets and work experience kids!

Ha - loved him.  Used to hang out for half time, as a kid, to see his 5mins (after a cross from Peter Landy).   Kept punching!!!!

Reply #204
Ha - loved him.  Used to hang out for half time, as a kid, to see his 5mins (after a cross from Peter Landy).  Kept punching!!!!
Working with Scotty was a strange mix of odours, BO, alcohol and cigar smoke, I think that big brown coat he wore was probably beige when it was new, some claimed they could smell him in the lift well before it arrived, he always had plenty of free space in there!

I believe Flubbo modelled his early career on Scotty!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #205
Working with Scotty was a strange mix of odours, BO, alcohol and cigar smoke, I think that big brown coat he wore was probably beige when it was new, some claimed they could smell him in the lift well before it arrived, he always had plenty of free space in there!

I believe Flubbo modelled his early career on Scotty!

Gold!!