Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 12543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #45
This is one we didn't to have to play like champs to win and we let it slip, I can cop losses but this one really annoyed me as it was setup for us to win but we managed to balls it up.

Sadly, wasn't the slightest bit surprised.

Don't see it stopping any time soon in the next few years too unless some attitudes change within the club.

Reply #46
The main guys on the ABC call, Nick Davis and Ryan O'Keefe, mentioned a few times that we are a team that relies less on system and more on individual brilliance. And that's a problem according to them. And I agree.
Blah.
I am afraid that we do need to have a change in coach.
I hate saying that, as it is an admission of failure. But we have failed. There is no greater certainty this year.
[1] We do not have a good system, or, if there is one, we don't appear to follow it.
[2] We don't win enough one-on-ones, mainly because our opposition is streaming forward with little pressure.
[3] Our ruck division is not up to taking on the AFL's best. Teams with a good ruckman smash us. Even Collingwood, and they are terrible.
[4] After the Hawthorn game I mentioned that even they have a better system than we do, and they are rubbish this year. You could see by the way they positioned themselves.
[5] Our players do not believe in themselves. They are accepting defeat too easily.

The season is over. After the bye, assuming we still have it, we need to start seeing if our kids have what it takes.

I really hate that, as it is an admission of failure, but what else can we do?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #47
Sheeeesh😰

I'm all out of hope for this you beaut rebuild. Not only that but my optimistic mindset is being seriously challenged by the assurances, propaganda, and performances of our team. None of it adds up. I doubt I'll continue my long-term membership.

I see the progress of sides like the Swans and even the Bombers. There's no excuse/s I can think of that makes sense of our relative lack of progress at this point of the rebuild. We are still the laughingstock of the competition despite spending big on 2 good/average players. Now we're reportedly struggling to find the cash it sign the likes of our captain, main goalkicker, and main mid. What a predicament 😩

To say I'm frustrated by today's performance over a seriously undermanned WC is a sad but true understatement.

In terms of hope for improvement post-bye. We have Walsh and Harry who we can rely on consistently, and Samo in terms of durability. Then there's daylight and no clear way forward.

End of rant.

I'll keep reading in hope of finding some positives 🤞
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #48
Murphy was poor but Jack Martin continues to disappoint IMO, Yeo was second game back after a long lay off and copped a knock in the head but was influential in the contests ,getting physical with our blokes and looking after Cripps.
Williams and Saad were ok but Martin isnt doing enough, he has the skills but continues as he did at GC to have low possession games and I'd be giving him a rocket if I was the coach and telling him to lift his work rate.

Tell me
What has Martin achieved in his whole career

Reply #49
The review should be fun this week, lots and lots of below average footage to trawl through and enjoy with the the guys. Seriously, they should review the game altogether in a room, Prez down to bootstudder. Look each other in the eye and sign off and what they are going to do to fix it. EVERYONE to a man/woman.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Coaches presser -

“We’ve got to roll our sleeves up and get back to the basics”

FARKllllllll

Reply #51
Guys, we lost! Stop having a go at each other. This behaviour is not satisfactory!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #52

I think that would be a disaster.

From the outside we see a continuous period of failure. But inside the CFC, the club has experienced nothing but discontinuity, across playing group, coaching group, executive, strategy, vision etc. The last thing they need is more upheaval. None of the previous coaches are problems in and of themselves.

What we really need is a super human sports psychologist who can climb into the players' brains and rewire them to something more akin to a successful club.

Nothing will be gained by changing the coach IMO.

Reply #53
Sheeeesh😰

I'm all out of hope for this you beaut rebuild. Not only that but my optimistic mindset is being seriously challenged by the assurances, propaganda, and performances of our team. None of it adds up. I doubt I'll continue my long-term membership.

I see the progress of sides like the Swans and even the Bombers. There's no excuse/s I can think of that makes sense of our relative lack of progress at this point of the rebuild. We are still the laughingstock of the competition despite spending big on 2 good/average players. Now we're reportedly struggling to find the cash it sign the likes of our captain, main goalkicker, and main mid. What a predicament 😩

To say I'm frustrated by today's performance over a seriously undermanned WC is a sad but true understatement.

In terms of hope for improvement post-bye. We have Walsh and Harry who we can rely on consistently, and Samo in terms of durability. Then there's daylight and no clear way forward.

End of rant.

I'll keep reading in hope of finding some positives 🤞

Hit the nail on the head. Agree totally with all of that. I’m lost faith completely.

Reply #54
I hate saying that, as it is an admission of failure. But we have failed. There is no greater certainty this year.
[1] We do not have a good system, or, if there is one, we don't appear to follow it.
[2] We don't win enough one-on-ones, mainly because our opposition is streaming forward with little pressure.
[3] Our ruck division is not up to taking on the AFL's best. Teams with a good ruckman smash us. Even Collingwood, and they are terrible.
[4] After the Hawthorn game I mentioned that even they have a better system than we do, and they are rubbish this year. You could see by the way they positioned themselves.
[5] Our players do not believe in themselves. They are accepting defeat too easily.

The season is over. After the bye, assuming we still have it, we need to start seeing if our kids have what it takes.

I really hate that, as it is an admission of failure, but what else can we do?
What to do? Dunno mate, its rnd 12 and we have been seeing the same thing more or less every week. We have been hearing the same thing more or less every week in the pressers from the coach, CEO, Footy Manager, High Performance guy. But nothing changes.
So here's my suggestion. They need to sit down as a group from the Prez to the Bootstudder over the next two weeks and work out how to change or fortunes. And the fact we have injuries to key players is NOT an excuse, I would tell the group at the start of the session, if the injury word is used, that person will be fired. We just lost to a side who supposedly fielded a VFL side so no excuses.
As a group, we must use this break wisely and plan the rectification. If things dont change, there must be consequences.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #55
I heard on the news tonight that influential Carlton backers are unhappy with the Board and are expecting some action in coming weeks.

Reply #56
I heard on the news tonight that influential Carlton backers are unhappy with the Board and are expecting some action in coming weeks.

Lol. There's only one "action" Carlton knows.

Reply #57
Liddle has defined the path we are on, set the goals and has to be accountable for where we are.

Reply #58
Lol. There's only one "action" Carlton knows.
Full backing of the board hay Pauly?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
Liddle has defined the path we are on, set the goals and has to be accountable for where we are.
Its the bye, it hasn't gone to plan to date, use the time wisely.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th