Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 12160 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #15
I love Docherty but he's not half the player he was. Forget disposal numbers or dream team points, he can't compete the same anymore.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Got smashed at the stoppages/clearances......like I have been saying for a while we need another couple of big coalface mids to help Cripps and Walsh. That has to be a recruiting priority along with a defender who can take these small/medium forwards who can take a mark.

Reply #17
Sad to say it but he looks finished.   Two kneesxplus cancer,  he's a shell of the player he was.

Murphy was finished two years ago. Embarrassed himself today.  

Setterfield and Martin play soft football and look like they don't give a....   These are the types we need to cull out.   Now.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Oh the defend Murphy brigade.

No passengers and he has been a passenger for years now. Didnt even look like he was trying today or last week when he came on.

Oh the bag Murphy brigade.   Did you see when he short stepped that contest.   Can't remember then, but it was right in front of me.   He doesn't go hard enough.   It's dribble to be honest.

The bloke is playing half forward flank.   Sheed and the midfield smashed us.

Reply #19
I love Docherty but he's not half the player he was. Forget disposal numbers or dream team points, he can't compete the same anymore.
Brave player on and off the field but I agree and wouldnt have him down back anymore unless we are short of players.
He isnt great overhead and looks slower and shaky in heavy traffic, we have Williams, Saad and Docherty who want to sit behind the ball for the easy intercept and rebound and its not working.
As someone else on another thread said we need that Brayden Maynard physical, contested type of half back to supplement these rebounders.

Reply #20
Sad to say it but he looks finished.   Two kneesxplus cancer,  he's a shell of the player he was.

Murphy was finished two years ago. Embarrassed himself today.  

Setterfield and Martin play soft football and look like they don't give a....   These are the types we need to cull out.   Now.
Agree sadly on all counts

Reply #21
I think this is very much at the core of the problem.
We have some talented players but they don't work together as well as other sides.
A lot of that has to do with games together.
Injuries and a the introduction of new players into the side is a big factor in this and it's not likely we'll suddenly develop those understandings to a large degree in the remainder of this season.
How we use these players, the structures and systems we're trying to introduce are a little unclear...that's an issue for the coaching staff (if there are any left after the bye)

That's a good post Lods. I tend to agree.

Reply #22
Harry out?

MBB's mate was right, he just got the timing wrong  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23

Agree he is not the same player but still is a AFL quality footballer never the less.

Our issue are far deeper then Docherty not being the player he was, imo it’s with the amount of so called footballers that make their way on the park every week for us that are vfl players or very average AFL level. Simply have too many of those sorts getting a game week in week out to be anything more then a bottom 6 team.  And the sad part is apart from Charlie and maybe plowman and if you really want to be generous McGovern who is out that you know without doubt will instantly improve us. The rest are shuffling of deck chairs at best and hoping like hell someone we have surprises us.
Only the most one eyed fan can keep hoping after what we have seen this year. Year 6 of a complete rebuild.

Reply #24
Also to add to that, I like the look of Martin but He really doesn’t seem to gaf.

I love Eddie but he jokes with the opposition as well which I don’t like during the game at all but he earns his keep and he’s a unique player.

I just feel that most of them do not bleed for this club, they dgaf about losses yea the Cottrells may not be as silk as say Martin or Williams but they gaf.

Williams has been a big disappointment to me, way overpaid.

Wondering if cripps’ homelife alters how he plays - partner with anxiety disorder back in Lockdown back In Melbourne, maybe some personal stuff going on?

Reply #25
We have been beaten, confortably, but a 2nd's team and quite honestly we've been doing this for many years so it's hard to see were the improvements have come. Had to laugh when BT on the box today patronised us by saying at least we weren't being beaten by 100+ points anymore. Well Brian, maybe that had something to do with us playing a 2nd's team, no?

Onto the positives,
1. I think Dow did enough to stay in the side. Well I hope so. No point in continuing with spuds like Setterfield. He is officially cooked. Seeya later.
2. I think SOS has had another success with Stocker. Time to release him from the BP and play him on the ball. What is the point of him playing in a BP
3. Jack S was terrific today (still on one shoulder I believe). If only we could extract his heart and split it into 5 separate pieces to then be transplanted into others in the team.
4. TDK should be played more as the 1st ruck and Pitt, as serviceable as is he is, needs to be "managed".
5. Week off next week so we can all relax and enjoy our weekend.

Reply #26
Not sure whether it’s our system or our players or a combination

Our structure is all over the place, but on top of that we have a combination of players who are either very slow learners and some that don’t like the contest.

All of the following meet at least one of those limbs  - Jones, Newnes, Cottrell, Curnow, Murphy, Pittonet, Setterfield

We’re a bottom four side again

Reply #27
WC still had Nic Nat, Hurn, Barass, Cole, Redden, Yeo, Darling, Cripps, Sheed and Ryan from their 2018 flag. 10 out of 18. That's not a seconds team, it's an A grade senior team, with class and premiership experience. I can't speak for others, but I got a little ahead of myself thinking this would be an easy win. A win, yes. Anyway.....................

Reply #28
We have been beaten, confortably, but a 2nd's team and quite honestly we've been doing this for many years so it's hard to see were the improvements have come. Had to laugh when BT on the box today patronised us by saying at least we weren't being beaten by 100+ points anymore. Well Brian, maybe that had something to do with us playing a 2nd's team, no?

Onto the positives,
1. I think Dow did enough to stay in the side. Well I hope so. No point in continuing with spuds like Setterfield. He is officially cooked. Seeya later.
2. I think SOS has had another success with Stocker. Time to release him from the BP and play him on the ball. What is the point of him playing in a BP
3. Jack S was terrific today (still on one shoulder I believe). If only we could extract his heart and split it into 5 separate pieces to then be transplanted into others in the team.
4. TDK should be played more as the 1st ruck and Pitt, as serviceable as is he is, needs to be "managed".
5. Week off next week so we can all relax and enjoy our weekend.
Agree. Dow has skills, still saw him not put pressure on the opponent which is so frustrating but generally he did some smart things when he got the ball.

Really really disappointed in Murph today, it looked almost intentional his pathetic disposal time and again. He is that beat too slow now too. Done.

Reply #29
I can’t imagine a result with more players available for the Eagles. Not the result we needed today. Some players need to show more leadership.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.