Skip to main content
Topic: Football Department Review (Read 72223 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Review

Reply #256
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/10/will-teague-be-coaching-carlton-in-2022/
These deals are usually done now, well ahead of the season ending especially with Collingwood also looking for a new coach...
Clarko the messiah......where to for the club if he joins the long list of failed messiahs and gets lost in the wilderness that is Ikon park.

Reply #257
Like other reviews I reckon the coach will stay and they'll be a cleanout of many other positions. Russell will stay but his role will be purely on the fitness side, not crossing roles as he is doing now, which is ridiculous. Roles for everyone will be alot more defined. Captaincy will change to Weitering. Teague and Clarko are both contracted for 2022 I think they'll try that first and see what happens under Teague next year.

All will be a waste if the players don't lift their motivation, drive and the culture changes. Bottom line, peer pressure needs the be the driver.

Reply #258
So what happens if the Board commit to Teague on the back of this review and then we churn out 3 or 4 more shockers like the WCE game?

Reply #259
So what happens if the Board commit to Teague on the back of this review and then we churn out 3 or 4 more shockers like the WCE game?

Probably not going to see much happen if you are within a goal or two all game and lose by 4 as bad as we performed generally. That stuff you can work out at year's end. Previous coaches those bad efforts were 60-100pt losses.

I will be interested to see player reaction come next game.

Reply #260
Then before that we had Malthouse, as ruthless as you get.

And unbeknownst to him, blindly egocentric. "Who are you to question my superb record"
Until his record wasn't.....at Carlton.

Didn't help us, in fact generated further division and maintained the chaos that is Carlton.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #261
These deals are usually done now, well ahead of the season ending especially with Collingwood also looking for a new coach...
Clarko the messiah......where to for the club if he joins the long list of failed messiahs and gets lost in the wilderness that is Ikon park.

There should be plenty of room for Clarkson's stuffed and mounted head in the newly refurbished Big Game Room, right next to his buddy Bolts. Obviously we no longer have any interest in collecting flags, so we collect scalps instead. 

Reply #262

I really hope that John Hollingsworth gets up and can give this dopey board a massive wake up call and shake up. Teague isn't the problem. The players have been through enough turmoil. Teague staying or going won't make much difference to their performance IMO.

Reply #263
I really hope that John Hollingsworth gets up and can give this dopey board a massive wake up call and shake up. Teague isn't the problem. The players have been through enough turmoil. Teague staying or going won't make much difference to their performance IMO.

Player efforts created the turmoil.

Reply #264
I agree PP....the board will look even more stupid if they've committed to Teague publicly for 2022 and then we cop a few floggings and the review recommends the club part ways with Teague. I think they were a bit stupid to say the review "wasn't about David Teague".....he's the coach and effectively head of the football department....how can he not be included in the total review?

Reply #265
Crystal balling.

Teague to stay on.   Clarkson is unlikely, and contracted to end '22 anyway.
Assistants to get cleaned out.
Worsfold...  Still don't know what his role is,  is he part of the "soft cap" crowd?

Weeters to take over as captain.
Murphy to limp to 300 then retire.

A lot of onfield positional and personel changes.

I believe that a lot of the issues exist within the playing group and much improvement can come from within.  Seriously we have two possible members of an AA spine, we can't be that bad.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #266
Teague to Clarkson would be Brittain to Pagan revisited.

Clarkson would have to pull off at least a finals in his first year.

Reply #267
I agree PP....the board will look even more stupid if they've committed to Teague publicly for 2022 and then we cop a few floggings and the review recommends the club part ways with Teague. I think they were a bit stupid to say the review "wasn't about David Teague".....he's the coach and effectively head of the football department....how can he not be included in the total review?

If we cop Bolton/Malthouse like floggings then he won't be coaching 2022. Fortunately it's the one thing we don't cop. Geelong and Richmond reviews sorted everything out around the coach and streamlined tasks, much allowing the coach to concentrate on his primary job.

Reply #268

I agree. If they are reviewing the football department, that means reviewing Teague plus 100 other things. I'm not sure how you can review a football department and yet state the coach is safe. MLG is an average communicator IMO.

The Board brings heat on the club by impulsive, rash behavior, never settling on any one thing, constantly changing one thing or another. Stability and unity will give us the best chance of success. This was an unnecessary announcement, much like the R2 2015 announcement of a total rebuild. Amateur hour yet again.

Reply #269
Crystal balling.

Teague to stay on.   Clarkson is unlikely, and contracted to end '22 anyway.
Assistants to get cleaned out.
Worsfold...  Still don't know what his role is,  is he part of the "soft cap" crowd?

Weeters to take over as captain.
Murphy to limp to 300 then retire.

A lot of onfield positional and personel changes.

I believe that a lot of the issues exist within the playing group and much improvement can come from within.  Seriously we have two possible members of an AA spine, we can't be that bad.
Agree with all that. Clarko wont come to us due to how we treated BB plus is blindly/fiercely loyal to the hawks.
Ditto Mitchell if we were to ask, although he would consider Coll if they asked.
Lyon Im  not convinced wants to coach, wont like how we treated his great mate SOS. Wont come to us, will go to Coll if he does get back on the horse.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time