Skip to main content
Topic: Football Department Review (Read 74167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Review

Reply #300
So the cynic in me thinks Harry is about to walk and the review is a smokescreen to absolve the club of the blame.

McGovern and Williams are millstones hanging round our neck.
Wayne Carey wants Nth to throw a godfather deal at Harry and I presume also look after his brother Ben too. I think Harry will stay but will cost us a bit more than anticipated.
Id be inclined not to over pay...

Reply #301
Wayne Carey wants Nth to throw a godfather deal at Harry and I presume also look after his brother Ben too. I think Harry will stay but will cost us a bit more than anticipated.
Could cost between 900-950k now.

Reply #302
Pretty sure his brother has already signed with North.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #304
Have we not waited a million years for H to come good? He owes us Altho I don’t see him as being particularly tight with the other players, there is something not quite right there.

Reply #305
Harry has stated several times he played so much junior foot with his brother he does not want to be at the same club. I know sometimes money talks but not sure there is many other positives in joining a team like North over us

Reply #306
Conspiracy theory…..In current negotiations  and other conversations, it was highlighted that we are going nowhere and that things needed to change ASAP before there were significant commitments. Sayer saw some writing on the wall and decided to get proactive and create a circuit breaker…. A full mid season review.

Reply #307
I've heard that the Cripps delay in signing is so that the club gets to see who opponents offer up in trade, apparently we played this game once before when SOS was in charge, maybe we are doing it again and Austin is a little less polished at it! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #308
Harry has stated several times he played so much junior foot with his brother he does not want to be at the same club. I know sometimes money talks but not sure there is many other positives in joining a team like North over us
A 5-7 Million dollar contract might make him love his brother at the same club a bit more....
As Jim suggested I can see the price being pushed up to 900k- 1mill, cant see Harrys management accepting less given lesser players like Williams are around the 800k mark.
Its going to be a balancing act with Cripps and Walsh also set to be around that those figures you would have to expect.

Reply #309
A 5-7 Million dollar contract might make him love his brother at the same club a bit more....
As Jim suggested I can see the price being pushed up to 900k- 1mill, cant see Harrys management accepting less given lesser players like Williams are around the 800k mark.
Its going to be a balancing act with Cripps and Walsh also set to be around that those figures you would have to expect.

Just backend it and ask him to take a pay cut if/when we are successful to keep the band together.
If we are not successful and we don't want to pay his contract.....someone will.

Win-win.

Reply #310

You know where Carey can put his godfather deal.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #311
So the cynic in me thinks Harry is about to walk and the review is a smokescreen to absolve the club of the blame.

McGovern and Williams are millstones hanging round our neck.

Williams will be fine. Tough and skilful.  Just finding his feet

Reply #312
I find it hard to believe that anyone worth their salt would conduct a review, or provide any other service, without being paid by the organisation seeking the review or service.  Of course, Lowe, Walsh and Pavlich are being paid by the club and that certainly doesn't mean that they will pull their punches.  Perhaps the club should have called for volunteers to have conducted a review for free ... that would work out really well  ::)

The club has picked three independent, well-qualified blokes who are in no way beholden to the club and I reckon their review will knock a few scabs off.

Having worked with internal and external auditors, I know that they don't give a fat rat's clacker about who is paying their bills ... and they're in deep sh1t if they don't comply with Australian Auditing Standards.

I'm a lot happier after reading the President's email.

Dunstall was on mmm talking about the crows review,  interviewed every player and footy dept employee (that would be what, 70-80 people?) for 30 mins to an hour each. Then wrote up the report with recommendations.  That’s a lot of work.  Yep, no one is doing that for free!!!

Reply #313
Dunstall was on mmm talking about the crows review,  interviewed every player and footy dept employee (that would be what, 70-80 people?) for 30 mins to an hour each. Then wrote up the report with recommendations.  That’s a lot of work.  Yep, no one is doing that for free!!!
Word is Dunstall knocked us back.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time