Skip to main content
Topic: Football Department Review (Read 74193 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Review

Reply #60
Come on Shawny and SPF you’re quoting the Cairns news ffs and rehashing rumours that Sayers beat up Dan Andrews :(  from the article you just posted spf, you fully believe this bullcrap? Christ.

The Facebookers allege Andrews is fighting a rape charge in court, under the radar naturally, for a dalliance with one of Lindsay Fox’s grand-daughters aged 17.  In return Andrews is said to be prosecuting his assailants for bashing him senseless over the alleged rape.

Reply #61
Back to some proper facts ffs, re footy, Lloyd on FC is in such a conflict I don’t know why they ask him Carlton related questions but he has now mentioned Cripps a few times yet not Doch in the same manner… I think Doch is playing a crapload worse than Cripps yet he’s not mentioned by Lloyd at all…

Reply #62
Lastly I’m dunking overly annoyed that we are yet again doing the will they won’t they sack the coach, talk on footy shows! Sick to death of being THAT story.

Reply #63
Lastly I’m dunking overly annoyed that we are yet again doing the will they won’t they sack the coach, talk on footy shows! Sick to death of being THAT story.
agree but we've earned that by sacking more coaches in the last 9 years than any other club.  We are running at 4 senior coaches since the start of the 2012 season.

Ratten
Malthouse
Bolton
Teague.

If you count barker as the stand in as half a season its a joke.  We either have no idea how to appoint a senior coach and run a footy club or keep appointing the wrong horse.

As for Docherty, I think he is still getting a pass from spending 2 years out with knee reconstructions and people are just happy to see him out there trying.  Better players than him have been cut down by one knee reconstruction and not come back and played footy like he has.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #64
Liked Matthew Lloyd's face when Caro suggested his bros position will also come under scrutiny. Lloyd said Carlton isn't the basket case other clubs are and can turn it around..

He probably has a point, even taking into account his obvious conflict of interest.

Reply #65
He probably has a point, even taking into account his obvious conflict of interest.
Agree, we aren't a basket case. If we were struggling off field also, then yes many facets of the club would be in turmoil and we would be in real strife. Thats not the case and if listen to many commentators/analysts, we aren't that far away on field. The main common themes people are talking about are:
- Leadership (on field communication and reinforcement of structures)
- Selfishness vs Team First (comes across as poor effort)
- Fitness/Concentration (we concede more points than anyone in red time - I found an article from 2015 that this was the case then also so its been happening at our club for a long time)
- Selection Criteria (Murphy, SPS, LOB, Doc, Casboult etc)
Probably with the exception of the last one, all the others can be fixed by the players themselves.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
Personally, in recent times I think Brad Lloyd has done an OK job, which makes some of that attention seem political. I was one who did not want him initially, but credit where credit is due, there is no point hanging onto falsities when wrong and based on recent events I was wrong about Brad Lloyd.

What is Sayers relationship to SOS, would they burn the joint to get back in the door?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
Come on Shawny and SPF you’re quoting the Cairns news ffs and rehashing rumours that Sayers beat up Dan Andrews :(  from the article you just posted spf, you fully believe this bullcrap? Christ.

The Facebookers allege Andrews is fighting a rape charge in court, under the radar naturally, for a dalliance with one of Lindsay Fox’s grand-daughters aged 17.  In return Andrews is said to be prosecuting his assailants for bashing him senseless over the alleged rape.

I have a client who is close friends with LF. I know exactly what happened. It wasn't that.

Reply #68
Remember people,  we pay the bills of the football media circus,  and other club's benefit by the distractions created by the latest CFC saga - stage managed by the likes of Flubbo, Caro and the rest of the dribbling sycophants.   For example,  another low strike was made this week,  and the perpetrator was dealt with a lot more harshly - HTF did Mills get off?  Why isn't the heat in this latest example being ratcheted up.... Because trouble at Carlton equals money money money to these vultures.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69
Heard Leppa on SEN and was brilliant, there was a lot discussed but these were some of the main ones:
- He was part of a problem at one club, then 3 months later was part of the solution at another so its not necessarily that people are incompetent, just need to find the right role.
- Players who have potted the coach to the board would be the first to go, they are untrustworthy
- Richmond review culture weekly (externally by Shane McCurry)
- Andrew Russell - Does both Fitness and leadership - this is a worry to him, you need to have dedicated people in dedicated roles. Someone like McCurry works with many organisations and is constantly learning about his area of expertise and imparting it to organisations that he works with. Russell cannot be doing two roles efficiently, could be due to soft cap restrictions, comes down to what you value.
- Suggestions for Teague  - Try one or two things different this week to get players engaged and stimulated, e.g Get players to focus on the red time scores and what they can do to stop it happening. Stk and Ratten did it to stop runs of goals by getting Membrey to push back deep to the goal line, Higgins played higher up the ground and got more possies and more shots on goal as a result.
Ill try and find the audio and post it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
One down!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-assistant-barker-resigns-will-depart-during-bye-20210608-p57z14.html
While this may well be the shooting of Bambi, I think it was inevitable, Barker was one of few stones left unturned.

Are we shocked that when he offered they acted immediately, should this be a surprise us or a tell?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
A tell.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #73
A tell.
I think there is a good chance you are correct, but time will tell.

Playing Devil's Advocate, would Barker stepped aside become a candidate for the replacement of Teague?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Heard Leppa on SEN and was brilliant, there was a lot discussed but these were some of the main ones:
- He was part of a problem at one club, then 3 months later was part of the solution at another so its not necessarily that people are incompetent, just need to find the right role.
- Players who have potted the coach to the board would be the first to go, they are untrustworthy
- Richmond review culture weekly (externally by Shane McCurry)
- Andrew Russell - Does both Fitness and leadership - this is a worry to him, you need to have dedicated people in dedicated roles. Someone like McCurry works with many organisations and is constantly learning about his area of expertise and imparting it to organisations that he works with. Russell cannot be doing two roles efficiently, could be due to soft cap restrictions, comes down to what you value.
- Suggestions for Teague  - Try one or two things different this week to get players engaged and stimulated, e.g Get players to focus on the red time scores and what they can do to stop it happening. Stk and Ratten did it to stop runs of goals by getting Membrey to push back deep to the goal line, Higgins played higher up the ground and got more possies and more shots on goal as a result.
Ill try and find the audio and post it.

Thanks GTC. Not sure I agree with the second point, but the others sound OK to me.