Skip to main content
Topic: Football Department Review (Read 72162 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Review

Reply #285
Sycophant
Yes perhaps, maybe more than perhaps given the CheatsFCTV structure.

But I dare say even in other days at MMM and the like Darcy has always hated us.

We know we can just Andrew Walker, perhaps the biggest joke decision in the history of AFL/VFL. Ironic that someone would love the Filth ahead of anybody, but then if the assertion is correct, Darcy is a sycophant to the likes of CheatsFC!

The Krakouer mark has barely been seen in replay since the day of the award, I even seen Walker's used in MOTY highlights this season! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #286
Until there are Carlton people making decisions and appearing in prime time, we're not going to get what we deserve from the mouths of the news services. A fact of life. But there are a few out there that make their biases pretty obvious. No need to mention names.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #287
Cerra wont come cheap and is still learning so with our poor history with developing kids into decent midfielders, I don't trust the club with a player like Cerra.

Rather we throw as much as we possibly can to get 2 ready mids like Merrett and Mitchell who we know without wondering the instant improvement those recruits will make.

Cerra is better going to an organisation that can develop him into the potential he has. We are not the team for that and by now should know this and stop making the same mistakes.

It is at the other end we need the support i.e. not so much Cerra but more Mitch Duncan. We need quality professionals who can get it, use it and lead. They need to turn up most weeks and give us consistency. We need them to do it for three years while the juniors develop.

Reply #288
Hm. From the Prez

THE CLUB recently announced that it will undertake an independent football department review to be conducted by an external panel of experts in the industry.

The first part of this process has been to finalise the external panel who will lead this process.

I am pleased to advise you that the following three panel members will conduct a holistic review of the entire football department. This panel will be led by incoming President Luke Sayers with the support of CEO Cain Liddle, and the final report with its recommendations will be delivered to the Carlton Football Club Board.

The three-member panel will be:

-              Graham Lowe

-              Geoff Walsh

-              Matthew Pavlich

Graham Lowe is a high performance and leadership consultant who for the last two decades has worked across multiple levels of professional sport both nationally and globally including AFL, Rugby (domestic and international) and America’s Cup sailing.

His recent sporting experience and expertise involves being a key contributor to the Western Bulldogs 2016 Premiership in his role of General Manager – Football, along with working within high performance for the New Zealand All-Blacks.

Outside of sport, Graham has also consulted with several organisations in the delivery and facilitation of leadership and development, including Ernst & Young and worked with clients such as Google and Walt Disney Australia / New Zealand.

Geoff Walsh is one of Victoria’s most experienced and accomplished sports administrators, holding leadership roles at both state and national levels over an extensive career in elite sport. He contains a strong skill set in people management, problem solving, innovation, and sustained sporting excellence.

A respected AFL administrator, Geoff has worked across multiple AFL clubs and has extensive experience leading AFL programs that have delivered four Premierships, 10 grand finalists, and 25 Finals series teams.

Matthew Pavlich was an AFL captain for nine years during his 17-year career at the Fremantle Dockers, becoming the first WA based player to play over 300 AFL games.

Off the field, Matthew has obtained both a Bachelor of Science and an MBA from University of Western Australia. He also completed a three-year tenure as the AFLPA’s President and was a member of their board of directors for nine years. During his AFL career, Matthew also spent time on the AFL Laws of the Game Committee.

He is an established media presenter with Fox Sports and Channel 9 and has a number of business interests including PMY Group, Lumin Technologies and PickStar.

In what is an important process, the experienced panel members will be afforded the time required to conduct the extensive review and as such there will not be an ongoing commentary of the review. The panel will provide the necessary recommendations to the Board, to take the football department forward.

We understand our members and supporters expect more from an on-field performance perspective. As a club, we are fully aware that we exist to win games of football and ultimately win premierships.

You, together with all our members and supporters can rest assured we remain committed to improve our on-field performance, while also ensuring this football club continues to be relentless in its pursuit of excellence and success.

That is why we have embarked on this mid-season independent football review.

History will show you that in challenging times, the best clubs stay united and supportive.

I thank you for your continued support of the Carlton Football club.

Mark LoGiudice

President  

Reply #289
Hm amplified.

Reply #290
These individuals are being paid by the Carlton football club I presume?.....
Sayers and Liddle will be an interesting work dynamic.

Reply #291
These individuals are being paid by the Carlton football club I presume?.....
Sayers and Liddle will be an interesting work dynamic.
Why do you say that EB?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #292
Why do you say that EB?
GTC.. Its like auditors, they are paid to report on a companies finances but often its about reporting in a way that suits the Directors of the company. Many companies will change auditors to get the results displayed in a more pleasing format to shareholders.
I'm not sure what agenda Liddle has and what his desired outcome is.
I think Sayers will be more impartial and be looking for a honest appraisal but I'm not so sure Liddle will be so invested and will be looking after team Liddle first.

Reply #293
GTC.. Its like auditors, they are paid to report on a companies finances but often its about reporting in a way that suits the Directors of the company. Many companies will change auditors to get the results displayed in a more pleasing format to shareholders.
I'm not sure what agenda Liddle has and what his desired outcome is.
I think Sayers will be more impartial and be looking for a honest appraisal but I'm not so sure Liddle will be so invested and will be looking after team Liddle first.

Always interesting to see who sets the scope and who pays the bill

The one thing the announcement  does clarify Is that it is the footy dept only.  This probably makes Liddle’s involvement a little more palatable, as, although he has ultimate responsibility for the footy dept, at least it’s not directly his dept.

Reply #294
Always interesting to see who sets the scope and who pays the bill

The one thing the announcement  does clarify Is that it is the footy dept only.  This probably makes Liddle’s involvement a little more palatable, as, although he has ultimate responsibility for the footy dept, at least it’s not directly his dept.
Brad Lloyd and Mick Agresta are his mates and make up team Liddle and I expect both of them to come under some scrutiny.
I would presume Liddle would have both their backs and I'm hoping its a truly independent review and all members of the footy dept are scrutinized equally and that mates dont look after mates.
Lloyd in particular I hope is reviewed well and that any shortcomings are not swept under the rug and that Teague isnt the fall guy.
Sayers seems a smart operator and hopefully can guide the review to set us on the right direction, I dont really want Liddle having a over riding influence.

Reply #295
I don't trust the outcome of this review at all.  Deeply cynical and suspect most Carlton supporters will be thinking the same.

Reply #296
This bit is interesting:
"This panel will be led by incoming President Luke Sayers with the support of CEO Cain Liddle, and the final report with its recommendations will be delivered to the Carlton Football Club Board."

I'd keep Liddle well away from any influence on the review/report. He's clearly a politician - and I have no doubt he will attempt to influence this to his own ends. I have no faith in that guy.

I reckon he'd literally give away memberships to inflate our numbers to make himself look good... oh wait... that's exactly what he did. Fooking flog.

Reply #297
I find it hard to believe that anyone worth their salt would conduct a review, or provide any other service, without being paid by the organisation seeking the review or service.  Of course, Lowe, Walsh and Pavlich are being paid by the club and that certainly doesn't mean that they will pull their punches.  Perhaps the club should have called for volunteers to have conducted a review for free ... that would work out really well  ::)

The club has picked three independent, well-qualified blokes who are in no way beholden to the club and I reckon their review will knock a few scabs off.

Having worked with internal and external auditors, I know that they don't give a fat rat's clacker about who is paying their bills ... and they're in deep sh1t if they don't comply with Australian Auditing Standards.

I'm a lot happier after reading the President's email.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #298
I find it hard to believe that anyone worth their salt would conduct a review, or provide any other service, without being paid by the organisation seeking the review or service.  Of course, Lowe, Walsh and Pavlich are being paid by the club and that certainly doesn't mean that they will pull their punches.  Perhaps the club should have called for volunteers to have conducted a review for free ... that would work out really well  ::)

The club has picked three independent, well-qualified blokes who are in no way beholden to the club and I reckon their review will knock a few scabs off.

Having worked with internal and external auditors, I know that they don't give a fat rat's clacker about who is paying their bills ... and they're in deep sh1t if they don't comply with Australian Auditing Standards.

I'm a lot happier after reading the President's email.
I'll disagree on the latter, companies on the asx change auditors to change the perspective of reports all the time.
Its often an item on voting forms for shareholders to approve especially with companies struggling or looking to capital raise. Hopefully the club provide details of expenses of the review in the annual report. I'm always interested in how much money is spent on these type of workplace evaluations and where the money went.

Reply #299
So the cynic in me thinks Harry is about to walk and the review is a smokescreen to absolve the club of the blame.

McGovern and Williams are millstones hanging round our neck.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson