Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 14: Carlton vs GWS (Read 8191 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 14: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #15
"Historically we have performed poorly after the bye". Historically we have performed poorly before the bye.

Reply #16
"Historically we have performed poorly after the bye". Historically we have performed poorly before the bye.

We perform well during the bye though. We don't lose...lol.

Reply #17
Historically we have performed poorly against GWS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Historically we have performed poorly against GWS.
Also correct. They have been in existence during our weakest period in history. There are a few other modern clubs we have struggled with for similar reasons.

Be that as it may, it is about time our players showed some of the heart that Collingwood did today against Melbourne. If we can, we have more than a chance.
Remember, North had GWS six goals down more than once, and North are pretty ordinary at the moment.

The counter argument is that we are as poor as we ever have been. But I hope to see some of our players get off their posteriors and start playing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
The counter argument is that we are as poor as we ever have been.

Only for those with VERY short memories.

Bolton lost more games by 100 points (and the same by 60-100.....and the same as 40-60) in his last 40 games as coach than Teague has lost games by 5 goals or more during his 40 games as coach.

I'm sick of people glossing over how bad we were previously.

Reply #21
He was a lousy coach.  Few would deny that.  Not entirely his fault as the playing group had little respect for him.  C'est la vie   

Reply #23
He was a lousy coach.  Few would deny that.  Not entirely his fault as the playing group had little respect for him.  C'est la vie   

Lousy coach? Are all our coaches lousy coaches??

Brendan Bolton - Last 15 games as coach (1-14) - 4 times beaten by 50 points or more.....twice by 100 points or more.
John Barker - Only 14 games as coach (3-11) - 6 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 1 game by 138 points!
Mick Malthouse - Last 15 games as coach (3-10-1) - 6 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 1 by 103 points.
Brett Ratten - Last 15 games as coach (6-9) - 5 times beaten by 50 points or more
Denis Pagan - Last 15 games as coach (3-12) - 5 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 2 by 100+ points
Wayne Brittain - Last 15 games as coach (2-13) - 3 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 1 by 108 points.

David Teague - Last 15 games as coach (5-10) - never been beaten by more than 28 points in that time.

...and people want to sack him.

How quickly people forget!

Reply #24

Brendan Bolton - Last 15 games as coach (1-14) - 4 times beaten by 50 points or more.....twice by 100 points or more.
John Barker - Only 14 games as coach (3-11) - 6 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 1 game by 138 points!
Mick Malthouse - Last 15 games as coach (3-10-1) - 6 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 1 by 103 points.
Brett Ratten - Last 15 games as coach (6-9) - 5 times beaten by 50 points or more
Denis Pagan - Last 15 games as coach (3-12) - 5 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 2 by 100+ points
Wayne Brittain - Last 15 games as coach (2-13) - 3 times beaten by 50 points or more....including 1 by 108 points.

David Teague - Last 15 games as coach (5-10) - never been beaten by more than 28 points in that time.

Carlton "hold my beer"  that argument will get made next year when we start getting thumped.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25

A loss is a loss. Despite our maturing list, we are still losing especially against teams above us. Last time I checked, GWS was above us.
Before you lose your marbles and accuse me of wanting the coach sacked, check my recent posts where I have stated Teague should not be sacked. I dont necessary like his blank stare demeanour, but that's just me and irrelevant. I am not sure yet if he is "the one", he needs more time. I'm not sure the The Board, The Richmond Bloke and Lloyd were prepared to afford him more time, the independent review may take that decision out of their hands thankfully.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
I'm worried about Mummy,  he has history in smashing our little blokes and although he's been put on notice by the AFL that has never stopped him.   He now seems to play like it doesn't matter who he maims and how, he doesn't even try to do it sneaky.   Could be a real line in the sand game for us,  I don't expect us to win but I don't want to see us physically lorded over by some bushie thug.  This is where a better team culture starts.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
I'm worried about Mummy,  he has history in smashing our little blokes and although he's been put on notice by the AFL that has never stopped him.   He now seems to play like it doesn't matter who he maims and how, he doesn't even try to do it sneaky.   Could be a real line in the sand game for us,  I don't expect us to win but I don't want to see us physically lorded over by some bushie thug.  This is where a better team culture starts.
At least we have pittonet. The only big bloke we've had show aggression for decades.
He's not quite up to the same class as mummy, but he won't let himself or his team-mates get bullied

Reply #28
Mummy looks like a heavy from The Godfather these days .
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
Wow Jones would have crippled him.  But Pittonet is not the kind of guy who'd hold back if it came to it ..

Mumford is a low order animal