Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs Port Melbourne (Read 7890 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs Port Melbourne

Reply #90
Surprised recruiters to be taken at 10... and now we know why. Serviceable Magoos player.

He was considered a top 20 pick.   Many mock drafts had him going to Sydney at 14.   The pick clearly hasn't worked, but it wasn't that much of a surprise at the time.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/brett-andersons-2017-afl-mock-draft/

https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/291379/2017-draft-guns-lochie-obrien

Reply #91
https://giant.gfycat.com/UnkemptDishonestFlamingo.mp4

I can see why you think its an ankle from that angle.

But the report of ice on knee??

FWIW, based on that clip, i reckon it could be a PCL. The old ruckman injury. He may have had the damage done before he even hit the ground.

Reply #92
I hope Honey and Carroll get a game before Murphy and Cotterel.

Jack Martin doesn't look fit, Newnes is not good enough and Parks is injured. There are spots available. Fisher needs to play midfield.

Teague is not good at picking the team... I've been saying it for a while.

Reply #93
FWIW, based on that clip, i reckon it could be a PCL. The old ruckman injury. He may have had the damage done before he even hit the ground.

Id like to know how much ‘ruck craft work’ has gone into a volleyballer whose rucking experience is all of a  oouple of games against school kids and 2 part VFL games. He’s not a natural footballer and definitely not a natural ruckman…… hence a ruck contest that leaves him exposed and there you have it!!!

Reply #94
Reorientating Samo to the midfield in the 2's ??
Don't tell me we're going down the 'play them in their position' track now 😳 They constantly talk publicly about playing to their strengths, yet so many are doing that in a new position. Go figure.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #95
Id like to know how much ‘ruck craft work’ has gone into a volleyballer whose rucking experience is all of a  oouple of games against school kids and 2 part VFL games. He’s not a natural footballer and definitely not a natural ruckman…… hence a ruck contest that leaves him exposed and there you have it!!!
Its a fair point. I'm not sure how much ruck craft our VFL team does. Kreuzer would have of had about 1 week with him since he was drafted to turn him into a ruck. Clearly not enough time.

Reply #96
Its a fair point. I'm not sure how much ruck craft our VFL team does. Kreuzer would have of had about 1 week with him since he was drafted to turn him into a ruck. Clearly not enough time.

According to the Mirkov's interview after he was drafted, Kruzer has been working and mentoring him for a few weeks before he got drafted.
So it is possible that Kruzer may of had a say in the likely potential of Mirkov which may of lead to him been drafted by us.
The link below is his welcome interview after he was drafted.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/951224/maybe-it-could-happen-mirkov-s-journey-to-being-drafted?videoId=951224&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1622698702001

Reply #97
Carlton Reserves v Port Melbourne | Review

https://youtu.be/D7g-39rnlH4

Interesting reading comments here and what the reviewer Paul Sebastiani thought. He also called the game.

Reply #98
First of all, this is garbage:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/962357/casboult-charged-by-vfl-mrp

Secondly, Paul Sebastiani's review of the game is spot on.  I particularly agreed with his observation that Samo showed a "hunger and desire for the contest."  Clearly, Paul understands that reading the play and not over-committing is not "short steps"!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #99
Re: Samo's 2's performance

O'Keefe spoke about Samo's role as a mid-fwd over the past month.

Is this speak for we mucked up playing him down back? Now we're scrambling to bring him back to his right position in the midfield.

Do you think rotating him with Murph is similar attempt to put players in their rightful positions?

Maybe the coaches are finally taking on CSC advice😉
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #100
Murphy getting plenty of handball recieves  ;)

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/962656/vfl-r10-casboult-shows-his-strength?videoId=962656&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1624346015001
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #101
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/962656/vfl-r10-casboult-shows-his-strength?videoId=962656&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1624346015001
Two things from that vision. Levi looked to be moving better than I have seen him move all year and correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't have any tape on his knee? Hasn't it been taped up all year before this game? Are the two related? Shame he got rubbed out as he probably would've been beck in the 1's

Reply #102
Port Melbourne   4.3-27   7.4-46   9.6-60   10.8-68
Carlton   3.6-24   4.8-32   8.9-57   12.11-83
8 goals to 3 after half time.

CARLTON
Goal Kickers: J. Honey 3, B. Crocker 3, J. Parsons 2, M. Cottrell 2, L. Casboult, T. Wooller
Best Players: L. Casboult, B. Crocker, M. Murphy, S. Petrevski-Seton, T. North, J. Carroll

Murphy did get 26 possessions.
Levi must have impressed.

Goal Kickers: A. Anastasio 2, P. Kerr 2, E. Templeton 2, M. Signorello, I. Conway, P. Lewis-Smith, K. Reid
Best Players: E. Templeton, C. Wagner, H. Hooper, N. Holmes, M. Wooffindin, P. Lewis-Smith

Kemp couldn't have been too bad. He held Paddy Kerr to 2 goals.

Levi was outstanding. A couple more good games like that in the twos then bring him back. If he's confident he plays well, when he's not he's terrible. No in-between. No bringing him back early, wait until he is confident.

Reply #103
Levi was outstanding. A couple more good games like that in the twos then bring him back. If he's confident he plays well, when he's not he's terrible. No in-between. No bringing him back early, wait until he is confident.
Wow! With the utmost respect, your definition of outstanding is certainly different to mine Jim.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #104
Two things from that vision. Levi looked to be moving better than I have seen him move all year and correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't have any tape on his knee? Hasn't it been taped up all year before this game? Are the two related? Shame he got rubbed out as he probably would've been beck in the 1's

Levi was moving as well as I have ever seen him and did some great work.  His goal kicking let him down and he should have had three.  Have a look at the game highlights.