Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game profession of faith: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 6942 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game profession of faith: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide

This is a game where we are expected to win. The game is in Melbourne against a team that has been up and down. However, Adelaide beat Melbourne recently, which is better than we've done.
I don't know if we will start favourites, but I don't think we should. We do not have enough runs on the board.

Last year wooden spooner Adelaide embarrassed us. And it was an embarrassment. Are we willing to give them what they deserve? I hope so. But my confidence in our ability o do it remains slim.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game profession of faith: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
It is interesting to see the media playing up Murphy's performance.  Might be just simple laziness in looking at the stats and saying "27 possessions = played well" but more likely that spin is coming from the club which makes me think Murphy might be getting a call up. SPS on his last quarter would deserve one too - but was the last quarter the abberation or were the preeeding 3?  I'd serious;y think about telling him to turn up in the 1st next week and bring that last quarter effort and save your career.  Honey keeps putting his hand up.  I presume Parks will be an out and hopefully Plowman will be fit to replace him - otherwise the cupboard seems a bit bare, maybe Williamson but he didn't greatly impress me yesterday (or generally this year), maybe Kemp but I think he needs another couple of weeks in the 2s.  As for other outs maybe Eddie is needing a rest soon but I wouldn't be doing it for an Adelaide game.  Martin I am a fan of but if he doesn't bring more intensity than yesterday he can be made an example of.  Newnes could be given a run in the 2s not as a demotion but in recognition of his lack of game time.  You could make an argument for a few others but for a combination of reasons I suspect they will survive.  

If it were me I'd have Plowman in for Parks and Honey as sub for Newnes, but I suspect Murphy will get a gig.

Reply #2
Well out of last night and recent weeks, I would drop:
One of Fogarty/Betts - (Carroll/Honey)
Martin (Murphy/Samo)
Parks (Plowman assuming fit)
I'd even consider giving Doc a spell in the twos if someone could come in to replace him)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
We played yesterday with a total lack of energy, application, confidence or endeavor. If we turn up like that next week we will be lucky to get within ten goals of Adelaide.

Reply #4
I said it last week, but Teague needs to take the boys to the pub and get some home truths out there.

Have a bonding session over a beer or 6 and get the group on the same page. We are playing like a bunch of individuals and we are not good enough to be playing like a bunch of individuals. We need everyone on the same page, playing like a team.

Play like a team and we win more than we lose.

Reply #5
I said it last week, but Teague needs to take the boys to the pub and get some home truths out there.

Have a bonding session over a beer or 6 and get the group on the same page. We are playing like a bunch of individuals and we are not good enough to be playing like a bunch of individuals. We need everyone on the same page, playing like a team.

Play like a team and we win more than we lose.
Without trying to be a smart@rse here Krudd, do you still think we can get to the 11 wins?

Reply #6
Well out of last night and recent weeks, I would drop:
One of Fogarty/Betts - (Carroll/Honey)
Martin (Murphy/Samo)
Parks (Plowman assuming fit)
I'd even consider giving Doc a spell in the twos if someone could come in to replace him)
Be a no to Murphy and Samo... Deckchairs just waiting to slide off into the ocean at the first sign of rough weather.

Reply #7
Be a no to Murphy and Samo... Deckchairs just waiting to slide off into the ocean at the first sign of rough weather.
So what do they do? Murph at least looked like he gave a fork yesterday. You know I dont rate Samo at all but FMD even he got down and dirty yesterday. Martin is taking the absolute piss as are many others including my old mate no 6.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #8
Hard to get exciting as we know what the output and effort is going to be. Unless we get that it is time wasting.

Reply #9
So what do they do? Murph at least looked like he gave a fork yesterday. You know I dont rate Samo at all but FMD even he got down and dirty yesterday. Martin is taking the absolute piss as are many others including my old mate no 6.
Samo pulled the handbrake in one contest and Murphy was looking for the easy handoffs. Got annoyed too when a couple of players wouldn't give him the easy ball after they took the mark.
So no to both from me and Imo Murphy is playing for the 300 only and I'm with Spanner and I wouldn't pick him again.

Reply #10
Samo pulled the handbrake in one contest and Murphy was looking for the easy handoffs. Got annoyed too when a couple of players wouldn't give in the easy ball after they took the mark.
So no to both from me and Imo Murphy is playing for the 300 only and I'm with Spanner and I wouldn't pick him again.

Totally agree. At a pinch, maybe SPS ahead of Murphy - who should stop embarrassing himself and retire.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Samo pulled the handbrake in one contest and Murphy was looking for the easy handoffs. Got annoyed too when a couple of players wouldn't give him the easy ball after they took the mark.

They'll medical sub him there given those games count.

Reply #12
Lets be honest EB, there is no one breaking the door down in the 2s.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
The boys look down and out, and I'm not sure what can snap them back into positivity. I can't see a win in this game, irrespective of venue, inclusions, coaches etc. 

Reply #14
The boys look down and out, and I'm not sure what can snap them back into positivity. I can't see a win in this game, irrespective of venue, inclusions, coaches etc. 
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th