Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle at MCG? (Read 8148 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle in Perth

Reply #45
The AFL must be looking at Princes Park as a viable option for low attendance games.
 They'll be low attendance at the moment, some of the stands have been demolished to start the new development.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
The AFL must be looking at Princes Park as a viable option for low attendance games.
First thing I thought of when the talk of Victorian hubs and footy frenzy. Must play games at PP, limited crowd big deal. Freo Carl should be at PP, even no crowd, as long as we get a leg up to chalk up a W.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Looks like Tassie or Geelong. Geelong has merit seeing I live there.

Reply #48
At least 2 changes. Murphy out for at least 2 weeks, Williams out for 1.
No word on Eddie Betts, Adam Saad, Jacob Weitering or any of the the other niggles from the Adelaide game. :(  (I don't remember them all: Silvagni was one.)

I could live with Williams being suspended had the other similar cases been paid. But they weren't. Fogarty didn't even get a mention.

I think Casboult will probably return, which gives us more height. But our team is remarkably short of talls at this time.

I wouldn't mind giving Honey a game. I don't think either Willo or Parks did enough to merit a call-up. Cottrell maybe? he didn't star, but he wasn't a disaster.
Ramsay might be an outside selection. But if the game is wet, I'd prefer Honey. The lad is stonger.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #49
I'll disagree with the coaches and I thought he was ok but not influential, I would have had Walsh BOG with Weitering and Jones as our next best. Picking up Tex Walker for example is a bit tougher than winning kicks across half back IMHO.
I thought TDK was one of our best but he only had 6 possies and didnt rate with many on this site, I just have a different way of valuing players games..

Walsh 10
Williams 7
Weitering 6

The rest Adelaide players.

Reply #50
Worried about this game, Freo are a better side than when we played them last. It will take out best to knock them off. Would have loved to play them at PP or the G, even their ground would have suited us better. Tassie or that crap hole in Geelong will not provide us with any advantage.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #51
At least 2 changes. Murphy out for at least 2 weeks, Williams out for 1.
No word on Eddie Betts, Adam Saad, Jacob Weitering or any of the the other niggles from the Adelaide game. :(  (I don't remember them all: Silvagni was one.)

I could live with Williams being suspended had the other similar cases been paid. But they weren't. Fogarty didn't even get a mention.

I think Casboult will probably return, which gives us more height. But our team is remarkably short of talls at this time.

I wouldn't mind giving Honey a game. I don't think either Willo or Parks did enough to merit a call-up. Cottrell maybe? he didn't star, but he wasn't a disaster.
Ramsay might be an outside selection. But if the game is wet, I'd prefer Honey. The lad is stonger.

Newman was the medical sub and played pretty well.   He would come into the 22.

Reply #52
Newman was the medical sub and played pretty well.   He would come into the 22.
Agree, he played ok and deserves a start next week....slim pickings trying to pick anyone from the VFL though, Levi to come back in as well..

Reply #53
No argument from me either.  :)

Reply #54
Worried about this game, Freo are a better side than when we played them last. It will take out best to knock them off. Would have loved to play them at PP or the G, even their ground would have suited us better. Tassie or that crap hole in Geelong will not provide us with any advantage.
Wouldnt want to play them at home and I reckon if the Crows game was in Adelaide we might have lost too.
I remember Freo playing well at Geelong vs the Cats so Tassie in the cold might suit us better than them IMO.
Fyfe back wont help though and onball they have a bit of power with Mundy, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw and Walters if he plays through there. Going to be tough especially with the Walters matchup. They dont have much firepower down forward with Taberner out or much height down back but do have two decent sized rucks so Levi has to play IMO.       

Reply #55
Wouldnt want to play them at home and I reckon if the Crows game was in Adelaide we might have lost too.
I remember Freo playing well at Geelong vs the Cats so Tassie in the cold might suit us better than them IMO.
Fyfe back wont help though and onball they have a bit of power with Mundy, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw and Walters if he plays through there. Going to be tough especially with the Walters matchup. They dont have much firepower down forward with Taberner out or much height down back but do have two decent sized rucks so Levi has to play IMO.       
Its their midfield as you say that worries me also, I'd get Jack reacquainted with Fyfe again, just task him with giving him the absolute craps all day. Cripps/Ed v Mundy/Brayshaw?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #56
With Murphy and Williams out I would think Newman would be retained in the 22 and Casboult returned. While Silvagni, Cripps and Weitering doing the 2nd ruck worked out ok, and I wouldn't mind if we looked at this sort of thing long term, but it needs to be well planned out. I am not sure about Eddie as a bruised hip often becomes worse after you cooled down. If that is the case hopefully Ramsay or Honey might get a go. Also I would expect one of these guys to be the medical sub.

Reply #57
Cottrell could come back in, although they played him forward in the maggoos.

Carroll looks a likely type, the glimpses he gives us are as good as any, but only glimpses.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Looks like the game will be played at Kardinia Park.  I might get along to this one  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
Looks like the game will be played at Kardinia Park.  I might get along to this one  :)

Not sure why they can't play it Monday night.