Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 18 Carlton vs Collingwood at the MCG (Read 9533 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 18 Carlton vs Collingwood at the MCG

Reply #105
Not until they deserve to be selected, I hope

Yes, RR, that's very true.  But then you could ask how is it the Fisher is a walk up start?

I think that Honey has performed consistently in the VFL and probably deserves a game.  Kemp is another one who must be close, although I'm happy to play a long game with a bloke of his potential.  However, his form has arguably been better than that of Parks and Williamson, although the latter has justified his selection with two solid performances.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #106
Let's see how walsh feels about cripps absence if he ends up.with company

I think that Walsh has been our first choice for tagging this season.  Cripps gets some attention around stoppages but it's young Sam who gets the full treatment.  However, I reckon he'll miss Crippa's big body in there giving him some protection and feeding him the ball.

It will be a big test for Sam, and the team as a whole.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #107
Agree Cripps absence will be noticeable indeed, Patrick absorbs plenty of contact and works hard inside.
Crucial linchpin, I don’t think we’ll get close to the Pies midfield output, without him.

Reply #108
Agree Cripps absence will be noticeable indeed, Patrick absorbs plenty of contact and works hard inside.
Crucial linchpin, I don’t think we’ll get close to the Pies midfield output, without him.
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #109
I think that Walsh has been our first choice for tagging this season.  Cripps gets some attention around stoppages but it's young Sam who gets the full treatment.  However, I reckon he'll miss Crippa's big body in there giving him some protection and feeding him the ball.

It will be a big test for Sam, and the team as a whole.
Barker was on SEN yesterday and they asked him if he was surprised Cripps would miss, he said he is the definition of a battering ram. He has always played that way and always will.
I think Crippa thrives on physical contact, it's like he dares the oppo to keep coming at him and see if they can out last him in a game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #110
Some or all of Newnes, Kennedy, Williams, Curnow (and maybe even Stocker for short periods) should be able to give Walsh some help when he's playing inside. Dow is also young. I think we have enough to help Walsh at least for this game. Hopefully no injuries and hopefully no Pies players outside the middle get off the leash.

Reply #111
You'd think Adams will go to Walsh, and without any help, that will be a pretty tough assignment.

Reply #113
Gimme a spell. I'm 19 years off that milestone.  :P
Jim is just saying you demonstrate wisdom way beyond your years. ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #114
Jim is just saying you demonstrate wisdom way beyond your years. ;)
Or that i'm going senile....

Reply #115
I think that Honey has performed consistently in the VFL and probably deserves a game.
I do not agree with that at all, for me Honey has been flash in the pan along the lines of Martin, but maybe even less and at a lower level of competition!

Carroll has come in and gone at 100% after an injury interrupted season, he's the one I'd reward, because that sends the right type of message.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
I do not agree with that at all, for me Honey has been flash in the pan along the lines of Martin, but maybe even less and at a lower level of competition!

Carroll has come in and gone at 100% after an injury interrupted season, he's the one I'd reward, because that sends the right type of message.

Yes, Carroll is another that should be on the verge of senior selection.  However, Honey consistently makes the most of his opportunities around the goals and provides defensive pressure inside forward 50.  He would be an upgrade on Martin, who must be struggling with injury.

Reply #117
I was thinking that we may not miss him as much as we may anticipate.

Our record without him isn't bad. Others go into his role and seem to step up.

Reply #118
Weiters to captain.

Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance this ends up crowdless game.
The Force Awakens!