Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd21: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 6740 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd21: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #60
If we can replicate the intensity and good ball movement from last week we should win comfortably....even moreso if TDK gets up.

Reply #61
Betts in for Owies is the only change. But McGovern and Casboult listed as emergencies so wouldn't surprise if TDK doesn't get up.

Reply #62
Line up :

Reply #63
That's not a bad line up on paper. Good to see LoB get another chance.

Milestone game : Murphy's 299th lol.

Reply #64
Surely tdk won't play.

We have to name him to make the opposition honest but if I were them if be planning on less de koning and more Jack in the ruck.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #65
Even with 16 injuries it's funny that I don't even think that is our best team.

I think Kemp, McGovern and Fogarty should be in team. Murphy, Newnes and Plowman... not so much.

Reply #66

I think Kemp, McGovern and Fogarty should be in team. Murphy, Newnes and Plowman... not so much.

I'm sorry, but anyone who says Plowman isn't in our best team is kidding themselves.

How many times has he ever been dropped?
The MC give him a job and while he is not perfect, he performs those jobs better than anyone on our list is capable of doing it.
Thats why he is so highly rated in the B+F results.

Further to the above, suggesting Kemp is in our best side is also kidding themselves. He hasn't even played a game of AFL footy yet. He's probably only played a handful of VFL games. I'm not saying don't pick him, but playing him in front of 100, 200, 300 game players and saying he is better is laughable.

Reply #67

mml.   I really don't get the Plowman thing.   Would be in the first 10-12 picked.   Always in the pointy end of the B&F.   When he doesn't play the small/medium forwards have a picnic.    Yeah he is no superstar and hasn't lived up to being a pick 3, but he is panels ahead of anything else we have.   If he is fit.   He plays for mine.

Reply #68
I get why Murphy is there but he'd want to apply a heck of a lot more defensive  pressure when he's on the ground this week or he'll give his detractors more ammo.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69

16? A bit of mayo on that number.
Eddie Betts   Named
1 Jordan Boyd   Knee   "We won't see him for at least a month." Update: 6 July
Levi Casboult    Named
2 David Cuningham   Knee   Out for remainder of season.
Tom De Koning   Named
3 Sam Docherty   Ankle   "He won't play again in the home-and-away season." Update: 26 July
4 Michael Gibbons   Hamstring   Out for remainder of season. Update: 26 July
5 Caleb Marchbank   Knee   Out for remainder of season.
6 Oscar McDonald   Back    "We think he needs a couple of weeks of full training to get back to playing but it’s looking like we’ll see him again this year, which is really exciting." Update: 20 July
Mitch McGovern   Named
7 Alex Mirkov   Knee   "We're getting him in shape to play: whether he plays this year remains to be seen." Update: 13 July
8 Sam Philp   Groin   Out for remainder of season.
9 Marc Pittonet   Ankle   Returning to running this week: chance to return in final weeks of season. Update: 26 July
10 Will Setterfield   Groin   Experiencing low-grade groin soreness. Unavailable this weekend. Update: 26 July
11 Zac Williams   Hamstring   Low-grade hamstring. Expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Update: 26 July
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #70
Eddie Betts   Named
Levi Casboult    Named
Tom De Koning   Named
3 Sam Docherty   Ankle   "He won't play again in the home-and-away season." Update: 26 July
6 Oscar McDonald   Back    "We think he needs a couple of weeks of full training to get back to playing but it’s looking like we’ll see him again this year, which is really exciting." Update: 20 July
Mitch McGovern   Named
7 Alex Mirkov   Knee   "We're getting him in shape to play: whether he plays this year remains to be seen." Update: 13 July
9 Marc Pittonet   Ankle   Returning to running this week: chance to return in final weeks of season. Update: 26 July
10 Will Setterfield   Groin   Experiencing low-grade groin soreness. Unavailable this weekend. Update: 26 July
11 Zac Williams   Hamstring   Low-grade hamstring. Expected to miss 2-3 weeks. Update: 26 July

Docherty, Williams and maybe Cuningham the only three walk up starts... And that's being very generous on their 2021 output. Injuries haven't been that unkind to us.

Reply #71
Eddie Betts   Named
Levi Casboult    Named
Tom De Koning   Named
Mitch McGovern   Named

McGovern hasn't played a game in 2 months. He's still on the injury list for me. I'd still rate Charlie as an injury to be honest. Yeah he may be back on the park but miles off being back free from injury. Likewise Murphy who clearly isn't right and shouldn't be playing.

De Koning is no guarantee to play. And why claim Casboult isn't out injured - because he's named on emergency? Hasn't played in a month or more.

Reply #72
I get why Murphy is there but he'd want to apply a heck of a lot more defensive  pressure when he's on the ground this week or he'll give his detractors more ammo.

I don't think Murph gives a fat rat's clacker about his detractors  ::)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
Docherty, Williams and maybe Cuningham the only three walk up starts... And that's being very generous on their 2021 output. Injuries haven't been that unkind to us.

Injuries haven't been that unkind?

2 games ago we didn't have a key forward on the park, and we are playing jack silvagni as relief ruck for at least 4 matches now.

Our list might be smaller than it was last week, but that doesn't mean we haven't 17 names on it less than 2 weeks ago, even if some of them did play last week.  Harry wasn't exactly running last week whilst on the park.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74
Murphy looked very slow last week and got caught with the ball pretty much every time he got it....a nice goal at the end was about all. If it gets him to 300 then so be it....I reckon he's earned it over the journey. I think Eddie is only a bee's away from 350??