Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting AFL Rd 21 Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 1016 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting AFL Rd 21 Carlton vs Gold Coast

I hate it when we are supposed to win well and we muck it up. Last time it was North Melbourne. I just hope it doesn't happen again!

Voting is as usual: you have 15 votes to award pretty much as you will, with the following provisos:
[1] 15 votes in total, no more, no less.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player (even Sam Walsh)
[3] Three players at least must get a mention.
[4] A grade for the game, A+ (what I want to see) to F-.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting AFL Rd 21 Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Still travelling in Queensland so no votes from me as did not see yesterday's game. Managed to catch the second half of the Stkilda game which was enjoyable.

Reply #2
Team D

5 - Newman
4 - Walsh
3 - Kennedy
2 - E Curnow
1 - Honey

Watched it again.

Unbelievably hard to find voting targets beyond Newman who was probably the standout because he played 4-Qtr when almost nobody else did! Walsh's effort is A+ but wasn't really effective or influential and faded in and out, same applies to Kennedy for short stints, as it does Cripps.

Maybe Cripps should be in the votes but by his standards he had a dog day because he burnt the footy badly several times, it kills momentum when guys get in the clear and then waste it!

Plowman probably deserved a vote as does Weitering, but I gave them to a few of the mids this week more for at least trying despite not getting a result.

Wasn't sure to give Ed a vote, was all over the ground but only laid 1 tackle, very unlike Ed.

Quite a few of our blokes were shown up for pace.

Honey played a really nice 1st-half but we need this kid to play 4-Qtrs or he is going to be massively frustrating, this has been his VFL problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Team: D

5 - Newman
4 - Weitering
3 - Walsh
2 - Cripps
1 - Martin (ran his moom off!)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Team F:
4: Weitering
4: Jones
3: Walsh
3: E.Curnow
1: Kennedy

Reply #5
Team E

5 - Newman
5 - Weitering
2 - Walsh - lowered his colours but still one of our best
1 - Honey
1 - TDK
1 - Newnes

Reply #6
Team E

5 Newy
4 Weiters
3 Jones
2 Martin
1 Honey
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Team E

4 Newman
4. Kennedy
2. Weitering
2. Jones
2. Ed. Curnow
1. Walsh
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #8
Team:   E
We were not that bad in the first half, everything considered. After half time, we were patchy at best. Too many players had down games. And with Jack out injured this week, we now know why he wasn’t at his best.
I almost didn’t vote. There was only so much disappointment I was willing to experience.

Votes:
[4]   Nick Newman
[2.5]   Sam Walsh
[2.5]   Jacob Weitering
[1]   Matthew Kennedy
[1]   Patrick Cripps
[1]   Ed Curnow
[1]   Josh Honey
[0.5]   Liam Stocker
[0.5]   Lachie Plowman
[0.5]   Liam Jones
[0.5]   Jack Newnes

Explanations:
[4]   Nick Newman:   The sort of game we miss when he isn’t there.
[2.5]   Sam Walsh:   Not his best game, but he was providing drive from the middle.
[2.5]   Jacob Weitering:   I was tempted to give him more votes, as he totally destroyed King.
[1]   Matthew Kennedy:   Not perhaps as good as he has been, but he was definitely one of our better players.
[1]   Patrick Cripps:   Like Kennedy, he was good, he just wasn’t dominant when we needed him to be.
[1]   Ed Curnow:   Lots of the ball and a reasonable job.
[1]   Josh Honey:   A great first half. Nothing much afterwards.
[0.5]   Liam Stocker:   Worth a mention.
[0.5]   Lachie Plowman:   Worth a mention
[0.5]   Liam Jones:   Worth more than a mention
[0.5]   Jack Newnes:   Tried hard.

Honourable Mentions:
Harry McKay:   Why wasn’t he near goal? He got enough of the pill to have 4 or 5 goals.
Adam Saad:   A solid effort
Charlie Curnow:   Improving. Getting more of the ball and doing more.

I might have mentioned Jack Martin, as he did run long and hard, but he just didn’t do much. Lots of his running was unrewarded and his effect on the game was less than Charlie Curnow’s.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
I don't think there will be a lot more voters, but I will keep this open until Saturday.
I'm almost happy enough to have had 7 voters.
Live Long and Prosper!