Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 8093 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #30
Plus Jack and Weeters.

Rest of the list suffers from conditional effortitis
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
Plus Jack and Weeters.

Rest of the list suffers from conditional effortitis
I'll add Jones into that group, sometimes he can be chaotic with his ball use but he is always trying and both him and Weitering at least know what defending your man means.

Reply #32
I'll add Jones into that group, sometimes he can be chaotic with his ball use but he is always trying and both him and Weitering at least know what defending your man means.

Stocker too.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Stocker too.
I'd also include Jack Martin (on one leg). Highlighted by the folk on Fox footy. Problem is he can't sustain it for the 4 quarters. Hopefully with an injury-free pre-season we'll see him get the endurance he needs.

Reply #34
I'd also include Jack Martin (on one leg). Highlighted by the folk on Fox footy. Problem is he can't sustain it for the 4 quarters. Hopefully with an injury-free pre-season we'll see him get the endurance he needs.
Wish I could agree on Martin, love his talent and he is a skillful player to watch but his output isnt great and if indeed he is injured he shouldnt be playing. His history with GC was similar, great talent but very spasmodic, not unlike Shaun Burgoyne when he played at Port, hopefully Martin can get to the same level as Burgoyne but at the moment he probably needs dropping due to form/injury if the latter is his problem.

Reply #35
Yep,  Martin is a terribly disappointing player.   Seems to be always injured or carrying a niggle.... A lot of excuses keep getting thrown about for not much output.    Been in the system a long time and needs to step up as the senior player he now is on serious coin. And he isn't the only one in the same boat.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
Yep,  Martin is a terribly disappointing player.   Seems to be always injured or carrying a niggle.... A lot of excuses keep getting thrown about for not much output.    Been in the system a long time and needs to step up as the senior player he now is on serious coin. And he isn't the only one in the same boat.
I think he was on big coin year one (heavily front loaded to scare off other suiters) then year 2 onwards was a normal not too ridiculous wage.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
We will be lucky to field a team.

White flag up..

Give Murph and some kids a run..

Harry out, one skinny kid in the ruck, a few on one leg, a lot with no heart, Charlie at Full fwd and McGovern in..

Reply #38
McGovern "in" is a must.

Reply #39
According to the club website, Walsh expected to play, McKay "highly unlikely."

Reply #40
This could realistically be the worst loss under Teague. Port can obviously smell blood, and are eyeing off the minor premiership. We are desperately undermanned, and distracted / disheartened by various off field issues.

Reply #41
No Jones :(

Reply #42
No Jones :(

Yep, I read about that earlier this morning. A 10+ goal loss is on the cards I reckon. Even with the blokes that take the field, how many of them are carrying niggles, underdone etc.? No doubt those ingenious souls running the review are taking all this into consideration.

Reply #44
Meanwhile back at the ranch, an "unscheduled' Board meeting is on this Thursday to discuss the review. Sure, how could that possibly distract Teague and the players from the Port game ?