Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 8299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
need to change the game plan /style NO LONG BOMBS for a start

Long bombs are never the plan. You are either forced into it by the opposition or by players that refuse to work as hard as they should.

Reply #61
In: M.McGovern, B.Kemp
Out: L.Jones (injured), H.McKay (injured), J.Silvagni (injured)

3 more talls are out.
We get our smallest one back.

This is going to be painful.

Emergencies...
[41] Levi Casboult,
[5] Sam Petrevski-Seton,
[29] Corey Durdin,
[8] Lachie Fogarty

Reply #62
Nice one CFC website.  2 Paddy Dows and no Charlie Curnow!!  Proooof read!!

(A quick fix by the Club thought Charlie was out.    Get the defibrillator out!)

Reply #63
I think we have enough on ballers and flankers to cover if anyone goes down, I’d put Levi as the sub, covers all key positions and the ruck.

Reply #64
I don't think Willo has done much wrong since he was recalled ... and he can play tall.

I thought he was one of our better players in the first half last week and kicked a couple of nice goals recently - even seems to have worked out how to kick with his right foot - still might be a player with something to work with.

Reply #65
Very surprised Casboult wasn't named. Without Silvagni to play ruck, we're left with probably only McGovern to pinch hit in the ruck. Would've thought Casboult could fill a few more holes than the others even just for this week.

Could get pretty ugly I think.

Reply #66
I thought he was one of our better players in the first half last week and kicked a couple of nice goals recently - even seems to have worked out how to kick with his right foot - still might be a player with something to work with.

Yes, RR, I have noticed his right foot kicks  :)

Since he got his recall in Round 16, he is averaging just over 12 disposals, 2 tackles, 4.5 marks, 2 1%ers (generally spoils), 3 score involvements and 250m gained ... and he kicked those two telling goals against the Saints.  More to the point, he looks like he belongs out there.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #67
Very surprised Casboult wasn't named. Without Silvagni to play ruck, we're left with probably only McGovern to pinch hit in the ruck. Would've thought Casboult could fill a few more holes than the others even just for this week.
Could get pretty ugly I think.
Agree. Completely insane not to include Levi. Surely he would be a better fit at CHB than Plowman? Surely he would be the logical change in the ruck? This could also have been his last opportunity to impress in search of another contract. Not sure what goes on at the selection table. Then again this is Carlton.

Reply #68
If Levi is fit enough, then he needs to be there. We badly lack height and strength.
Things are not looking good.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
Agree. Completely insane not to include Levi. Surely he would be a better fit at CHB than Plowman? Surely he would be the logical change in the ruck? This could also have been his last opportunity to impress in search of another contract. Not sure what goes on at the selection table. Then again this is Carlton.

Must still not be right. Its the only thing that makes sense.

Reply #70
Must still not be right. Its the only thing that makes sense.
Or looking at it from a different angle. Levi's papers have already been stamped?

Reply #71
Or looking at it from a different angle. Levi's papers have already been stamped?

Quite possibly, but should the whole team suffer as a result.
Plowman at CHB?
McGovern at FF, Charlie at CHF.

Who is backup ruck??

Reply #73

We can't afford to lose a tall unless they're retiring.  Levi has survive 10 years in the system because our tall stocks have always been unreliable.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74
We can't afford to lose a tall unless they're retiring.  Levi has survive 10 years in the system because our tall stocks have always been unreliable.

Unless we trade in or pick up free agent KPP/rucks, Levi has to get another season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball