Skip to main content
Topic: Teague Gone? (Read 3959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Teague Gone?

Reply #15
So many people thrive on misery and discontent.  As dysfunctional as we are, not even we would do that.

Reply #16
If this is fake news we should sue that radio station to extinction.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
The stories of Lloyd and Teague on the move out, might indicate more changes with this current review by what I have heard.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #19
The football media are parasites and scavengers and we're the carrion of choice.
But a lot of this is self inflicted.
The only way to avoid this is to give them nothing to feed on.

1) If you produce the vastly different performances we do you give them a target they can spot a mile away. Last week we made a team look ordinary. A team that on the weekend rolled a well performing top eight side. On the other hand with essentially the same side that beat St Kilda we get beaten by a team several places below us. That inconsistency of effort can't go unnoticed.

2) The calling of a review half way through a season is increasingly looking like a dumb decision...just dumb!
"It's not about the coach"... the club said.
But it was always a reflection on the coach, and has put unneeded pressure on him and the playing group just for the sake of being seen to be doing something...and given the media plenty to ponder and write about.

There's a section of this club that needs a clean-out and it's not necessarily confined to the football department.

Reply #20
Shall we say perhaps more likely now than this time yesterday?

Reply #21
Its inevitable.   The first thread we created for the next one should speculate on how long. 

A better question i have.

When Teague gets sacked, how long does the next guy get? 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
Its inevitable.   The first thread we created for the next one should speculate on how long. 

A better question i have.

When Teague gets sacked, how long does the next guy get? 

Less of course !
He’ll inherit AA CHB, MID and FF.
No flag yr 1 sack him !
Even the coaches are soft, gotta get a pressure on them so they perform, or else…

🙄
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #23
Put the long list of sackings aside for a minute and the fact that Teague is a good bloke. Clarkson is considered the best in the business and 10 clubs have enquired about his services for next year (HS report). Are we being derelict in our duty to not try and obtain the best coach of this generation? Just asking for a friend.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
Put the long list of sackings aside for a minute and the fact that Teague is a good bloke. Clarkson is considered the best in the business and 10 clubs have enquired about his services for next year (HS report). Are we being derelict in our duty to not try and obtain the best coach of this generation? Just asking for a friend.
Get him as senior assistant for next year. Sure.

Reply #25

I did think about this.  Then I remembered mick malthouse.

Mick wanted us to bring in his type of players so we could play his way.

Look how his tenure at hawthorn has gone since that started with clarko.

Paul Hewson

Reply #26

I do like this new "just asking for a friend" tagline you've recently started using.

The only risk for Clarkson next season (assuming that a. he still wants to coach, and b. wants to coach us) is that we take someone else for next season and he misses the boat. The scenario that would work out nicely for him is that we keep Teague for next season, while Clarko suns himself in the Caribbean as Hawthorn picks up the tab. Then in 2023 when the cash runs out, he comes to us.

I'm not sure about dereliction of duty. There's only one other club that has a recycled coach, and that's St Kilda. The other clubs will start to get fidgety if we hang onto Teague and give him a few years, because they will know that we are starting to get it. In much the same way as folks talk about developing players, we must also develop coaches. That was the idea with Bolton and the kids. Develop and grow together, like the other clubs do. It didn't work in that instance, but the principle is right IMO.

Just answering to a mate.  ;D

Reply #27
I do like this new "just asking for a friend" tagline you've recently started using.

The only risk for Clarkson next season (assuming that a. he still wants to coach, and b. wants to coach us) is that we take someone else for next season and he misses the boat. The scenario that would work out nicely for him is that we keep Teague for next season, while Clarko suns himself in the Caribbean as Hawthorn picks up the tab. Then in 2023 when the cash runs out, he comes to us.

I'm not sure about dereliction of duty. There's only one other club that has a recycled coach, and that's St Kilda. The other clubs will start to get fidgety if we hang onto Teague and give him a few years, because they will know that we are starting to get it. In much the same way as folks talk about developing players, we must also develop coaches. That was the idea with Bolton and the kids. Develop and grow together, like the other clubs do. It didn't work in that instance, but the principle is right IMO.

Just answering to a mate.  ;D
Nice one Pauly ;). I dont dispute development of coaches, been saying it myself for a while only to be shot down because many think coaches are just meant to know what to do, we aren't a training centre. As a football club, we are in the business of winning games of football, so how do we give ourselves the best chance of winning? We recruit the best players and hire the best coaches. If we hadn't sacked 4 coaches in the last 10 odd years, would you move Teague on to get the best coach in business?
Maybe another way of asking the question I asked earlier for a friend ( ;D ) is do we think will Teague be a four time premiership coach by the time he is 53?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Nice one Pauly ;). I dont dispute development of coaches, been saying it myself for a while only to be shot down because many think coaches are just meant to know what to do, we aren't a training centre. As a football club, we are in the business of winning games of football, so how do we give ourselves the best chance of winning? We recruit the best players and hire the best coaches. If we hadn't sacked 4 coaches in the last 10 odd years, would you move Teague on to get the best coach in business?
Maybe another way of asking the question I asked earlier for a friend ( ;D ) is do we think will Teague be a four time premiership coach by the time he is 53?

He definitely won't if we sack him, and the worst part of it we will have wrecked two coaches chances in the space of 3 years.  A new record even by our lofty standards.

Paul Hewson

Reply #29
No disrespect intended but Teaugejust not up to the challenge of his post. Nice guy gets on with the team , all important attributes, but  lost as  a tactician on game day , slow to react and nothing fresh from him for the whole of 2021 season.
Can’t see him remaining  as head coach,  given the  potential coaches  available there’s plenty of talent , we’ve got to get a move on.