Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide (Read 8151 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide

Reply #120
Before anyone cries that it's because of so many outs or the umpires... how different does this look to so many of our games this year? With more talent on the park the only difference would be the size of our losing margin.

It's the same stuff under pressure - capitulation. They just don't know how to handle pressure or give it and sustain it. Too much left to individual talent. Disappointing.  No excuses.

Umpires and injuries are the cause of the margin.
Effort (early) was top notch.....but was not sustainable...as i said at the time.
We simply are not fit enough (2 debutants, a few blokes coming back from long layoffs) and are lacking the talent by comparison.

Port are on top of the ladder, on their home deck....with next to no injuries and everything to play for. Why would you expect anything else?

You showed your hand when you were overly excited early on. Your expectations don't match reality.

Reply #121
How many clubs regardless of who they field have 14 goals in row scored against them!!!

Disgusting. Just has to be changes.

Reply #123
Teague and Ratten. Nice guys but can't coach.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #124
I wonder what the record is for the most consecutive goals in a game. 15 so far... we may assist in a record!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #125
How many clubs regardless of who they field have 14 goals in row scored against them!!!

Disgusting. Just has to be changes.

Reply #126
Give Clarko a 6 year contract and tell him to fix our club.

I think Clarkson understands that he currently works in a successful organisation, and whilst he has undoubtedly contributed to that success, Hawthorn was successful for decades before he got there. Even if you gave him a 20 year contract, it won't change much unless things above him change.

Reply #127
Make that 16.

Reply #128
All the good coaches are picks.

Clarkson, Hardwick, Malthouse, Sheedy, Matthews.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #129
Abject capitulation. Talk now of a record goals against in a row being threatened.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
I wonder what the record is for the most consecutive goals in a game. 15 so far... we may assist in a record!

Saw us allow the first 12 against Freo under Bolton.

Some clubs struggle to attract players given their situation. We'll struggle to attract a coach

Reply #131
20 years of coach changes have changed nothing. Only good thing is a new coach always gets a sugar hit, which might mean finals for one year, before turning to crap in years 2 and 3 and the coach gets sacked. But, hey, i'll be thankful for small mercies.

Don't get excited thinking a coach will change things.
I would have thought that my post was one of the least excited ones, I have posted in years.
I'm just hoping we get a full clean out of the joint and and a new beginning. Is it guaranteed to work?
As the old saying goes, the only thing that's guaranteed is death and taxes, and if you are smart enough, you can avoid paying tax.

Let's just start with the changes that all of us, at least I think all of us on this site, believe we need, and we will go from there.

Reply #132
So embarrassing.

18 farking goals without a single answer! Any pressure and we fall to bits.

All while our coach sits with no reaction like a stunned bloody mullet.

Surely this is it and he will be shown the door this week.

Reply #133
Make that 17.

Reply #134
Abject capitulation. Talk now of a record goals against in a row being threatened.

I was at a game in 1985 where we led Richmond 22 to 1.