Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS (Read 5605 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #15
TDKs attempt to run off was a lowlight, take a side of him trainers

Reply #16
Lost a bit of interest in this game...all this Teague business is depressing and with nothing riding on the game apart from saluting Eddie and Levi it went to script. Ed Curnow played a very nice game and I liked Stocker and Kemps work as well. LOB hit some nice passes early and TDK did well vs the new Mummy in Briggs,but again we dont get enough return for our efforts and having them level at half time meant they would get momentum at some stage which they did and the result was a forgone conclusion.

Yep. Looking at the game tonight meant little. Plenty of decisions have already been made and that match basically had zero bearing on anything. R1 next year will probably look very different for a variety of reasons. Coach, retired players, traded players and sacked players.....and hopefully some formerly injured players back!

Reply #17
The mark was paid... could get mark of the round, and deservedly so.

It was some mark then. Pity he'll never remember it.

My eyes went from Kayo to the TV as Maxy was kicking for goal after the siren. Hence I missed it live.

Reply #18
It was some mark then. Pity he'll never remember it.

My eyes went from Kayo to the TV as Maxy was kicking for goal after the siren. Hence I missed it live.

Yep, he held it all the way down. It only popped out of his hands when his bonce hit the turf and he kneed himself in the head!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
We won something with Harry getting the Coleman. Only needed 18 games too. He missed 3 and one he was off with concussion very early. 70 goal years if it was 22 games, which would have been a very easy win.

Reply #20
Congratulations to big H. Well deserved Coleman Medallist despite injuries.

Thankyou Levi for giving your everything. Nice couple of goals and goal assists tonight.

Eddie Betts (and fam). What to say?
Thankyou for lighting up the field and putting smiles on faces for a generation.
Thankyou for your tireless (painful) efforts to stamp out racism. You've been the ultimate small forward and indigenous role model. An inspirational human being. I hope you find your place to feel safe, heal, and continue being awesome. If that happens to include a role at CFC, we'll be the most fortunate club in the league. I'll be watch your next venture with great interest.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #21

I still think we have a good list and TT should see out his contract with support in the right areas.

I agree - he has had to deal with two Covid seasons, too many injuries and a shallow list that has had limited development due to the debilitation of the feeder competition.

I reckon it would be a sign of questionable integrity to replace him with Lyon, who has shown no loyalty to anyone (but himself and some selected players) before abandoning the Saints and the Dockers without so much as a backwards glance.  If the TT is to be derailed, I would only consider Clarkson as an acceptable option.

Reply #22
I agree - he has had to deal with two Covid seasons, too many injuries and a shallow list that has had limited development due to the debilitation of the feeder competition.

I reckon it would be a sign of questionable integrity to replace him with Lyon, who has shown no loyalty to anyone (but himself and some selected players) before abandoning the Saints and the Dockers without so much as a backwards glance.  If the TT is to be derailed, I would only consider Clarkson as an acceptable option.

If Teague is sacked, I'd say Clarkson, then Buckley. I was 50/50 on Lyon a few weeks back, but recently have gone right off him.

Reply #23
Just listened to Teague's post match presser. Quite honest. I thought he spoke well, but he certainly has an air of resignation, like a Nick Cave lyric - "my death, it almost bored me, so often was it told."

Reply #24
Lost a bit of interest in this game...all this Teague business is depressing and with nothing riding on the game apart from saluting Eddie and Levi it went to script. Ed Curnow played a very nice game and I liked Stocker and Kemps work as well. LOB hit some nice passes early and TDK did well vs the new Mummy in Briggs,but again we dont get enough return for our efforts and having them level at half time meant they would get momentum at some stage which they did and the result was a forgone conclusion.

Another what could have been - missed a series of very easy shots in the first half. LOB, Brackets are two that come to mind.

Charlie could have done a lot better on two occasions but rushed his play and resulted in a turnover. Just needed some composure - at least he's finding the pill - and getting through games.

All that said, we weren't that far off them.

Glad some of the kids got a run.

Losing faith in Newnes. Appears to have acquired the Carlton malaise....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
Just listened to Teague's post match presser. Quite honest. I thought he spoke well, but he certainly has an air of resignation, like a Nick Cave lyric - "my death, it almost bored me, so often was it told."

Totally agree, Pauly. I also thought he spoke well, honestly, without 'blame' or excuse. There was resignation. Also a sincerity. I hope, if The TT is to depart, that Dimma snaps him up... puts actions where his mouth is.

Ps Great lyric quote from Nick Cave. Shot through me like a full metal jacket, only made of ice. Boy do I know that feeling. Paradoxical thing is, once your own mortality is 100% real, you kinda cease to fear death. And you begin to really live. I often wonder how many folks are so afraid of dying, that they end up with an unconscious anxiety about it... and cease to really live.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
Always fear for TDK, very brave for a slender lad and I hope he is ok and it isnt some bad concussion. We can never take a trick and its always our key players who get injured.
Always horrible to see those incidents. But what horrified me more is that our medical staff allowed him to rise to his feet - even helped him! WTF?!?

Is there no department of our club which is not totally inept? I can’t bring myself to watch it again but, from memory, one of the staff was clearly signalling for a stretcher and I think the doctor didn’t arrive until AFTER he tried to jog off and collapsed again. Surely basic training tells you to immobilize the head and neck in order to mitigate the potential of further damage and wait until the doctor arrives?

If I were his parent I’d be absolutely livid.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #27
Eddies end of game interview was really sad, he does
Not want to retire :(.

I dare say that is true, but I think it is the correct decision. Cheer him off a as champion not a has been, hiding behind a ‘managed’ tag week after week.  350 genuine games were achieved with Eddie having a significant influence in the very high percentage of them, right to the finish line.  Job done.

Reply #28
In the post match presser, Teague chided one of the reporters called Tom (Browne or Morris ?) for suggesting that he had lost support of the senior players. Teague said that simply isn't true, and it cut him a little deeply.

Reply #29
In the post match presser, Teague chided one of the reporters called Tom (Browne or Morris ?) for suggesting that he had lost support of the senior players. Teague said that simply isn't true, and it cut him a little deeply.
Our board is as culpable as the media for letting this narrative flourish.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.