Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS (Read 5732 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #45
The prospect of Teague coaching the final year of his contract next makes me feel ill.
If he is retained beyond Monday he must get a contract extension !!!
Can you imagine the past 4 weeks running all through the preseason and then the home and away ??
Spot on....with only 12 months it will be the Clarko shadow over DT's head all season and he will be on notice every week.
If we start off with our usual loss to Richmond , he will be behind the 8 ball all season with rumors and innuendo about Clarko.
Extend by 2 more years to make it three is the only way he has a fighting chance....if not then just give Lyon the job now and let DT get on with his life and he might get to keep his hair and stop it going grey like it is now..

Reply #46
Spot on....with only 12 months it will be the Clarko shadow over DT's head all season and he will be on notice every week.
If we start off with our usual loss to Richmond , he will be behind the 8 ball all season with rumors and innuendo about Clarko.
Extend by 2 more years to make it three is the only way he has a fighting chance....if not then just give Lyon the job now and let DT get on with his life and he might get to keep his hair and stop it going grey like it is now..
I'll be gobsmacked if we extend Teague, it is not the sort of brave decision our club makes, and even if we did could Teague expect us to honour it?

How can anyone trust our club, the only way we are going to attract people is now paying overs more than ever before, with big termination guarantees.

In my experience people you have to buy to front up are never reliable associates, they give in and surrender in a game of chicken when confronted with a true fanatic. The dollar people always want to live to earn another dollar another day!

In retrospect, I think Teague long term looks to be an even better coaching option than Ratten, which means if he wants to stick with AFL coaching he'll have serious options available to him by the time our replacement in Lyon or Clarkson are looking for their big super payout!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Teague will be sacked tomorrow, he's a nice guy but this a brutal business and this year was a complete fail.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #48
Can someone remind me when the LOB bullet inside 50 was?

Reply #49
Teague will be sacked tomorrow, he's a nice guy but this a brutal business and this year was a complete fail.
Can you explain why you have this perception, relative to what your expectations were?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50

We've sacked nice guys and we've sacked mean, hard bastards. It makes no difference at Carlton.

Reply #52
We've sacked nice guys and we've sacked mean, hard bastards. It makes no difference at Carlton.

Yep. Says more about us than it does about the sackees.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #54
Can you explain why you have this perception, relative to what your expectations were?

My expectations were development. Are we better than this time last year? No.

We gave Eddie a nice farewell story and carried Murphy to 300 who seemed less than impressed with how it went down. Did it help Carlton? No.

SPS, Dow and O'Brien are supposed to be the future and we just completely wasted a year of development.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #55
I think there was one in 4Q.

The kid should have played all year. We drafted him and he deserved a season to prove his worth. Especially as we were never really in contention.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56

We should have let Malthouse clean up the club.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #57
We should have let Malthouse clean up the club.

We should have done a lot of things, but I no longer believe in the idea that a coach can be a change agent, either as a leader of change, or on their own. You plug a good coach into a good culture, and they contribute and improve that culture, which constitutes a type of change, but the sort of change people seem to expect from a coach is a saviour, rescuing a club, and turning bad culture to good. I simply no longer believe that is possible, and certainly not at Carlton. You just can't turn the tide when you have a hopeless Board and their associated hangers-on against you.

Every coach from Brittain to Teague has been treated badly. They can't rescue a club, despite what some supporters will believe.

Reply #58
My expectations were development. Are we better than this time last year? No.

We gave Eddie a nice farewell story and carried Murphy to 300 who seemed less than impressed with how it went down. Did it help Carlton? No.

SPS, Dow and O'Brien are supposed to be the future and we just completely wasted a year of development.
I understand that, but who or what gave you that expectation, you can't have just got it from thin air?

Certainly not form the club, Liddle publicly stated the exact opposite, didn't he say the time for development was over?

On the player names you mention, what about BigH, De Koning, Stocker, Owies, Fogarty, Honey and even Walsh has further progressed, do they not count?

Listing Dow is an interesting case, most in the media think he's made progress, not sure about fans or if fan opinions matter.

Is it all forward or nothing?

It reads like you are only looking at one side of the ledger.

Personally, I think a number of players have moved forward just in the last month or so, players we have not seen progress from for several years, why?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
Clarkson would have gone exactly the same as all the others. He chose well.