Skip to main content
Topic: "Song Remains The Same In Blues Backyard" - THE AGE (Read 7096 times) previous topic - next topic

"Song Remains The Same In Blues Backyard" - THE AGE

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/song-remains-the-same-in-blues-backyard-20130708-2pmdg.html

Nice article by Rohan but nothing that we didn't know already. The interesting part is the scoring for & against :

And significantly, for all the supposed extra focus on the more defensive aspects of the game, Carlton is ranked exactly where it was last year - ninth - for points conceded, an average of 87.1 a game compared with 87.5 in 2012.

Neither has its attacking ranking moved much, the average points scored now 95.1 to last year's 94.5. All that with a much longer list of fit players than Ratten had at his disposal for much of 2012.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: "Song Remains The Same In Blues Backyard" - THE AGE

Reply #1
The club is in trouble and they know it, the CEO says there will be radical changes to the list at seasons end and all this after the coach suggested premierships were not out of the question at the start of the year.
Matthew Lloyd had this to say on FC and I agree with him...

The Judd era wont produce a flag...he along with Waite, Scotland and probably Carrazzo wont play in our next premiership team and we have nothing much coming through the ranks to replace them....

The forward line with three small forwards doesnt work and we need to end that method of operation.
Gibbs and Kruezer have been servicable handy players but have failed to become legit stars who win games...

Unless the recruiters can perform miracles its probably going to be another hard year next season where we go backwards again...

Reply #2
Connolly has a barrow to push, but he's got this right.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3

Yep, he's a great Essendon man Cimm. Side note, his brother is the late Steve Connolly who was lead guitarist for Paul Kelly and the Coloured girls and also an Essendon man. Wore a strip of red tape across his Fender Strat. Great guitarist though.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #4

Micky gave him a whack on Melbourne Radio.    Rohan has been lining up the articles ever since.

Reply #5
The club is in trouble and they know it, the CEO says there will be radical changes to the list at seasons end and all this after the coach suggested premierships were not out of the question at the start of the year.
Matthew Lloyd had this to say on FC and I agree with him...

Has the CEO said anything along those lines?   I have heard both his interview on SEN and Triple M and he does nothing more than peddle the party line.

"Philosophically, if it's genuine and you get later in the year and they say it's on the table then we'll certainly have a look at it."   "You would look at that".   "We have a list of free agents like any other club" blah. blah. blah.

I haven't heard Swann saying anything about radical changes, even though the media are spinning that line.

Reply #6
Just had a listen to both interviews.

Says nothing in the Triple M one, in the SEN one however he does mention "substantial" changes on SEN.

Reply #7

Micky gave him a whack on Melbourne Radio. Rohan has been lining up the articles ever since.
True, and you can expect a lot more with the likes of Robert and Bruce commenting so freely and publicly.

The likes of Connolly, Wilson and Robinson know the media has been able to influence the boards decisions in the past, they think the board is weak and can be influenced again. And they see it as their personal vendetta against "those salary cap cheats" to try and de-stable our club as much as possible in service to the clubs they support. Others like Anderson are just stooges looking for a ratings hit, or acting as a outlet for some rich benefactor, cash for comments perhaps.

But I am not sure the club really cares, they seem to deal in misinformation these days far more than marketing.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Even though this is one of those rare occasions where I agree with  them, I find it disengeneous that Connolly and Robinson are lining up (again) to whack Carlton when they are basically mouthpieces for a club with more problems than the early settlers... get your own house in order first you seagulls.  Smacks of deflection from a significant issue that is yet to resolved at that club....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
Even though this is one of those rare occasions where I agree with  them, I find it disengeneous that Connolly and Robinson are lining up (again) to whack Carlton when they are basically mouthpieces for a club with more problems than the early settlers... get your own house in order first you seagulls.  Smacks of deflection from a significant issue that is yet to resolved at that club....
Every time I see your Avatar I get these Spaghetti Western sound effects running though my head, sort of suits a thread title.

"Professer E Goes Bang"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Connolly hates us. He is constantly defending the fact that he does not hate Carlton. Surely the idea that people continue to accuse him of it would sway your thinking???

What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #11
How about this one from old Angel Eyes regarding the failure of the footballing "journalists" to turn up the heat on the scum;

"Two can dig faster than one... you ain't  digging.... why ain't you digging?"
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
How about this one from old Angel Eyes regarding the failure of the footballing "journalists" to turn up the heat on the scum;

"Two can dig faster than one... you ain't  digging.... why ain't you digging?"
Beautiful!

I had thought "Angel Eyes", or maybe even "Blondie", might have been a good nickname for Armfield.

Can you imagine that at a game?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
And so there needs to be radical changes to this bunch of princesses. When are we going to stop blaming the coach and turn the list over?
- Parkin annoints Brits, no good coz he hasnt played AFl and players dont respect him.
- Pagan comes along, players get him ousted because he is too hard on them and hurts their feelings. Norf boys did ok with him.
- Ratts get the nod and gets ousted because the players are confused and hurts their feelings.
- MM turns up and now he is no good also? Collingwood blokes loved him and wish they still had him yet our mob sook it up.
FFS, what has this joint become? Whens the tail gonna stop wagging the dog? Make your mark Mick, its time!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time