Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 3 2022 In Game Angst Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 1658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 3 2022 In Game Angst Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
3-0
First time since 2012 according to Murph the commentator
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
Winning ugly = good team.

For all the complaints of lesser lights lacking composure or being wayward with kicks under pressure, Doc had a couple of moments he'd rather forget in the last 5 minutes. And he's a hardened player who's usually reliable. Mistakes are made by even the best.

And the lesser lights can have big moments. For instance, Boyd (IIRC) got the ball at CHB and rather than hacking the ball forward under great pressure in the dying minutes, he screwed it around sideways towards the boundary where we had a couple of spare men who cleaned it up. If Weitering did that, we'd say it was classic Weitering.

Reply #32
Hard to know what to make out of that. Brilliant first qtr, god damn awful for 2 3/4 qtrs then lifted when it mattered.

“When it matters”
That is all.
Henry Ford.

Reply #33
“When it matters”
That is all.

Yep. To be able to see thru games like that bodes well for us. I  will take some time to recover though - phew!!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Winning ugly = good team.

For all the complaints of lesser lights lacking composure or being wayward with kicks under pressure, Doc had a couple of moments he'd rather forget in the last 5 minutes. And he's a hardened player who's usually reliable. Mistakes are made by even the best.

And the lesser lights can have big moments. For instance, Boyd (IIRC) got the ball at CHB and rather than hacking the ball forward under great pressure in the dying minutes, he screwed it around sideways towards the boundary where we had a couple of spare men who cleaned it up. If Weitering did that, we'd say it was classic Weitering.
Not sure if it was Boyd or not, but if it was, that makes 1 good thing he did for the game. IF.

Docherty, and some others, made some silly mistakes throughout the game too, but they also did plenty of good things throughout the game. Can't say that for Boyd.

Reply #35
Funny little sidelight to our win. We subbed out Pittonet at the end of the match which allowed a fresh Martin to come on. He almost took a mark deep in F50 in the last couple of minutes which would have highlighted the switch but it wasn't to be.

Reply #36
My bad ... it wasn't Boyd who kicked laterally to save the day, it was Sam Walsh with 2.25 left on the clock. Classic Sam Walsh!

Reply #37
That long break I assumed would see us fit and raring to go for the full game.  Don't think it did us any favours, aided no end by some ordinary performances.  Jack and Jacob brilliant.

Reply #38
Radio spectator today

Sounds like we dominated for a quarter or so and the Hawks have wrestled back momentum.

What will Vossy do at 3/4 break. He won’t want a repeat of q4 Dogs💪

Back to winning the contest

Go blues

You think your day was bad, my Kayo stream kept buffering and at the start of the 3Q they started with a replay of the opening Q !
My stream ended in the last Q with us a point behind, the match had finished and that’s how far behind I was watching “live” !
Started streaming the replay and watched the last 20 mins to see us over the line !!
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #39
You think your day was bad, my Kayo stream kept buffering and at the start of the 3Q they started with a replay of the opening Q !
My stream ended in the last Q with us a point behind, the match had finished and that’s how far behind I was watching “live” !
Started streaming the replay and watched the last 20 mins to see us over the line !!

Frustrating when you’re paying for something not being delivered. Particularly when it was so close.
You can relax and celebrate now 🎉
Henry Ford.

Reply #40

I've had some issues with Kayo over the journey.

The 1 way i've found to solve all those problems.....scroll down past all the shows to the channels at the bottom. Put it in 504 and be done with it.
Never has buffering issues, or resets the stream or any of that.

Try it next time, will always be live too. ;)

Reply #41

The 1 way i've found to solve all those problems.....scroll down past all the shows to the channels at the bottom. Put it in 504 and be done with it.

I solved the problem by getting Fox
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42

Will do, thanks for the tip.
Interestingly, the replay didn’t buffer but the picture quality wasn’t too flash.
Let’s go BIG !