Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4868 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
Pittonet in for Honey for me.

Assuming Weitering and Walsh are good to go and Hewett still out....I can't see too many more changes needed? Silvagni can play as a permanent pressure forward and take Honey's spot which still leaves Durdin and Motlop as the two smalls with Fisher alternating too. Cottrell, Setterfield and O'Brien probably didn't do too much wrong last week and Cottrell hit the scoreboard too....all 3 got the ball up and down the ground.

We'd still have 7 defenders with Newman, Weitering, Plowman, Saad, Young, Docherty and McGovern.

I thought that Honey worked his way into the game and was important in the last quarter.  He would be stiff to miss out, and so would Motlop, but I think that one of them has to make way for Pittonet.

The only other change I’d consider is bringing Owies back … but who goes out?

We’ve still got a sizeable injury list but we’re starting to have genuine competition for places in the 22 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31
You haven't noticed Motlop's presence, pressure and tackles up the ground LP? 
I have noticed some highlights, but I'm not star struck by the kid at all. Motlop is a work in progress, excluding one game that is different from all the others he has played, he is someway off being a 24x7 footballer we need to be a serious threat, but no doubt he has shown he is capable, he has shown that he has another level and some tricks.

I'll maintain that if someone like Cottrell, LoB or Owies worked as little or as intermittently as Motlop, and scored as little as Motlop, most fans would be all over them. Some people will read that as bagging Motlop, for me it's just realistic about where his progress is at!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
I have noticed some highlights, but I'm not star struck by the kid at all. Motlop is a work in progress, excluding one game that is different from all the others he has played, he is someway off being a 24x7 footballer we need to be a serious threat, but no doubt he has shown he is capable, he has shown that he has another level and some tricks.

I'll maintain that if someone like Cottrell, LoB or Owies worked as little or as intermittently as Motlop, and scored as little as Motlop, most fans would be all over them. Some people will read that as bagging Motlop, for me it's just realistic about where his progress is at!

With the exception of Owies LP, that's comparing apples with pomegranites. Sticking with Owies, he's in his third season and is a mature 25 year old who has played high level sport as an adult since 2016.  Motlop is nearly 19 and, by his own admission, didn't know what had hit him during his first Carlton training session.  Bearing that in mind, their stats for this season are:
Owies                   Motlop
13       Games            8
6.1       Kicks           4.9
3.4     Handballs      3.8
9.5    Disposals       8.6
2.8     Marks          2.5
0.8      Goals          0.9
0.6     Behinds          0.6
3.8     Tackles          2.4
1.8    Inside 50s      1.8
0.7    Goal Assists   0
1.0    Frees For        0.1
0.6    Frees Against   1.0
4.2    Contested Possessions   3.0
5.2    Uncontested Possessions   5.5
7.0    Effective Disposals                 6.0
73.7%   Disposal Efficiency %   69.8%
1.4    Clangers                     1.9
0.3   Contested Marks   0.1
0.8   Marks Inside 50   0.6
0.2   Clearances    0
0.2   Rebound 50s     0.1
0.8   One Percenters   0.1
0.1   Bounces              0.4
76.0   Time On Ground %   68.9
0   Centre Clearances   0
0.2   Stoppage Clearances   0
4.4   Score Involvements         3.1
146.2   Metres Gained   123.5
1.6   Turnovers          2.4
1.3   Intercepts        0.2
2.0   Tackles Inside 50   1.5

Not a great deal of difference, considering they're both still learning the caper and Owies has a head start.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
F-Me
In: M.Owies, M.Pittonet
Out: J.Silvagni (omitted), J.Honey (managed), J.Newnes (Medi-Sub)

Wouldn't have picked that in a million years
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34

Not sure i agree with SOS, i guess he's just a ruckman now?

Reply #35
Never thought I'd see a game this year where Jack Silvagni was dropped! Busted his @rse for most of the season plugging gaps and rucking against the odds. Glad Owies is back but can we carry Durdin, Owies, Motlop and Fisher all in the same side?

Reply #36
We deserve to lose for sheer stupidity.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #37
F-Me

Wouldn't have picked that in a million years

I like it. I am a massive JSOS fan but playing in the ruck has stuffed up his rhythm.

His kicking and decision making has been off in recent times. One week reset will do him good imo. We need him in top form as link man between mids and forwards which I think is his best role. He has been interrupted without on field continuity too much his form has been down. The tough decision that had to be made.

Reply #38
Agree Mad....I don't wanna see one player not giving 100% or shirking a contest this week....that's what JSOS brings to the table every single time he runs out. He might not be the best player or the most skilful player but you know you'll get maximum effort every week.

Reply #39
He must be managed or injured, can't believe Jack was dropped on form given how much he has sacrificed his own game to be a part time ruckman.

Reply #40
Be interesting if Jack plays magoos...

Reckon he needs a rest. Crows are a quick side and Owies makes sense...

Reply #41
Last few weeks, as per usual, JSOS has busted a boiler but he has looked ...bluntly... knackered. So, not surprised but would have thought, 'managed.' Maybe there were some things in the expectations of his job that he didn't adhere to (that we wouldn't be aware of)?

If SOS is in at PP and I was on the MC... I'd give him a wide berth, perhaps visits some relos interstate!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
He must be managed or injured, can't believe Jack was dropped on form given how much he has sacrificed his own game to be a part time ruckman.

That's exactly what has happened.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #43
I would have rather seen managed than omitted.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #44
Last few weeks, as per usual, JSOS has busted a boiler but he has looked ...bluntly... knackered. So, not surprised but would have thought, 'managed.' Maybe there were some things in the expectations of his job that he didn't adhere to (that we wouldn't be aware of)?

If SOS is in at PP and I was on the MC... I'd give him a wide berth, perhaps visits some relos interstate!

SOS looks knackered every game.
SOS looks knackered after the warm up
SOS looks knackered after doing up his boots.
SOS looks knackered.....its just him.

Having said that, SOS makes the perfect sub.
Can fill in wherever you need him too.
I'm sure he could use the rest.