Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #90
Weve become the hunted now.  That's why they beat us.  When we were hunting we were good enough now sides are going after us we need to respond and we seem incapable.

Just quietly I realised yesterday that we haven't been the same since Williamson was parted ways with.

Not sure what happened there but it could be that this has caused a few issues.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #91
................. Do we have enough cap space for another hard-nut top-liner who sticks tackles?

Not an easy question to answer. Charlie Curnow, McKay and deKoning are contracted till 2023, and their pay packets will surely increase. We've already spent good money on Cerra, Williams, Martin etc. If you're talking about a 700-800K player, I would have thought it unlikely we can afford someone like that, unless we offload a few.

Reply #92
Noticeable that the Crows shut down handball chains, clogged the run and carry and straggled the forward like few have this year while getting away with it most times. If it was that obvious to their brains trust, it should be blindingly so to everyone else now. Makes one wonder what the beaten clubs have been thinking. We thought through opponents earlier in the year. Guess part of not turning up includes the critical faculties as well and assume/hope this will happen less as the squad matures further. Also that without all our first-choice midfielders, we are vulnerable. Do we have enough cap space for another hard-nut top-liner who sticks tackles?

We have him in the VFL his name is Liam Stocker.

Reply #93
Heard this on the radio this morning from a Carlton supporter working on the show....

'When I die, I will ask for some representatives from the Carlton Football Club to lower my coffin into the grave so they can let me down one last time.....'
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #94
we have players that CANT run and spread our players are to SLOW,So nick Austin knows what required now i hope.

Reply #95
we have players that CANT run and spread our players are to SLOW,So nick Austin knows what required now i hope.
He would argue he got Boyd and Hayes to provide those characteristics, problem is you have to get the ball first and strangely the Crows beat us at the contested game which is where we usually do well. Losing Hewett seems to have thrown our midfield engine out and then losing Kennedy stretched our depth as those coalface type players with good body size are hard to replace.
Of course our run and spread was curtailed because Saad had one off his rare off days thanks to Nicks tactics and there wasnt an alternative source. Having the extra tall in the team was a mistake and then Voss got caught out with three major injuries which didnt allow him much flexibility to make moves, rest players etc and we were overrun in the end and probably got lucky the Crows didnt have the equipment to punish us more on the scoreboard.

Reply #96
I didn't expect to play finals this year. I have seen a massive improvement compared to last year. Yes this game was disappointing but it really did not surprise me. No way we can win any of the next 3, so we miss this year. Hope it stings the players so we come back better next season.