Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 7247 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
Fun stat....
Longest active streaks of 20+ disposal games
49 - SAM WALSH
47 - Jack Macrae
45 - Rory Laird
36 - Andrew Brayshaw
26 - Matt Crouch
25 - Lachie Neale
25 - Caleb Serong

Walsh going for 50 in a row this week.

Reply #31
For mine:
FB Saad Weitering Stocker
HB McGovern Young Marchbank
C O'Brien Docherty Cottrell
HF Silvagni Curnow Fisher
FF Motlop McKay De Koning
R Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Int Owies Kemp Durdin Setterfiel
Med Sub Newnes
Out Dow Martin Cripps
In Kemp Stocker Pittonet
Doc into the midfield to provide some leadership in the centre
I'd play around the ruck combo to throw Melb off, eg if they are expecting Pitt to go with Gawn, swap TDK in agains Gawn at the last second before the centre bounce.
Maybe give SOS a run in the midfield vs Petracca or Oliver.
Gotta throw the team around I reckon
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
B Saad Weitering Kemp
HB Docherty Marchbank McGovern
C Obrien Stocker Cottrell
HF Silvagni McKay Fisher
F Motlop C.Curnow Owies
R Pittonet, Cerra Walsh
Int Owies, Dow, Durdin, Mirkov
Sub Setterfield
in Stocker, Mirkov, Kemp, Honey, Pittonet
out TDK(Managed), Martin inj, Cripps susp,, Young(Managed), Setterfield(medi sub)

Reply #33
@ElwoodBlues1 i think I read that honey is still out with a calf ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #34
B Saad Weitering Kemp
HB Docherty Marchbank McGovern
C Obrien Stocker Cottrell
HF Silvagni McKay Fisher
F Motlop C.Curnow Honey
R Pittonet, Cerra Walsh
Int Owies, Dow, Durdin, Mirkov
Sub Newnes
in Stocker, Mirkov, Kemp, Honey, Pittonet
out TDK(managed), Martin inj, Cripps susp, Setterfield omit, Newnes(medi sub)
Mirkov?
Not sure we are that desperate yet.
We didn't play him when we had only one ruck, won't play him when we have 3.

Same team but Newnes in, Mirkov out.
Carroll Sub.

Reply #36
Mirkov?
Not sure we are that desperate yet.
We didn't play him when we had only one ruck, won't play him when we have 3.

Same team but Newnes in, Mirkov out.
Carroll Sub.
For me its a nothing game and its about resting TDK for the following week.....you probably need 2 and half rucks vs Gawn and Jackson anyway. Mirkov might run around like a headless Giraffe or he might be a nuisance and learn something, I just want TDK to put his feet up, have a Stella or a Peroni or two and rest his weary bones.
Managing Young too...been down and looks tired also...

Reply #37
Fair enough NT, then Honey will come out for Newnes and Setterfield gets the medi vest.

I couldn’t link it but they’re hoping Honeys available v pies and I suspected you’d bring in Newnes and sub in the “BluePendlebury”
🤣😎
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #38
For me its a nothing game and its about resting TDK for the following week.....you probably need 2 and half rucks vs Gawn and Jackson anyway. Mirkov might run around like a headless Giraffe or he might be a nuisance and learn something, I just want TDK to put his feet up, have a Stella or a Peroni or two and rest his weary bones.
Its gonna be hard enough with our best available in, resting that many an bringing spuds like Honey will make it a thrashing that will destroy the confidence of the group. Best side in, pedal to the metal and try and win both.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39

Dees are gettable. This is their 'bye-week' before a do or die clash with Lions in R23.

I'd rest TDK for sure, but run with Pitto/SOS combo and have Harry do F50 throw in duties for your 'half-a-ruck'.

I would want to be trying to find a settled side leading into finals (yes, we can definitely still make it) and mix and matching (ie Mirkov) is not going to help us achieve that.

Apparantly Martin and Stocker could be available this week.
Zac Williams will be available R23.

Reply #40
I couldn’t link it but they’re hoping Honeys available v pies and I suspected you’d bring in Newnes and sub in the “BluePendlebury”
🤣😎
The Blue Pendles wasnt great last week but its thin pickings in the twos so the sub role is the best I can do for him although those look away Pendles point guard passes might be handy vs Trac and the abominable red headed one....

Reply #41
The Blue Pendles wasnt great last week but its thin pickings in the twos so the sub role is the best I can do for him although those look away Pendles point guard passes might be handy vs Trac and the abominable red headed one....
The only look-away handballs that can be attributed to Setterfield is when he looks away as his opponent is handballed the ball, refusing to chase and/or tackle.

Reply #42
Dees are gettable. This is their 'bye-week' before a do or die clash with Lions in R23.

I'd rest TDK for sure, but run with Pitto/SOS combo and have Harry do F50 throw in duties for your 'half-a-ruck'.

I would want to be trying to find a settled side leading into finals (yes, we can definitely still make it) and mix and matching (ie Mirkov) is not going to help us achieve that.

Apparantly Martin and Stocker could be available this week.
Zac Williams will be available R23.
Reckon the Dees will be on the bounce back after the Pies debacle and that midfield of theirs will flog us.
I wouldnt even bother with selecting Williams or Martin........although I might do it just to get a photo of those two with McGovern and Marchbank in the same team, thats going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity and verging on a miracle, although I'd probably ask the AFL for two medi subs on the grounds of hardship and compassion.

Reply #43
Reckon the Dees will be on the bounce back after the Pies debacle and that midfield of theirs will flog us.
I wouldnt even bother with selecting Williams or Martin........although I might do it just to get a photo of those two with McGovern and Marchbank in the same team, thats going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity and verging on a miracle, although I'd probably ask the AFL for two medi subs on the grounds of hardship and compassion.

If you keep dishing out these big hits you’ll end up before the MRO
🤣
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #44
Come what may, this little black duck will be 100% behind the boys this Saturday night. Meet the challenge. You bet I'm optimistic.

Baggers, I hope by the time this match starts I will be able to match your enthusiasm,  but at the moment my mind refuses to let go of the memory of those three quarters of putrescent rubbish this side presented to its loyal supporters last week.